Blizzard trying to discourage lfr?

100 Blood Elf Mage
With the most recent changes to how lfr is, it seems that blizzard is trying to discourage how much it's used for gear. At the beginning of mop they said that lfr was intended for casuals to see the content, though obviously it was used for much more than that. With the recent change that forbids players from actually going in to runs they want to go in, do you think Blizzard is trying to discourage lfr use by making it so you have no idea if the bosses you came for are up? I could see the logic in it.
90 Pandaren Monk
Well lets look at it this way. If you bailed on your guild raid because you didn't need any of the items the last 2 bosses dropped, you wouldn't be raiding for long...
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
No. They are not trying to discourage people from LFR.

They want people in there, raiding, doing the content - and playing.
100 Orc Hunter
if you bailed on your guild raid because you didn't need any of the items the last 2 bosses dropped, you wouldn't be raiding with a guild for long...
Edited by Zaxan on 11/30/2012 12:59 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Mage
11/30/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Shiyanming
Well lets look at it this way. If you bailed on your guild raid because you didn't need any of the items the last 2 bosses dropped, you wouldn't be raiding for long...

Oh, you've never left an lfd group early? I'm not Santa Claus. I don't queue for lfr just to get other people loot. Why are people to be expected to do that?
Edited by Whàles on 11/30/2012 12:59 PM PST
100 Human Warrior
The only issue I have is the Window being Blocked by my Gold Coin Roll. Let me explain, Before 5.1 hit, I did LFR more then once a week for each part that had a boss with a Piece of Gear that I wanted. The first kill of the week was the formality. Now that I got my first week Kill, I would return and Kill that boss again. Since this was the second kill, I got a box saying
"Loot you are not eligible for" and If I see that box have an Item I wanted, that's when I would waste one of my Gold Coins in hope of getting it. Now apparently, i can't do that anymore.
100 Blood Elf Mage
A system like this is just going to encourage people afking more to work within the system.
100 Orc Hunter
11/30/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Whàles

Oh, you've never left an lfd group early? I'm not Santa Claus. I don't queue for lfr just to get other people loot. Why are people to be expected to do that?
raiding requires other ppl in order to get what you want - if no one helps each other, then no one is going to be able to get what they want
90 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Whàles

Nope I finish what I start or I dont queue. How about you stop being a jerk and help out.

The time it takes you to re-queue probably isnt all that much shorter then just finishing the LFR.
100 Blood Elf Mage
11/30/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Zaxan

raiding requires other ppl in order to get what you want - if no one helps each other, then no one is going to be able to get what they want

If there's no possibility for someone to get what they want, they have little incentive to help others. This is not true in guilds because there are people that actually speak your language and have anything to do with you. Lfr if filled with peopled who are there to get theirs and theirs alone. It's only a group setting in the amount of people involved. People run lfr for personal reasons and if you're taking those reasons away, it's discouraging running lfr for those reasons. The only reason is gear.
90 Night Elf Druid
A wise man one said "the needs of the many are greater than the needs of the few". 24 other people aren't there for your enjoyment.
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/30/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Whàles
A system like this is just going to encourage people afking more to work within the system.
if you afk on a boss you dont need in order to get to the boss you do need, i usually tell the group to kick you for being afk or for just standing still during the fight.
100 Blood Elf Mage
11/30/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Shiyanming

Nope I finish what I start or I dont queue. How about you stop being a jerk and help out.

The time it takes you to re-queue probably isnt all that much shorter then just finishing the LFR.

50 minutes is muc

11/30/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Shiyanming

You're saying people should run lfr all day just to help people they'll never see again?
90 Blood Elf Priest

That works both ways the people playing badly should find ways to improve rather then saying I'll play like I want and expect others to make up for it.
100 Gnome Warlock

LFR is raiding in name only. Comparing LFR to the social pressures and interactions that exist amongst/between a long standing and established raid group is borderline trolling.

11/30/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Sadiemay
A wise man one said "the needs of the many are greater than the needs of the few". 24 other people aren't there for your enjoyment.

And I shouldn't be expected to be there for theirs.
Edited by Bomdanil on 11/30/2012 1:10 PM PST
100 Troll Hunter

You don't get money to pay for repairs from killing the boss a 2nd time (I burn through about 30 pts of durability just in HoR, no wipes, on my weapon), let alone paying for wipes because it is LFR

You already killed the boss that week.

How about instead of tricking players into wasted time, make an incentive for killing the boss multiple times. And no, valor at the end isn't an incentive, otherwise people would already do it.

IMO, just let the money bag drop, and the money bag only, drop, and maybe have it be a different bag, with chances at items similar to the 5-man bribe bag.
100 Blood Elf Mage
11/30/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Sadiemay

Then why should you be there for the enjoyment of the 24?

But I already see this isn't going anywhere and people are just going to have to deal with it.

More tv for me I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem watching an extra few hours of tv a week, I just don't think a system like this will encourage improvement. Improvement requires incentive, taking incentive away will lead to nothing.
Edited by Whàles on 11/30/2012 1:12 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
11/30/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Whàles
More tv for me I guess.

Solid plan.
100 Blood Elf Mage
11/30/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Sadiemay
More tv for me I guess.

Solid plan.

It's the measures people have to take to work within the system.
100 Orc Hunter
11/30/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Verdash
valor at the end isn't an incentive
it is as long as ppl need valor, however i cap my valor every tuesday at this point... so the rest of the week i dont need valor
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]