Battletron nearly impossible to kill as a DK?

100 Human Death Knight
Those not familiar with the fight he spawns orbs around him that you cant touch or they explode for 95k damage. So in short you break a few orbs and run around him in the gap while dps'ing him down. Throughout the fight he'll also shoot a beam at you for (I hear it's about 20% of your hp) but it hits me for about 45k's.

So I've been doing Brawlers Guild since yesterday on and off and reached rank 7. I've killed GG Engineering and Dark Summoner, both difficult but have gotten them both down with practice. GG-E and Dark Summoner should be easier than Battletron to some degree but I feel it's impossible to stay alive long enough to kill him. I specced into unholy blight/AMZ to better keep my diseases up and reduce the magic damage taken from his beams. I'm doing the following at the start of the fight...

Pre fight - Flask up, well fed, all the available buffs up.

Start of encounter - Prior to him appearing I pop army, hit my macro which uses my engineering tinker on gloves uses my strength potions +4000 str, and uses pillar of frost.

I've seen a couple videos of warriors doing it with no real problem. Seeing as how once their hp goes low enough to have second wind pop up they're pretty much impossible to kill. I'm doing sufficient dps during the fight being at 90-100k dps. I just can't live long enough to reach the enrage (I'm sure I wouldn't reach it but that's not the point). I'm using everything from AMZ AMS IBF and Ghoul sac and I'm still dying. I have also tried the encounter as blood in dps gear but I reached the enrage and died. I'm curious if anybody else is having trouble with Battletron as well? For DK's to have "Second Wind" aka Conversion our dps is severely gimped due to our RP being stolen so I don't take it. This is by no means a stab at warriors or second wind, I just feel a bit under powered compared to similar dps classes and am not able to progress due to this fact. Pallies have a lot of self healing, bubble, LoH etc.

Thoughts? Whether good or bad they're welcome.

~ Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I've been giving Battletron some attempts, at 5 so far.

For my first few attempts, I was having some trouble surviving through the beam. Seeing how this wasnt working, I specced from my ghoul sac to Death siphon. Since I Dual wield for pve, it was a minimal dps loss to use all my death runes on death siphon. With full buffs and around 9k mastery, it heals me for about 29500 noncrit. It helped me survive a lot longer than I thought it would. Unfortunately, I've never really used Death siphon and I know I need a lot of practice using it. I've only done about 3 attempts using death siphon, and I manage to survive through to the enrage. On those attempts I was able to get to about 3% or so each time, and my dps was around 79-80k.

It definitely is possible, abeit quite difficult at our current gear level. I believe with a couple more attempts I'll down it. Long story short, I recommend giving death siphon a go.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
go blood
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/29/2012 10:15 PMPosted by Wolfháusen
go blood

He mentioned that.. & hit the enrage
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
11/29/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Nobul
go blood

This, I will in fact try death siphon and report my findings here. It may be a while before I log back into game, but I will give an update. Thank you for the information Ciraxis.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
11/29/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Hagendaz

This, I will in fact try death siphon and report my findings here. It may be a while before I log back into game, but I will give an update. Thank you for the information Ciraxis.

Kick his !@# for me.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
get me a brawlers guild invite and i'll figure out a way to kill it for ya
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I'm still finding myself having a hard time doing this even with Death Siphon. I've also tried conversion which is laughable at best. The two of these healing abilities sacrifices a huge amount of dps for fairly minimal dps. I was getting some crap from a warrior ingame about how they can do 100k dps on Battletron minimal. I agree 100k dps is awesome and not out of my reach, though warriors aren't spending precious resources on healing with second wind. Any other suggestions? And if you've seen any death knights down him I'd love to know who. Thanks again.
Edited by Hagendaz on 11/30/2012 1:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
11/30/2012 12:49 AMPosted by Hagendaz
I'm still finding myself having a hard time doing this even with Death Siphon. I've also tried conversion which is laughable at best. The two of these healing abilities sacrifices a huge amount of dps for fairly minimal dps. I was getting some crap from a warrior ingame about how they can do 100k dps on Battletron minimal. I agree 100k dps is awesome and not out of my reach, though warriors aren't spending precious resources on healing with second wind. Any other suggestions? And if you've seen any death knights down him I'd love to know who. Thanks again.

