Why Thrall should die.

100 Night Elf Rogue
Because you already know Thrall will lead you to ruin, like he's already done.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/30/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Roastbeef
No its not ok. Which is one of the reasons why we will kick Garroshes ases out of orgrimmar soon. And Thrall goes help the trolls as soon as he knows this.

Garrosh in charge was Thralls idea. Bloods on his hands but no one wants to blame him for it cuz thralls so speshul.

11/30/2012 04:45 AMPosted by Waylord
Well..maybe its time horde had a child warchief for an expansion or two like alliance did. Thrall has a son right?

A newborn unless Aggra didn't give birth yet. I doubt a crib in the warchiefs room can do much
100 Human Paladin
I doubt a crib in the warchiefs room can do much

Why not? it worked for alliance, though, he wasnt a baby, but just as useless
71 Pandaren Monk

Who said we'll be "saved" by Thrall? I think the point here is that we'll be saving ourselves, by and large. With a Hitlerian madman in charge, our factions are starting to peel away are the Alliance is starting to take a look at us. We must either unite against him on our own or fail and disappear.

People like you fail to see the larger picture.

Not at all. I see the larger picture as one in which the Horde is starting to crumble and question itself, why they're together in the first place, what they stand to achieve by remaining together.

They need to answer these questions for themselves. They need to realize why they're the Horde. They can't do that with Thrall.

We don't have Thrall at the moment, and we might not have Thrall in the end. The journey to the end of the expac is going to be a long one, and the question and answer process is already proving enlightening.

Unlike a lot of people, I actually read both the Twilight of the Aspects and the Tides of War books, so perhaps I don't see Thrall as a messiah figure because I know that the claims about him that people make here on the forums are incorrect, lore-wise. It was not communicated ion-game very well, unfortunately, but his time with the Aspects was not about becoming one of them -- it was about confronting his own mortality, the fact that he does indeed make grievous mistakes (Garrosh being big mistake one), and figuring out how to be able to make use of his abilities best.

The characters and story of this game are delightfully well-rounded and complex considering the genre, which is in fact the main reason that I play it. but people like you insist on seeing things as paper dolls, as black and white, no matter what happens.

I don't know if Thrall is coming back as warchief and I am not really invested in it either way. I just like the direction they're taking this story and I think I am going to enjoy the outcome no matter what they decide to do. And in fact, if it pisses people like yourself off so much, then maybe I will get invested inThrall coming back. Maybe I will, after all.
85 Orc Shaman

Not at all. I see the larger picture as one in which the Horde is starting to crumble and question itself, why they're together in the first place, what they stand to achieve by remaining together.

They need to answer these questions for themselves. They need to realize why they're the Horde. They can't do that with Thrall.

Where do you get all this non-sense from?

Of course they can do that with Thrall. they all knew why they were in the horde with Thrall, and because they know that is because the horde hasnt broke.

The reason why Baine and Vol'jin havent taken their factions away from the horde is BECAUSE they know why they are there, they know that Garrosh stupid leadership is not what the true horde is about.

Stop trying to imply Thrall is a stepping stone in the story, he isnt. He is the best thing that happened to WoW storytelling. He is one of the reasons why WoW story is so epic, he and others like Illidan, Varian, Malfurion etc.
100 Night Elf Rogue
I'm not going to talk to you if you keep throwing around phrases like "people like you."
85 Orc Shaman
11/30/2012 04:48 AMPosted by Enekie
Because you already know Thrall will lead you to ruin, like he's already done.

What?

Lead us to ruin?

He took a band of enslaved refugees and turn it into one of the two biggest factions in Azeroth.....
Edited by Gromahk on 11/30/2012 4:53 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/30/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Gromahk
Stop trying to imply Thrall is a stepping stone in the story, he isnt. He is the best thing that happened to WoW storytelling. He is one of the reasons why WoW story is so epic, he and others like Illidan, Varian, Malfurion etc.

Stretching it a bit far aren't you?

Illidan: LULYOURENOTPREPARED
Varian: *does nothing in his throne room for majority of an expansion*
Malfurion: Hush Tyrande

Odd the fan favorite characters tend to suck
71 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Enekie
I'm not going to talk to you if you keep throwing around phrases like "people like you."

You don't have an answer to any of my points then, which I knew you would not. :D Have a good day.
90 Tauren Druid
11/30/2012 04:48 AMPosted by Rosenivy
No its not ok. Which is one of the reasons why we will kick Garroshes ases out of orgrimmar soon. And Thrall goes help the trolls as soon as he knows this.

