Battletron nearly impossible to kill as a DK?

90 Orc Death Knight
I just blew him up, gg.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This sucks as a ret pally, gotta use my damn holy power to keep myself alive which I ironically need to keep to do dps in order to nuke the boss b4 the enrage. So it's either straight dps him and die cuz i didn't heal myself, or heal myself and die to the enrage. NERF IT FER GODS SAKE.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well, I just killed him but died 2 seconds later to the fire and didn't get credit :((( but I have a pretty set plan on how to get it.

This was done was 2H frost.

First, use all CDs at beginning of course, since he is casting mines and will NOT do any damage. MAKE SURE TO PRE POT WITH BRAWLER'S POTION ALSO!!!!!!! SAVE EMPOWER RUNE WEAPON. Pop only 6 mines, IMPORTANT. Use AMS. While bursting him down, you should get him to around 50-60%, during this time USE a healthstone when you get to around 50% health. Then, when around 40-50% health again (whenever you feel uncomfortable) use DEATH PACT. Make sure to create a macro that targets "Risen Ally" and casts death pact. After this, just keep dpsing and try not to use death strikes. Use empower weapon if you feel like you need more DAMAGE, or if you need more healing, or a little of both. When he gets to around 20-35%, pop AMS, pop a 3RD MINE NO MORE, and use lichborne to heal up to full. After this, wait until you are at a low health (not too low) and use a BRAWLER'S HEALING POTION. VERY IMPORTANT!!!! After that, try to incorporate death strikes WHENEVER POSSIBLE, but don't neglect obliterate. Also don't forget to apply soul reaper as soon as he reaches 35%.

Feel free to use icebound fort in between any of the healing cooldowns, when you feel it is needed. Also, you should have every single raid buff, flask and food buff.
Edited by Littlebambi on 12/2/2012 11:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Anyone pull this off as Unholy yet? Although I assume as long as the bug clearing Dark Transformation stacks persists it won't be feasible. Or how about 2h Frost WITHOUT full raid buffs and a health stone?

Simple Death Pact macro as long as that bug remains:
/tar Risen Ally (alternatively /tar pet as Unholy)
/cast Death Pact
/targetlasttarget

I wasn't able to get any of the @pet targeting features to work, which would save you a bit of DPS since the swing timer wouldn't reset.

I've also had problems getting the mines to actually pop, to the effect of running through the line with AMS up and having to run about a quarter of the circumference of the mine circle (and thus wasting AMS time) before any would even trigger, anyone else have that?

And as a main-spec Blood, I'd like to apologize for what DPS DKs have had to endure because of us defensive-wise.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
bug clearing Dark Transformation stacks persists it won't be feasible.

Bugs? I recently went from frost to unholy.
I summoned my pet and had 9 hours of Dark Transformation left.

It cleared when I died ...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
12/03/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Babelon
bug clearing Dark Transformation stacks persists it won't be feasible.

Bugs? I recently went from frost to unholy.
I summoned my pet and had 9 hours of Dark Transformation left.

It cleared when I died ...

That sounds fun. When they hotfixed the Brawler's Guild to clear short term buffs, they apparently forgot that DT stacks are not third party, so every so often it just purges your stacks for no reason while you're fighting.

On the note of fun (de)buff duration times, back in classic I once got hit by a spriest while zoning into SM. I had the old shadow vulnerability debuff for 32767 days. (Un)Fortunately, it cleared on death.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Personally i dont see this doable with DK's i dont care what people say... anyone that has done it has done it either before buff or using the bug and enter someone elses battle to get pushed to the next boss. Its a 2 min enrage timer , you have to keep 80k dps min while moving ( for any dps that a dps loss) , on top of that survive the burst of the mines and taking a laser to the face. best part is that if you pop army and they are near a mine boom your pet just cost you more damage. Yes we can health stone gain back 20% and yes we can sac our pet , and yes we can take the brawler health potion ( even though a master healing potion gives back twice as much) ,we can use lichborne heals, and how can i forget deathstrike which give back about 20k. the problem with these is we have to be in frost pres to do serious damage so even with ams and amz to pop bubbles you lose about 20% already. so you take health stone now thats on cd. as you continue to dps you notice you go down quick you sac you pet and notice you only got him to 60% at which point by the time you get him to 40% you have used you potion and any other healing cd you use is dps lose which you can afford.. I can pull on a stand still 108k+ but on a moving target which i have to monitor survivability on and use DS or cap my runis to licborne heal and use my empowered weapon to add more runic healing im doing around 60k+ and its either i hit enrage surviving or i go all out just to see myself get owned with him at 40%. Unlike Pallys and Monks who can self heal every chance they get. AMS should atleast be able to convert magic damage to health or something to make up for lack of survivability IMO .
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Personally i dont see this doable with DK's

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/smolderthorn/Babelon/achievement#155:15202:a7941
using the bug and enter someone elses battle to get pushed to the next boss.

CRAP!!! pffff, I didn't use this bug. The game used it for me.

