Blizzard, Are You Serious? More Dailies?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ya know, I don't really have a problem with dailies. They're there but dailies should be a side quest that is optional, NOT REQUIRED!

My problem with this crap is that Blizzard are content blocking all of us.

Sum it up - We pay for time to play this game
- Forced to do Dailies
- dailies can only be completed once a day for rep/gold/valor
- rep purchased items require valor
- valor cap is 1000 per week
- valor required items cost more than 1000 to purchase (1250VP - 2250)
- Weeks and weeks waiting to obtain an item due to this system

Two content blocks, you may reach the reputation required after spending weeks completing dailies, but then the need for valor... what.. the f
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If you people really did as many dailies as you said you did, you'd have long been exalted by now.

In any case, I'm a high-end raider. I still am not exalted with half of the Pandaren reps. They are NOT in any way, shape, or form mandatory.

What?

1) Look at my reps.
2) Look at my gear.

How exactly did me not doing dailies prevent me from getting gear? Valor gear isn't even that good.
Edited by Eloderung on 11/29/2012 9:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, You must have ran straight into MSV in greens. /clap
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
If you people really did as many dailies as you said you did, you'd have long been exalted by now.

In any case, I'm a high-end raider. I still am not exalted with half of the Pandaren reps. They are NOT in any way, shape, or form mandatory.

Maybe it's because after doing 2 weeks of 3+ hours worth of dailies a day, your desire to log in and do any at all is ruined?

And grats on being in a raiding guild. Not everyone is. Some of us used VP gear for more than one character, or to gear off-specs, or to gear more than one spec for multiple characters.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

What?

1) Look at my reps.
2) Look at my gear.

How exactly did me not doing dailies prevent me from getting gear? Valor gear isn't even that good.

Firstly, you don't need to be exalted you only need revered to be "up to date"
And secondly, heaven forbid the RNG gods give you bad luck and none of your loot drops in raid... not everyone gets the stuff they need.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What?

1) Look at my reps.
2) Look at my gear.

silly person, are you telling me that if I want the rep gear I am not forced to do dailies?

I don't give a !@#$ about how you received your gear, The point is, Content that others and myself want, can only be obtained through dailies.

understand the post..wow
Edited by Lightbreeze on 11/29/2012 9:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
What?

1) Look at my reps.
2) Look at my gear.

silly person, are you telling me that if I want the rep gear I am not forced to do dailies?

I don't give a !@#$ about how you received your gear, The point is, Content that others and myself want, can only be obtained through dailies.

understand the post..wow

Except some of your posts have hardly been constructive for Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Kailia
Yeah 5.0 people hit level cap within 2 days tops and were starting to grumble about dailies

I still remember how daunting it was when all those quests appeared in the shrine for every single god damn rep faction.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
11/29/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Delanei
They created the alternatives in past expansions, and now they refuse to give them to us.

I mean, they've also pretty consistently said in recent months that their internal numbers said those alternatives were a bad idea for the game as a whole.

It's fine to disagree. I disagree with some of their decisions too. But I'm not out there thinking they do this stuff haphazardly either. They make decisions based on data. If they do something I don't like, or they design content that doesn't appeal to me, I at least consider the possibility that my preferences aren't as popular as I thought they were.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Wasn't The Burning Crusade the most loved Expansion?

We forget that there were about 20 over all factions to grind rep with?

Some of them didn't have dailies, but required you to grind specific dungeons, over and over again, remember needing to be revered to unlock the heroic versions of dungeons?

But your forgetting!

Dungeons are the ONLY content people want to do now. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
11/29/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Lightbreeze
Content that others and myself want, can only be obtained through dailies

When you say "content" that you want, do you mean rewards that you want? Because you clearly don't want the content, only the rewards for doing it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Valius
Except some of your posts have hardly been constructive for Blizzard.

Yeah, I have kinda lost all respect for blizzard games as of late.

Just look at diablo / wow. It's just turned into this big repetitive thing and it's annoying watching a game I once loved to play, turn into this crap we see before us.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

What?

1) Look at my reps.
2) Look at my gear.

Most raids need their members to have some supplemental source of gear in order to progress past DPS-check bosses like Elegon. That is, unless you're willing to sit at 4/6N MSP for 2 months like my raids have (and most of our people actually are doing dailies. I'm not because my 'keep my subscription active and show up for raids' approach is already enough of a compromise for the sake of the raid. I'd rather quit the game until they unfrack the endgame reward structure.)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Forced to do Dailies - dailies can only be completed once a day for rep/gold/valor - rep purchased items require valor - valor cap is 1000 per week - valor required items cost more than 1000 to purchase (1250VP - 2250) - Weeks and weeks waiting to obtain an item due to this system

You could always join a raid guild and raid for your gear.

11/29/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Pandemagium
Maybe it's because after doing 2 weeks of 3+ hours worth of dailies a day

3 Hours a day for one toon is your problem not blizzards. You can keep up with valor by doing one faction a day. About 20 minutes a day for GL to keep up with valor. 3 hours a day spread over multiple toons is also your problem not blizzards. Pick a main and get it geared. Swap to an alt then.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Enhancement
When you say "content" that you want, do you mean rewards that you want? Because you clearly don't want the content, only the rewards for doing it.

Content referring to things within the game.
Reply Quote
I can't say that I enjoy them - I don't do them anymore unless I have a reason to. I'm more likely to do old dailies than I am new ones just for the hell of it and only for short periods of time.

However - and I've only scanned these topics - what else should Blizzard implement to keep people interested and progressing? =/
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
11/29/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Lightbreeze

Content referring to things within the game.

Would you be satisfied, then, if those items just didn't exist at all, for anyone? Then you would not feel forced to repeat tasks you despise in order to get them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Cry.

You can do them or don't do them. You don't need rep gear for end game content. It helps but it isn't necessary, people have cleared the current content in quest/heroic gear on normal and went from there with raid drops. They help but they are not necessary.

Do them or don't. Not Blizzard's fault you can't handle the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]