Open Libram LVIII: Everyday I'm Judging

90 Dwarf Paladin
Gah. Watching Hunters...is annoying.
100 Human Paladin
DI, such a great spell, wish they brought it back in some form, but it was such a broken ability lol
100 Draenei Paladin
12/07/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Used to do that all the time on farm nights when two of our dps had competitions with each other.

I would kill you.

Deeps duels are serious buisness.

/nod

12/07/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
DI, such a great spell, wish they brought it back in some form, but it was such a broken ability lol

Not really, Blizzard was just too lazy to make sure encounter mechanics couldn't be cheesed by it.

They certainly don't have a problem making Divine Shield useless against a lot of things these days, they could have done the same for DI.
90 Dwarf Paladin
I wanted DI back as a brez; think that would've worked well.
100 Human Paladin
12/07/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Grôgnárd

Yea, makes more sense than a DK having it.
100 Draenei Paladin
12/07/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Grôgnárd

It would.

I want Sense Undead back, would make a great minor glyph since most of ours are crap.

Bladed Judgement doesn't work on Polearms and there's no other minor I really want to use. I demand little spears falling from the sky when I Judge!

12/07/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Yea, makes more sense than a DK having it.

Death Knight one makes a good bit of sense really and they actually needed it more then us as far as raid utility goes.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 12/7/2012 11:51 AM PST
100 Human Paladin
12/07/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Death Knight one makes a good bit of sense really and they actually needed it more then us as far as raid utility goes.

How so? They dont bring the dead back to life, they raise them into undeath. Bringing the dead back to life is always more of a Holy thing to do.

They certainly don't have a problem making Divine Shield useless against a lot of things these days, they could have done the same for DI.
Back in LK I think the list of things Divine Shield and Freedom worked on in raids was shorter than the list of things they didn't work on (that they 'should' have).
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Funny story of my own, actually. LFR Terrace last night, had a Shammy yelling at tanks for above issue and claiming that it's getting him, the top DPS, killed. Funny part was that I was top DPS, having slid just below him on damage on Protectors because I died. Anyway, long story short, I discovered he was Enhance and HoP'ed him on Sha right after he popped Hero, and continued to chain-HoP him the rest of the fight since he kept making a big deal about being teh l33tz0rz.

lol. its so much easier to grief melee then it is to grief ranged.

in HoF this week i had a shadowpriest pretty much gripping me off the grand empress on cooldown, he had pretty decent gear and he lost to me in damage pretty badly, i have never ever felt so satisfied when asking someone "mad brah?"

i couldn't do anything dumb like BoPing though since he was ranged. DI wouldn't have been so effective cause i would have been dead too :(
i want an ability to make people immune to magical damage but unable to cast spells like BoP makes you unable to make physical attacks.

12/07/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
I want Sense Undead back, would make a great minor glyph since most of ours are crap.

WHY DID THEY TAKE THIS OUT. OMG. druids got to keep their track humanoids ability, and rogues got their swirly ball back. why can't we have sense undead back? its not like its actually useful these days.
Edited by Vladja on 12/7/2012 1:25 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/07/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
You sir are epic and deserve an award for community service.

Used to do that all the time on farm nights when two of our dps had competitions with each other.

I've actually had to start doing that recently with a warrior in the guild, because charging and pretending he's swifty on the pull seems like a good idea to him... and never notices because there's so many sparkles in melee. I could just use the new salvation, but what fun would that be?

12/07/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Sharrow
Gah. Watching Hunters solo rares with complete incompetence and yet no risk of failure is annoying.

We have a hunter who does that, but thankfully he also frequently dies and then complains when I tell him to sit down and I'll do it for him.

WHY DID THEY TAKE THIS OUT. OMG. druids got to keep their track humanoids ability, and rogues got their swirly ball back. why can't we have sense undead back? its not like its actually useful these days.
It was only useful because of a minor glyph in LK. They could have just removed the damned glyph, which realistically should never have existed in the first place.

Gah. Watching Hunters solo rares with complete incompetence and yet no risk of failure is annoying.

We have a hunter who does that, but thankfully he also frequently dies and then complains when I tell him to sit down and I'll do it for him.
The thing that gripes is that Ret is actually a really good spec for killing them, but you have to pay attention and actually move, interrupt, and stun at the right times. Hunters and Warlocks get to just ignore almost all of the mechanics.

FWIW, Shadow is terrible for killing the Padarens, because Silence is on too long a CD to catch all their heals, and they're immune to fears.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, that hunter has started doing brawlers guild but I haven't seen him say anything in a couple days so I think he might be stuck.

But I mean he fails to kill preeeeeeetty easy world rare spawns.
100 Draenei Paladin
12/07/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Cayse
I've actually had to start doing that recently with a warrior in the guild, because charging and pretending he's swifty on the pull seems like a good idea to him... and never notices because there's so many sparkles in melee. I could just use the new salvation, but what fun would that be?

We have a warrior that loved to yell "BLAAAAAADESTOOOOOOOORM!" out on Mumble, and had a macro yelling that out whenever he used the ability. The raid is typically fairly paladin heavy, which made training him to stop using that macro with well timed bops very easy.

I still have a power aura showing when someone uses bladestorm.

12/07/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Sharrow
The thing that gripes is that Ret is actually a really good spec for killing them, but you have to pay attention and actually move, interrupt, and stun at the right times. Hunters and Warlocks get to just ignore almost all of the mechanics.

As much as warriors love to heroic leap -> charge for the stun cheese in pvp, I rarely see them do it on rares.

I took great satisfaction one day watching Ai-ran the Shifting Cloud wipe a group of three, then proceed to solo him as they watched. Although I did at least explain to the warrior afterwards how to do it, when he whispered me.
90 Tauren Paladin
PS this is my qt druid.
ALL WILL KNEEL BEFORE CUPCAKE!

Femtaurs number one.
100 Draenei Paladin
PS this is my qt druid.
ALL WILL KNEEL BEFORE CUPCAKE!

/looks at own guild name
/handles bridle
Giddie up.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
finally got wow installed, i did a bg and im not seeing this stupid op burst everyone is crying about, it feels almost the same, although im playing really bad, you can tell i havent played in a month lol
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The on-use trinkets were hotfixed today to be not really any different than the proc ones. About half the value they used to be, with a 1 minute cooldown and for a lot of classes that lowers burst a fair bit.
90 Dwarf Paladin
O_O Holy crap, the rabbit sold. I'm rich beyond the dreams of avarice!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
makes sense, is it recomended to spam resil now?

also is anyone else having issues blacklisting bgs?
Edited by Iliriel on 12/7/2012 7:53 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]