Garrosh in charge was Thralls idea. Bloods on his hands but no one wants to blame him for it cuz thralls so speshul.

Yes, Thrall amde a mistake of leaving Garrosh in charge, that doesnt make him a bad leader. He is still our greatest leader, who just happened to make some mistakes. We are ok with that.
100 Night Elf Rogue
11/30/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Jiangjin

You don't have an answer to any of my points then, which I knew you would not. :D Have a good day.

I just don't feel that you should be rewarded with discussion if you can't be civil. Please amend your tone and we may speak further.
100 Night Elf Rogue
11/30/2012 04:55 AMPosted by Roastbeef

Yes, Thrall amde a mistake of leaving Garrosh in charge, that doesnt make him a bad leader. He is still our greatest leader, who just happened to make some mistakes. We are ok with that.

Yes, it does.

He put a murderer in charge and then sat back and let him kill thousands while abandoning you to become Garrosh's slaves.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/30/2012 04:55 AMPosted by Roastbeef

You keep saying we.
85 Orc Shaman
11/30/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Rosenivy

Stretching it a bit far aren't you?

Illidan: LULYOURENOTPREPARED
Varian: *does nothing in his throne room for majority of an expansion*
Malfurion: Hush Tyrande

Odd the fan favorite characters tend to suck

Some of us played W3, read the books and comics, read the quest text and listen to what NPC say at scenarios.

Yes, Illidan, Varian and Malfurion are epic WoW characters that made WoW story epic, even when they cant get much action in game because of how the game is built.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I gotta give him some credit for his accomplishments and dedication in rebuilding the Horde. Lets be honest the Horde wouldnt even exist without him.

But yes it true Thrall has indeed made some boneheaded decision.

Hes pretty much become like the Andy Reid of the Horde, imo. Ofcourse not physically :)

Hes been here too long, has made several bad decisions and hardly anybody wants to be associated with him.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/30/2012 04:59 AMPosted by Gromahk
Some of us played W3, read the books and comics, read the quest text and listen to what NPC say at scenarios.

So a person expresses the same opinions after doing all that? Opinions don't work that way.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Enekie:

Your thesis is quite remarkable. I don't necessarily buy into all of it, but I really enjoyed reading your post. Well-written, arguments supported by the lore, and it made complete sense (if you buy into the premise 100%).

After 8 years of being Metzened, I think the final solution will be a lot more in line with pther story lines that are occurring right now Alliance side.

Thrall will NOT be the saviour of the Horde even though you nailed him as the 'Green Messiah'.

Much like we are witnessing Alliance side with the Varian/Anduin arc, the real saviour of the horde, the real green messiah isn't Thrall. It's his daughter. And you know what, I bet no one is expecting THAT and so the Blue prophecy may indeed be correct.

A son would be too hokey and cliche'.. but a daughter would provide endless conflict and some really interesting twists on Horde culture and tradition.

Remember, you heard it here first...:)
100 Night Elf Rogue
Enekie:

Your thesis is quite remarkable. I don't necessarily buy into all of it, but I really enjoyed reading your post. Well-written, arguments supported by the lore, and it made complete sense (if you buy into the premise 100%).

After 8 years of being Metzened, I think the final solution will be a lot more in line with pther story lines that are occurring right now Alliance side.

Thrall will NOT be the saviour of the Horde even though you nailed him as the 'Green Messiah'.

Much like we are witnessing Alliance side with the Varian/Anduin arc, the real saviour of the horde, the real green messiah isn't Thrall. It's his daughter. And you know what, I bet no one is expecting THAT and so the Blue prophecy may indeed be correct.

A son would be too hokey and cliche'.. but a daughter would provide endless conflict and some really interesting twists on Horde culture and tradition.

Remember, you heard it here first...:)

I'd hope that the new Warchief would be someone we actually heard of. A daughter out of nowhere would make absolutely no sense.
83 Dwarf Warrior
Can't wait to raid Orgrimmar and overthrow Garrosh. We should all, Alliance and Horde strive to end his miserable life after what he did to Cairne. I will personally give Baine my axe so he can separate head from body.

Vol'jin for Warchief !

Edit: As for Thrall, well he deserves a rest. Let him retire as an aspect and raise his children so that they can enter the story in a future tale.
Edited by Astaldo on 11/30/2012 5:07 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/30/2012 05:01 AMPosted by Grayarrow

I'm getting Lion King 2 flashbacks.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]