Open Libram LVIII: Everyday I'm Judging

90 Dwarf Paladin
12/07/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Aglaea
Mother of god... angelista is starting to troll about rets in PvE settings now...

...Seriously? Seriously? By the Light you have got to be fricking' kidding me. -_-
Edited by Grôgnárd on 12/7/2012 8:32 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
Morning Pally Crew

Soloing Sunwell was interesting last night. No 2 handed sword though

12/07/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Aglaea
Mother of god... angelista is starting to troll about rets in PvE settings now...

Clearly her parents need to activate their parental controls.
90 Human Paladin
I feel like I can never DPS in LFG.

Why?

Every tank sucks.

Supposedly if tanking is "so easy" as proclaimed by some people, why is it:

1) Few people queue for it? and
2) So many LFGs have... so terrible... tanks?

I mean I'm not saying I'm spectacular, but healers usually claim I'm pretty good when I tank; sometimes better than the last crappy tank that we had (though maybe that's comparing a pile of poo to a pile of poo with a cake on it).

I mean I get healing isn't exactly easy, but it boggles my mind that more people usually queue as a healer than as a tank.

I haven't done much LFR yet (computer issues), but I'm hoping it's better there than it is in Heroic 5 mans.
Edited by Bassm on 12/7/2012 8:39 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
So funny story

Did random 5 man last night, popped in on the last boss of Gate of the Setting Sun (Giant bug guy)

Healer was still there from the last group, apparently everyone bailed on him at that boss because they couldn't kill it

Killed the boss in a couple minutes, for the lulz popped CDs after he was weakened did 200kdps and 80% damage on the boss itself for the group.

Asked the guy if dps was better this time around.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"Who uses hands in PvE" Facepalmed so hard when I read that.

Anyways, does anyone know how to use simcraft or other programs to min/max?
80 Dwarf Shaman
I think he/she was meant for a class with passive or nonexistant raid utility where rotation and positional awareness make up the majority of the encounter experience.

Why?

Every tank sucks.

I think the difficulty in tanking lies in the responsibility of situational awareness and knowing how to calmly handle situations when the !@#$ hits the fan. Really, the mental side of the game. The execution is pretty simple, which is probably what most people who say it's easy refer to. I only tank 5 man LFG groups, so my experience is limited to that, but that's my guess.

And that removes me from experiencing any crappy tanks, which I can't complain about.
Edited by Fellurian on 12/7/2012 9:12 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
12/07/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Cupcake
ALL WILL KNEEL BEFORE CUPCAKE!

/cower

Because tanking for LFR is a fairly thankless task, so good guild tanks don't want to, and also there are only two tank slots and 17 DPS slots, so it's usually just as fast to queue as DPS.

I mean I get healing isn't exactly easy, but it boggles my mind that more people usually queue as a healer than as a tank.

I find that for LFR you're more likely to be waiting on the last healer or two than on a tank.

I haven't done much LFR yet (computer issues), but I'm hoping it's better there than it is in Heroic 5 mans.
Tanking for random 5-mans is even worse than for LFR, IMO. I never queue as a tank for either. I did my time as a random tank in Cata, so until I absolutely have to for tanking gear, it ain't happening this time round.

Also, good morning all. Four and a half hours sleep, and I couldn't get back to sleep. As I have to go out and do stuff today and this evening, it could be a long, long day.

I kneel for no cow!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/07/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Cupcake

Moo??
90 Draenei Paladin
The execution is pretty simple, which is probably what most people who say it's easy refer to. I only tank 5 man LFG groups, so my experience is limited to that, but that's my guess.

I'd posit that your experience being limited to 5-mans is a good part of the reason that you think proper tanking execution is simple. To do it correctly, it's just as if not more complicated than any other class role. However, to do it sufficiently in 5-mans is extraordinarily simple, as 5-mans are considerable undertuned.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Referring back to old stuff, sure, but I have an excuse - was out getting my Christmas tree.

12/07/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Clearly her parents need to activate their parental controls.

Better yet, just deactivate her bloody account.

Why?

Every tank sucks.

I mean I'm not saying I'm spectacular, but healers usually claim I'm pretty good when I tank; sometimes better than the last crappy tank that we had (though maybe that's comparing a pile of poo to a pile of poo with a cake on it).

Something goes wrong, tank usually gets blamed - regardless as to whether or not it really is their fault. Some over-achieveing DPS decides to go balls-to-the-wall on pull, preventing tank to get aggro, tank is blamed for not tanking instead of the DPS being blamed for being incompetent.

As to LFR, still about the same, really. Had terrible tanks before on Tsulong that would refuse to taunt off each other when they needed to clear their stacks and aimed the dragon right at the Sunbeam just as it breaths. Of course, the real issue with that happening is the retarded healers and ranged DPS that just blindly stack in the beam and drop Nightmare on half the raid and then wonder why we wipe.

And then they blame the tank for turning breath at the raid. LOL

So funny story

Did random 5 man last night, popped in on the last boss of Gate of the Setting Sun (Giant bug guy)

Healer was still there from the last group, apparently everyone bailed on him at that boss because they couldn't kill it

Killed the boss in a couple minutes, for the lulz popped CDs after he was weakened did 200kdps and 80% damage on the boss itself for the group.

Asked the guy if dps was better this time around.

Love doing stuff like that.

Funny story of my own, actually. LFR Terrace last night, had a Shammy yelling at tanks for above issue and claiming that it's getting him, the top DPS, killed. Funny part was that I was top DPS, having slid just below him on damage on Protectors because I died. Anyway, long story short, I discovered he was Enhance and HoP'ed him on Sha right after he popped Hero, and continued to chain-HoP him the rest of the fight since he kept making a big deal about being teh l33tz0rz.
90 Dwarf Paladin
"Who uses hands in PvE" Facepalmed so hard when I read that.

Anyways, does anyone know how to use simcraft or other programs to min/max?

Whatcha need, Aglaea?
90 Draenei Paladin
Afternoon Libram.

12/07/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
I discovered he was Enhance and HoP'ed him on Sha right after he popped Hero, and continued to chain-HoP him the rest of the fight since he kept making a big deal about being teh l33tz0rz.

You sir are epic and deserve an award for community service.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 12/7/2012 10:57 AM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/07/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
I discovered he was Enhance and HoP'ed him on Sha right after he popped Hero, and continued to chain-HoP him the rest of the fight since he kept making a big deal about being teh l33tz0rz.

It was friggin' hilarious seeing the whiner below all three Rets, a Shadow Priest, a Warlock, and at least one Mage by a pretty insane margin. Do have to give him props for being good, as he did come back up to second even after all that.
90 Human Paladin
12/07/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Cadenbrie

Used to do that all the time on farm nights when two of our dps had competitions with each other.

Although on the Casters we had to Chain DI them. But our sacrifice was worth it.
90 Human Paladin
HoP is my second favorite trolling tool ever as a paladin, the first being Divine Intervention, which was great for getting "WHAT THE !@#$ LESA JUST GOT ONE SHOT BY TRASH" reactions on vent.

Also, ret pvp is the greatest crime since the dawn of time. Am I doing it right?
90 Dwarf Paladin
I miss DI. Such a great way to find terrible Pallies in PuGs. DI'ed a Ret, once, during an ICC25 run and they had no idea what happened. She finally clicked it off in time to facepull the boss as it respawned, wiping the bulk of the raid again.
Gah. Watching Hunters solo rares with complete incompetence and yet no risk of failure is annoying.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]