Heroic Throw

90 Human Warrior
What are they going to do with this ability now that Gag Order is removed?

30 second cooldown for a 50% weapon damage?

Completely useless for Arms and Fury.

They should put an 8 second root on it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
SEEMS LEGIT
Reply Quote
You're forgetting it's still very useful for PvE
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/02/2012 07:08 AMPosted by Ex
Actually, what they should do is attach a chain to said weapon throw that pulls the target to you, as well as increasing it to 200% weapon damage.

But then everyone would macro it to /y GET OVER HERE!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I dunno, i seem to use it a lot to stop someone going stealth if they're at range and i can't close the gap.. Or to keep them in combat to stop mounting up..

This mainly applies for random bgs, but still
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
What are they going to do with this ability now that Gag Order is removed?

30 second cooldown for a 50% weapon damage?

Completely useless for Arms and Fury.

They should put an 8 second root on it.

Actually, what they should do is attach a chain to said weapon throw that pulls the target to you, as well as increasing it to 200% weapon damage.

Because that's just what the devs are going to do. Give Warriors another gap closer. Remember last time that happened?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/02/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Flinch
You're forgetting it's still very useful for PvE

Eh... Pretty sure it's only good for trash mobs in PvE and easily done without.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
For tanking I use it with my taunt macro:

#showtooltip Taunt
/cast Taunt
/cast Heroic Throw
/cast Throw

Only when Taunt is on CD, saves me an extra keybinding.... Otherwise, I can't see it being useful at all except to keep the occasional healer from drinking.
Reply Quote
Yall r bad, thinking of too much useless !@#$, to give people a reason to %^-*! about us, your ideas r terrible.

I agree heroic throw is useless now. MY idea is this, bring the silence back with 2 seconds, but only if used outside melee range, inside melee range, should dispel a magic effect, or a .5 second stun. das it, otherwise id rather it remain useless.
Reply Quote

#showtooltip Taunt
/cast Taunt
/cast Heroic Throw
/cast Throw

Only when Taunt is on CD, saves me an extra keybinding.... Otherwise, I can't see it being useful at all except to keep the occasional healer from drinking.

a taunt macro, scrub. I just taunt. tab, heroic throw, tab, charge, and aggro the whole room, then thunderclap like a pro. what are you, making sure u have aggro on all 3 mobs when u pull? bish, learn to lead !@#$, ur the tank. u dont need a taunt macro. u just run in there, taunt once, charge and leap to everything else, if you cant bind those seperately, then you shouldnt be a warrior. the only macros a warrior should use imo...

Die by the sword/Demo banner/Shieldwall

Rallying cry/Fear

oneshot.

piercinghowl/Leap

DAS IT STOP BEING A TERRIBLE WARRIOR AND LEARN TO PRESS MORE THAN 3 buttons.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Having a ranged ability to pull trash with is very handy in PvE.

Having a ranged ability to stop mounts/stealths is very handy in PvP.

Regular ol' Throw is kind of !@#$house. There's a reason they gave Rogues Shuriken Toss.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Since all it does is damage now in pvp they should atleast increase the damage done to 100% if not a little more so that it has something over stormbolt
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

#showtooltip Taunt
/cast Taunt
/cast Heroic Throw
/cast Throw

If that works, it looks like a good idea.

Yall r bad, thinking of too much useless !@#$, to give people a reason to %^-*! about us, your ideas r terrible.

I agree heroic throw is useless now. MY idea is this, bring the silence back with 2 seconds, but only if used outside melee range, inside melee range, should dispel a magic effect, or a .5 second stun. das it, otherwise id rather it remain useless.

This is !@#$ing horrible! They took silence away from the throw because they felt that if a caster got away from the warrior they should be able to get a cast off. I agree with their thinking on that. A .5 second stun would do absolutely nothing but mess up Shockwave and Storm Bolt's diminishing returns. That is a moronic idea.

They should put an 8 second root on it that way casters can still cast.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

#showtooltip Taunt
/cast Taunt
/cast Heroic Throw
/cast Throw

a taunt macro, scrub. I just taunt. tab, heroic throw, tab, charge, and aggro the whole room, then thunderclap like a pro. what are you, making sure u have aggro on all 3 mobs when u pull? bish, learn to lead !@#$, ur the tank. u dont need a taunt macro. u just run in there, taunt once, charge and leap to everything else, if you cant bind those seperately, then you shouldnt be a warrior. the only macros a warrior should use imo...

Die by the sword/Demo banner/Shieldwall

Rallying cry/Fear

oneshot.

piercinghowl/Leap

DAS IT STOP BEING A TERRIBLE WARRIOR AND LEARN TO PRESS MORE THAN 3 buttons.

If you macro: Piercing Howl and Heroic Leap together you are the worst warrior ever. Even if a player who has never heard of World of Warcract started playing a Warrior he would be better than you.

Rallying Cry and Intimidating Shout? LOL

All your macros are the worst...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/02/2012 07:08 AMPosted by Ex
Heroic Throw becomes Heroic Pull!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/03/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Wedge
Heroic Throw becomes Heroic Pull!

Too much like Death Grip.

Make it root the target for 8 seconds.

Tooltip can read: You throw your weapon at the target causing 100% weapon damage and impaling him to the ground for 8 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The only reason I'll ever use heroic throw in a pve situation is in an empty GCD while not having enough rage or pooling rage for an upcoming CS.

In PvP however it is now reduced to hilarious kills when they are sub 5k health with me in a root thinking they're in the all clear then BAM they're dead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]