Open Libram LVIII: Everyday I'm Judging

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just put a 7k bid down on a Blood Soaked Invitation, I didn't think they could go that low.

Really shouldn't be spending that gold, I better get it back when I'm outbid. <_< I keep hearing horror stories about the BMAH bugging up.

I don't get why you would ever bid on something on the BMAH before 2 or 3min before it's over. You can't be bought out, so there's no reason to jack up the price beforehand.
100 Draenei Paladin
Because I'm not going to sit there or randomly come back just to catch bids at their closing? I don't care that much.

Besides everyone flocks there near the end of the bid and jacks the price up anyway.

Maybe I'll get lucky, most likely I won't, was just a fancy while I was in the area.

There's like 15 of the things up.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 11/30/2012 4:09 PM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
11/30/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Maybe I'll get lucky

Only if you do SSC with me ..
<.<
>.>
100 Draenei Paladin
For any of you who may dabble in Prot, I have yet to Tank this expansion, how bad of a hit is the bugged Holy Wrath to their threat?

Only if you do SSC with me ..
<.<
>.>

Amg too many other things to do right noaw! Getting my Prot set going, getting my PVP set going, finally leveling one of my alts, pets.......so many pets.

And SSC is traumatizing, but I shall eventually, you seem like a rabbits foot for the place or something.

Or a lucky goats hoof. <_<
100 Draenei Paladin
Don't make me go back and get a 3rd set of booties! ;)
80 Dwarf Shaman
For any of you who may dabble in Prot, I have yet to Tank this expansion, how bad of a hit is the bugged Holy Wrath to their threat?

Just my limited 5-man experience here:

For packs with 3 or more mobs, I think it actually helps. It used to do about 20-25k damage for me single target, and have that damage split equally if I was tanking multiple mobs. Now, it seems to be doing about 8k to everyone equally, which ends up being more dps for larger packs. Stray mobs in trash packs are really the only place I've ever been worried about threat. I haven't had a boss fight where threat was an issue, so the single target threat loss wasn't too significant for me.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Hotfixes went up last night to a number of older bosses to make them easier to solo, including Viscidus and C'Thun!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Time to go visit some old friends, I guess.

11/30/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

I had an example of last week and this week's Elegon kill. Lemme go grab it.

Edit: Here we go.

Last week:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-we95tekncjxumy3t/details/9/?s=10425&e=10870

This week:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0c9jk382d992q2c5/details/9/?s=10797&e=11237

Goes from 2,498,869 with 42 hits averaging 52.8k to 638,729 with 34 hits averaging 15.7k.

To answer the question, it doesn't really hurt it all that much. It's just a fairly good chunk of damage that goes missing that is the kicker. I held mobs and bosses just fine with it hitting like a wet noodle. To be honest, I didn't notice it until I went back and looked at the log of this week's Elegon kill.
Edited by Kaitelynn on 11/30/2012 4:55 PM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
11/30/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Cayse
Hotfixes went up last night to a number of older bosses to make them easier to solo, including Viscidus and C'Thun!

They should make Razorgore even easier, I'm lazy. <_<

Come to think of it, this is the final death blow to any last chugging level 60 Vanilla guilds. That's kinda sad.

11/30/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Fellurian
Just my limited 5-man experience here:

11/30/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Kaitelynn
I had an example of last week and this week's Elegon kill. Lemme go grab it.

Thanks guys, our rather horrible Prot Paladin was whining about threat the other day and I just wanted to see if there was any merit to his complaint for once.

I swear if we didn't play his character for him I don't know what we'd do.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There is, and isn't, merit to his complaint. Yes, Holy Wrath was bugged and not doing as much damage (and thus threat). But it's our lowest priority spell even when it is working properly for a reason.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Is Holy Wrath still bugged for Prot? If so, and I find myself in need of a new major glyph, does Bastion make Harsh Words more powerful as Prot? 'Cause that'd be pretty hilarious.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Went running today, and for some reason, half the lights in the neighborhood are out. Chunk of sidewalk concrete was jutting 5 inches up from the ground...and WHUMP.

Lacerated my leg, but nothing too bad other than that. Still. OWWWWWWWW.

(Wtb heal irl)
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll be honest, I don't know how hard Word of Glory hits for when directed at a boss with the Harsh Words glyph as prot. I just haven't toyed with it at all. So I don't know if the damage is affected by Bastion of Glory. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it probably doesn't. I'll log in later tonight and test if I remember (where's my Post-It's?).

That said, Ghostcrawler on Holy Wrath:

https://twitter.com/KihraOfTemerity/status/274600161655808000

They have a fix, but not sure if it's in yet or not. Guess I'll test that, too.

11/30/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Jackishi
(Wtb heal irl)

Stop standing in bad stuff! ;P
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Come to think of it, this is the final death blow to any last chugging level 60 Vanilla guilds. That's kinda sad.

They all either fully twink from top end vanilla gear or socketed BC gear, depending on the guilds. Between the gear and current character design all the old raids were pretty trivial to those people already, they really weren't doing it for the challenge.
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/30/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Kaitelynn
(Wtb heal irl)

Stop standing in bad stuff! ;P

LOL
100 Draenei Paladin
Well Naxx hates me, an hour spent running around the place and no pets. :(

They really should just make all the short cuts in there be open by default.
100 Draenei Paladin
Well I didn't win it, already got my gold back. There are about 10-15 of them up there, none were more then 20k from what I saw.

I despise the idea of having to use gold to buy into content to begin with, so by all means they can spam the BMAH with them until they're worthless for all I care.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 11/30/2012 6:29 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
They sit about 20-25k until they start getting into Medium.. then rapid rise.
100 Draenei Paladin
Strange....

I now seem to have every Horde counterpart mount to my Alliance mounts. For example my little baby Blood Knight has the Horde Motorcycle and the Horde version of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth. I also have the Venomhide Raptor counterpoint to my Winterspring Frostsaber.

Seems to work with all achievement mounts and faction specific versions of mounts. Doesn't work with Argent Tourney mounts and the like.

It didn't do this before, odd.

200 Mount achieve now plox.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 11/30/2012 6:54 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]