Druid or Pally tank

85 Night Elf Druid
that is the question.

i have both at 85 and have no idea what one to lvl first...

what do you folks like/dislike about ya pallys/druids?

what one is best for solo aoe farming?
Reply Quote
I personally leveled as guardian for my druid and I loved every minute of it. When I was doing the MoP Beta, I chose my current spec, balance, and I felt like I was drinking to restore HP and Mana after almost every pull. Then when I did it as guardian, I could pull multiple mobs at a time take very little damage, it was awesome. And then to top it off insta quest for dungeons when I got bored of questing.

I would personally go with whichever class you enjoy the most to level. But druids at least on my server aren't around every area, unlike paladins you see them everywhere, so many blood elf paladins!

Go for uniqueness!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Druids have always seemed rather basic compared to any of the other tanks, at least to me, so if that's something you like, go Druid.

Paladins are relatively basic as well, but they have a LOT of utility in their ability to raid heal/Hand spells which does give you a lot to think about at any given moment of an encounter. I've been tanking on mine for years and am only now really getting the hang of using Hands on raid members on the fly (e.g. not when its called out for in a cd rotation to cheese mechanics or something). In that regard, Vuhdo makes my life worlds easier and I would recommend it to any prot paladin, or equivalent if they're already comfortable with a click-to-cast raidframes setup.

I would say Druids would probably annihilate any prot paladin in solo AoE farm due to Berserk primarily. Paladin AoE is pretty lackluster without significant Vengeance, which you just don't get from quest/normal mobs.
Edited by Darpalta on 12/4/2012 6:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I have had a paladin main for cata and wrath, and played druid also for both, but for mop I feel like paladin tanks are clunky (Might be due to my new main being a monk tank which is flashy and fun), paladins just seem slow...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Darpalta
Druids have always seemed rather basic compared to any of the other tanks, at least to me, so if that's something you like, go Druid.

"Have always seemed" doesn't work in an expansion when most of their mechanics were changed but it's true we have always been the most passive in mitigation. In MOP we get a combo of activating a dodge buff and self heals, I think it's enough to keep it interesting, especially since we still have a bazillion dmg buttons and a lot of OH CRAP cooldowns. I think pallies have better aoe though.

12/04/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Razorwulf
paladins just seem slow...

That could be because they have no charge, so you have to wait for the running time, or yes the energy and rage tanks do seem to feel faster.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]