It was my first queue of the day. My friends were all down there, so I queued.
Shortly after, I'm in my buddy's brawler game. He wins, thus I win.

However, the boss after him is really easy.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
I didn't actually use any bug for the fight and did it after buff.

at the start I blew 2 orbs with AMS and then moved with the orbs in circle.Was in melee range the whole time.The movement will only reduce your dps if you don't use keybinds.Had around 130k ish dps so the fight didn't last 2 mins.Still imo the hardest boss rank 1-7 boss.And can be very hard without decent gear.

Our server is pretty busy.And there's always a full buff group outside the arena.I spend the Q time reading starts in wowhead.Reached rank 1 to rank 8 in about 3 hrs that way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/03/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Kraken
Anyone pull this off as Unholy yet? Although I assume as long as the bug clearing Dark Transformation stacks persists it won't be feasible.

I did it as unholy, didn't have any issues with DT (unless you're talking about stacking it up before somehow or something).

DW frost gaming for siphon is prob the best way to go though, I think.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I don't really understand what's going on. Mines don't properly pop for me. While letting it wipe after taking an extra mine pop at the start (a mine that exploded without anything coming near it), I sat there and auto attacked for a good 30 seconds directly in the line of mines without any exploding. Anyone else getting weird behavior like that?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I'm on em now......although I use a 2H and don't feel like reforging and setting up to use DW. I got him to 30% first attempt and have gotten a little further each time but haven't gotten the kill yet. Records show he has been beaten only 8 times. Not sure if thats a weekly reset or overall stat, but it sure seems about right! Each gear piece makes it easier and I get further, I just run out of healing. Would be nice not to have to wait on CD's and having to use up the expensive buffs.........

got 3 - 8% equipment damage after one fight. not nice........almost had em but the fight before me glitched and lashers attacked me before he spawned. Might have had a decent chance that go round......i'll never know.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Hardest boss by far, probably my 7th or so attempt. Have got him to 30% lowest, but close to enrage.
5th in line~

9th attempt. died at 3% /facepalm

Edit: Ive died to enrage each time. roughly 4% again.
Edited by Hothbra on 12/13/2012 4:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I am currently masterfrost and debating as if i should replace Death Siphon instead of using Howling Blast and replacing Death Pact.

That said, this boss is really is a !@#$% =/
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I am currently masterfrost and debating as if i should replace Death Siphon instead of using Howling Blast and replacing Death Pact.

That said, this boss is really is a !@#$% =/

You definitely should.

You don't have to completely replace howling blast with Siphon, just know how and when you should switch to gaming for Siphon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Any updates? I just upgraded my weapon, tried as blood and frost... just not getting it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I finally got it, after about 8 attempts. Unholy, iLvl 482, with Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion but no legendary gem. This fight was the second one that gave me real trouble in terms of enrage timers and staying alive, the first being GG Engineering.

Death Siphon was invaluable. I managed to use it 13 times in the fight, for a total of 550k healing. I had to set up a Weak Auras alert indicating that it was available, which was wonderful.

Anti-magic shelled twice, which meant staying alive for a minute without it, which was almost impossible without Death Siphon, and easily accomplished with it. Absorbed 283k of that horrible arcane lightning.

Of course, Fallen Crusader procs were awesome, I had 11 for the fight, healing for 128k.

Warlock cookie healed for 78k and I doubt I would have lived without it.

1. Open with Army and Brawler's Potion.
2. Build up runic power for death coils as mines are summoned.
3. Once the last mine is summoned, activate AMS and use Death Coils to pop 2 mines.
4. Summon Gargoyle ASAP.
5. Engage standard rotation.
6. Use Empower Rune Weapon to recharge 4 death runes and Death Siphon when necessary.
7. Death Siphon whenever not at full health and Death Siphon is available.
8. Anti-magic shell as soon as it's available again, bless this spell.
9. Would have used Life Spirits if necessary, but proved not to be. Barely.
10. Soul Reaper saved me from too little DPS. Love that thing.

Healed 8900 HPS all things considered, and did 82,460 DPS. The fires were moving to claim me just as the boss went down. Was at 10-20% health, Death Siphoning on fumes.

Was so happy to be done with it.

Edit: I also reforged to meet the hit and expertise caps for a little under level 92s*, since they're not raid level bosses. It wasn't much but, like I said, the fire was on its way across the arena.

Re-Edit: Oh, I guess bosses at rank 6 or higher are level 93. Whoops. :]
Edited by Damnbledore on 12/17/2012 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
just killed him, i found asphyxiate to be useful as it applies the strangulate effect every 30 seconds, i also dont think i could have done it without a warlock in my party heathstones are KEY also i saced my ghoul at about 40% -50%, hp popping army from the start and using the str pot asap is a must before he spawns so you get another use from teh pop and your ghouls are done slowly dragging themselves out of the ground , use AMS to eat the orbs , then after ams is off asphyxiate, then when the strang effect wears off use AMZ around you and the boss, i also used out break to start then when blood plague is about to wear off use unholy blight i hope this helps this is a tough fight
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]