Blizzard trying to discourage lfr?

100 Orc Hunter

use your unlimited time to form your own groups then - the rest of us queuing do care about queue times

I can make my own lfr group? I would gladly do that! Please tell me how!
/trade LFM for LFR *insert raid name here*

/who *insert name of class here*

/whisper *insert name of player here* hey LFM for LFR *insert name of raid here* want to join?

when its a full raid group, queue up
Edited by Zaxan on 11/30/2012 1:35 PM PST
94 Gnome Warlock
11/30/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Zaxan
nope - you can wipe as many runs as you want - that does NOT make room for a FRESH instance to be created when instance creation is CAPPED

It means I get to leave and rejoin the queue while doing something that actually matters/benefits me in some fashion. I'd rather do dailies than be expected to carry people through the same boss fight 2+ times a week before Blizzard deems me worthy of being allowed to get my run started.
100 Blood Elf Mage

And I shouldn't be expected to be there for theirs.

If you're joining the raid, you are expected to be there for theirs. If you're not, you get kicked, because you're not a team player & don't deserve the raid spot.

In order for expectations to exist, there has to be people holding those expectations. A group of 25 people that rarely speak the same language or even talk to eachother isn't going to have that expectation. Lfr is a different atmosphere compared to normal raiding.
100 Orc Hunter
11/30/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Bomdanil
I get to leave and rejoin the queue
which makes EVERYONE, including you, wait longer to raid...as i said, the FASTEST way for everyone to raid via LFR is to finish what you are given so you can get a FRESH instance after you help keep instances from bottlenecking
Edited by Zaxan on 11/30/2012 1:38 PM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
nope - you can wipe as many runs as you want - that does NOT make room for a FRESH instance to be created when instance creation is CAPPED

It means I get to leave and rejoin the queue while doing something that actually matters/benefits me in some fashion. I'd rather do dailies than be expected to carry people through the same boss fight 2+ times a week before Blizzard deems me worthy of being allowed to get my run started.

Shrug in all my time running LFR on multiple characters I have yet to see this odd phenomenon where people claim they are continually getting partial queues. If it's a fresh week just finish the partial queue, then requeue chances are you'll get a fresh run kill the bosses you missed then drop.

There we go no killing the same boss multiple times.
100 Blood Elf Mage

I can make my own lfr group? I would gladly do that! Please tell me how!
/trade LFM for LFR *insert raid name here*

/who *insert name of class here*

/whisper *insert name of player here* hey LFM for LFR *insert name of raid here* want to join?

when its a full raid group, queue up

This is a problem that has been solved. Thanks.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Actually it is just my time. Who's elses time is it if not mine?

It's everybody's time you are not the only person in the game. Blizzard does not cater to the needs of one person. While in essence it is just your time, it is not the second you queue for anything that requires a group. At that point it become about the group not just you. It is conceited to say that it is just your time when you are in LFR, because everybody else is using their personal time for the same thing. If you want everything to be done on your time right when you want it, then go play a single player game.
Edited by Aqularia on 11/30/2012 1:44 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't get exactly what I want, thus Blizzard personally hates me.

Or maybe I ascribe far too much importance to my own existence and they'd like me to finish the runs I agree to, idk. bloobloobloo
90 Goblin Shaman
11/30/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Whàles
With the most recent changes to how lfr is, it seems that blizzard is trying to discourage how much it's used for gear.

If you created something that attracted multitudes of idiots, and singlehandedly became the cause of more idiocy than the game has seen in it's YEARS of existence... wouldn't you shove it under a rug?

ya, me too
94 Gnome Warlock
11/30/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Zaxan
which makes EVERYONE, including you, wait longer to raid

I'd rather do dailies than be expected to carry people through the same boss fight 2+ times a week before Blizzard deems me worthy of being allowed to get my run started.

See that quote? It means I'm ok with waiting for a fresh queue since I can go be productive with things I need/want to do in the mean time.

11/30/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Aqularia
It is conceited to say that it is just your time when you are in LFR, because everybody else is using their personal time for the same thing.

Except I'm not in LFR when I'm in the queue waiting to get a clean run. I'm out in the world doing things to prepare for raid and/or working on collecting various trinkets and baubles.
85 Tauren Druid
This change has upset me greatly. Hybrid classes are going to get the biggest irritation with this and its because of the loot system. This doesnt really apply as much to the pure dps classes.
Ever since this was implemented hybrids have to at times queue as an os for certain bosses, i have run the raidfinder bosses and have no concern for the valor i do 1 heroic a day and enough daily quests to never need lfr or a raid to hit valor cap for any given week. So now when im trying to gear up my prot paladin control/haste strategy i needed to queue as ret to allow me to be eligible for certain pieces of gear from some bosses. i would do that boss then immediately requeue as my main-spec. ie Waistplate of Overwhelming Assault only falls under a ret drop and its itemized very well for a haste>mastery focused prot paladin. Im sure the same will come when i start to level up and play this char or my priest and that spirit=hit means ill be the baddie healer in shadow gear. I promise im not going to get saved to a boss in the wrong spec and will promptly leave a group if im not in an optimal chance to get what im looking for out of my time.
Only 2 or 3 solutions for this dilemma, this would be
1) Let the hybrids queue as both and have it so that changing specs also will change loot tables.
2) Give an option of pass so you arent saved to bosses and can run them through a 2nd time in the spec you prefer loot from on that boss.
3) make the save for loot spec based.
Sure that 3rd tank is going to be bad on the dps chart and that healer that needed to go dps so they can find some other randomly better itemized drop is limited to their other spec may cause the raid to wipe and they be kicked for not healing, and that tank that got picked for tanking will surely cause issues by going DPS pre-pull but at least then they dont have to stare at 30 minutes of deserter right?
I'd gladly run through lfr 2x heck maybe even 3x on my paladin if the save was spec based. Let me run it as ret, prot, and holy then you'll see more people interested in completing an lfr. I know its not perfect and there will always be a loophole in it somewhere but the current status of it really doesnt appeal to me.
100 Orc Hunter
11/30/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Bomdanil
I'm ok with waiting for a fresh queue
you will be waiting 30mins to get into the queue after a wipe (yes, blues have confirmed that wiping does not prevent a deserter buff in LFR) and you wont be getting a fresh queue unless OTHER players have already helped finish up the 2/6 instances that are bottlenecking fresh queues from being created...

and if you dont care how long it takes for you to get a group, forming your own raid group before you queue for a LFR will ensure you get a fresh run everytime you queue without causing everyone in the queues to wait longer because of you...
Edited by Zaxan on 11/30/2012 2:20 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]