Elegon and 5.1

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I specifically ignored ReM because you should be casting it on cooldown regardless of what else you're doing.

Ignoring ReM for either style would provide incredibly flawed numbers. You have to account for the mana usage and chi generation, even if you choose to ignore the actual healing it does. If you spent the chi the exact same way for both, only then could you ignore it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
For whatever this is worth now that this is mostly a theorycrafting CJL vs SZ/Jab/BoK fistweaving, we did get the Elegon kill using the CJL method.

P1: I stood in the range pile and CJL eminence'd there, while my statue stayed by the boss tank. From there, I could always accurately Chi Burst nearly all the dps, and EM the Elegon tank for reliable topping off before explosions. RM out on cooldown of course. Back to CJL to bring raid up slowly between adds.

P2: Jade statue halfway up platform (reaching both sides of adds and the dps on them) when they spawn, stand between the 2 least sturdy dps. CJL and RM to build chi, uplift to spend chi. Possible revive if adds get nasty.

P3: Statue on dps, stand on dps, CJL, Chi Burst, RM, Xuen, violent cursing, bargains with whatever deities might be watching, etc.

Ended on fumes, but we got it.

Haha, nice!

Thanks to everyone that contributed to the discussion, it was quite helpful reading some thoughtful, well-informed viewpoints. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't heal it very often, but seriously... keep renewing mist on both tank, jab the big add and keep using uplift, use spinning crane kick to top off the ranged/healers prior to an explosion and win.

Really that simple. Most annoying part was P2 because you can't hit anything, I realized after the kill that the most logical thing was to go hit the boss as soon as the orbs spawn and get out once they died to reset stacks.. never had to heal it again but that's what I'd do.

In phase 3, it's pretty much jab/jab uplift.. with Thunder Focus Tea up.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Daerien and Rakachu, thank you so much for providing info on this post.

My 10 man raid has been tackling Elegon since the 5.1 update, and raid members have been complaining on my healing output on this fight in comparison to other monks that have done pre-5.1 . The other healer in our 10 man is a disc priest, and he keeps out healing me by like 5M. I keep battling with if I should in essence do melee dps heals or range dps heals, and this pretty much answers that. LFR is very misleading because I beat out all the healers by 5M, and now I'm coming up short in the regular 10 man scenario.

The mana cost to SCK pretty much iterates that I need to drop the RJW talent and replace it with Xuen and utilize it well. The overall healing for SCK feels OP, but the mana cost is absolutely horrid, with the exception of fights where we get crazy mana regen like Gara'jal the Spiritbinder.

Tomorrow is round 2 of our tackle against Elegon, and I'm hoping that these suggestions will prove useful for me because I'm feeling very frustrated with the changes in 5.1 .
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/06/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Bipplicious
Thanks to everyone that contributed to the discussion, it was quite helpful reading some thoughtful, well-informed viewpoints. :)

12/12/2012 10:06 PMPosted by Kumakichee
Daerien and Rakachu, thank you so much for providing info on this post.

I hate math, i manned up and read the whole thing. Good read, I am now a better mistweaver monk. Thank you SO MUCH.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]