Ciraxis reporting in. I've killed battletron after 2 more attempts. It would be very difficult to rely on maximizing death siphon if you're using the 2 handed priority system, since you would need your death runes to churn out obliterates. Have you tried Dual wielding? It would make a noticiable difference. Or do you lack two decent one handed weapons?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Ciraxis reporting in. I've killed battletron after 2 more attempts. It would be very difficult to rely on maximizing death siphon if you're using the 2 handed priority system, since you would need your death runes to churn out obliterates. Have you tried Dual wielding? It would make a noticiable difference. Or do you lack two decent one handed weapons?

I actually have no one handed weapons currently. Which does indeed suck, as I said I tried conversion and it went horribly. Conversion wore off really fast and I had almost no RP to Frost Strike. Death Siphon was better but was hard to work into a rotation. Both of these are huge dps losses still. I did however watch a warrior kill him with second wind keeping the warrior at ~25-35%. Again not a second wind hate thread or anything of the sort. If anything I'd just like a healing that's on par with it. I appreciate the feedback Ciraxis. I was starting to wonder if there were any DK's that have killed him yet lol.

Edit: Jumping on D3 for a while incase I don't get back to posting in a timely fashion lol. I will however read this again when I can. :)
Edited by Hagendaz on 11/30/2012 1:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I've been stuck on Battletron for a while also. I've noticed that since the last rolling restart Battletron has gained 4million HP (5.6mil to 9.6mil). I've been watching brawls all day and I havent seen anyone beat Battletron 2.0 so far.

I've tried specing conversion but notice a big dps loss from it, also tried death siphoning but also noticed a big dps loss as I am 2h frost.

As blood I tried to eat as many mines as I could to stack up Vengeance but still came in short with ~20% hp remaining at enrage.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
so whats the enrage timer on this guy anyway? i can do 70k dps in blood would that be good enough to kill it?

<--- don't yet have an invitation to brawlers guild :(
Edited by Aldmos on 11/30/2012 3:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Not sure, but I have pretty equivalent gear to you, Aldmos. Though blood wasn't enough.

Inspyre I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Our survival comes at a huge price
unfortunately. I will continue to check this thread though.
Edited by Hagendaz on 11/30/2012 3:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
To make the enrage you gotta sustain ~80k dps over 2 minutes, even as frost with all the healing talents im doing around 70k, I dont know what else we can do :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm asking here because I'm curious and there just isnt that many posts about him at all. Anyone know anyone that has killed him as a priest? I have attempted it as both Shadow(offspec) and as Disc and have done slightly better as Discipline, completely ignoring the mechanics, but I was only able to get it to half.
Edited by Prelude on 11/30/2012 5:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
the damage output is just too high for me to do this as DPS and i cant meet the enrage as blood. really sucks for a melee.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I'd welcome the challenge if I got an invite. A player in my guild won an invitation but don't know if or when he'd toss one to me. I'm don't pvp like he prefers to so I doubt he'd pass one to me any time soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/30/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Tor
I'd welcome the challenge if I got an invite. A player in my guild won an invitation but don't know if or when he'd toss one to me. I'm don't pvp like he prefers to so I doubt he'd pass one to me any time soon.

You could... I dunno... make some gold and buy your own invitation. They aren't exactly that out of reach if you put your mind to it for a little while
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

You could... I dunno... make some gold and buy your own invitation. They aren't exactly that out of reach if you put your mind to it for a little while

I personally got my invitation from a rare spawn, but they're already going for less than 5k on my server (looked last night and it must have been a new batch of invites because they were all at 1k, I will update the price accordingly though) on the BMAH (Black Market Auction House) located in the veiled stair.
Edited by Hagendaz on 11/30/2012 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I've been stuck on Battletron for a while also. I've noticed that since the last rolling restart Battletron has gained 4million HP (5.6mil to 9.6mil). I've been watching brawls all day and I havent seen anyone beat Battletron 2.0 so far.

I've tried specing conversion but notice a big dps loss from it, also tried death siphoning but also noticed a big dps loss as I am 2h frost.

As blood I tried to eat as many mines as I could to stack up Vengeance but still came in short with ~20% hp remaining at enrage.

Ah, so they did buff him. I was wondering why he had such a high win to loss ratio. I thought he was gonna be one of my easier fights too, turned out to be my hardest. Although, the next fight after him is ridiculously easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]