Heroic Throw

I still use Heroic Throw on casters just to see if I can make them think they are silenced and not cast anything for 3 seconds. Sometimes it works.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It is funny that there is nothing really Heroic about Heroic Throw... They should rename it:

Wet Noodle
10 yrd ranage (30 yd range if al dente)
Instant 30 sec cooldown
Requires Unidentified Cooking Utensil
Throws a wet noodle at the enemy, causing sad debuff (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=58496).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It is funny that there is nothing really Heroic about Heroic Throw... They should rename it:

Wet Noodle
Instant 30 sec cooldown
Throws a wet noodle at the enemy, causing sad debuff (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=58496).

Thumbs up!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Wet Noodle
Instant 30 sec cooldown

so much win!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
And to think Heroic Throw actually used to do decent damage at one point. Mists just ruined it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Warriors are fine.... if you start taking to much damage go defensive stance, if you can't stay on a target you're either doing it wrong or don't have a healer, not doing enough damage? Get some more gear. Warriors still have a silence it just replaces out howl which you should only use in bg's for the majority, in arena the silence shout is priceless, warriors that had triple silence was causing healers to sit their and tear out their eyeballs and as much as it was funny it needed to be removed, the removal of the avatar freedom was a bit overkill removing it entirely, making it like the paladin freedom would have been better but it was understandable.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
12/04/2012 04:53 AMPosted by Metalfist
Warriors are fine.... if you start taking to much damage go defensive stance, if you can't stay on a target you're either doing it wrong or don't have a healer, not doing enough damage? Get some more gear. Warriors still have a silence it just replaces out howl which you should only use in bg's for the majority, in arena the silence shout is priceless, warriors that had triple silence was causing healers to sit their and tear out their eyeballs and as much as it was funny it needed to be removed, the removal of the avatar freedom was a bit overkill removing it entirely, making it like the paladin freedom would have been better but it was understandable.

1)This post doesn't really bother addressing the original poster's concern with Heroic Throw.
2) Warriors don't have a silence. You have a ranged aoe interrupt which can miss that you have to spec into.
3) Please explain where you get your three silences, unless you are using the term "silence" to mean "interrupt."
4) I'm in agreement with Heroic Throw being a pitiful ability.
As Prot, it's minute damage for okayish threat from a ranged. Which only helps on the pull, but not really by that much, unless the target you are hitting is something that you just taunted and whoever had it before is still building massive threat on it.
As DPS, it's a very weak and awkward filler ability when you literally have nothing else available and don't want to feel like you aren't doing anything.
As PvP, with the silence removal, it is a lot like a DPS warriors except since you aren't focusing on maintain the maximum uptime of damage, but instead are relying on controlled burst, it becomes even less useful except as a means to keep something in combat.
I use the terms DPS and PvP for the field the warrior plays in, instead of arms and fury because they could be doing either, although Fury is definitely the PvE spec atm and Arms the PvP counterpart.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
cya
8 Second Root? Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
YE JUST MAKE IT AN AOE ABILITIE THAT HITS 700K DIS WILL B GR8 I LUV U IDEA
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Fix: Use your other abilities. Do you think I ever fel flame a boss in PvE? Did I Searing Pain anyone last expansion? Do I use shadow bolt as Demo?

There are spells you don't use except under specific circumstances. Get used to it...

This lock again.... The epically retarded responses you come to the forums with is mind boggling.

I ran DS on my lock a lot and used Fel Flame on almost every fight. To many fights in that raid where you are running around fighting multiple targets NOT to use Fel Flame.

I'm guessing as Destro you're talking about the talent that increased Searing Pain's critical strike by 40% on targets below 50%? No one took that talent.

You never used Shadow Bolt as Demo? Not even the free proc that made it instant? Or, are you just picking and choosing from which expac you want to talk about how you had spells you didn't use?

Pretty sure ALL classes have spells they don't use in different specs. HT isn't needed for any spec on a Warrior. Try to wrap your head around that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/04/2012 06:00 AMPosted by Xisle
This lock again....
The lock is heated because C-Wave was nerfed 33% and now they want my Wet Noodle ability...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
For once I actually agree with something, someone said that Heroic Throw should do something like.. .5 second stun. Yes. 3 second silence is too much, but .5 stun is nothing, and it gives us one quick silence. (or just make it an interrupt, but I think .5 seconds of shocked silence works for me) ".. Did he just throw that at me?" Lolol. No, but really. I like the idea.

Makes Heroic Throw useful for something, and it isn't worthy to complain about. Just a quick stop-cast, or something. Beats being a full silence, or a dead skill.

Edit: Removed some curse words. Hehe, sorry. Habit!
Edited by William on 12/4/2012 7:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
12/02/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Flinch
You're forgetting it's still very useful for PvE

Spamming Throw does more damage.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
very small ranged attack, dont forget we are not supposed to do any damage at range...we are warriors
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
They should just remove Heroic throw entirely.
Warrior take so few skills to play now you don't even deserve a usefull situational skill such as Heroic throw since you just can't seem to have a clue about how to use it effectively.
How do you even dare complaining when warrior is currently way overpowered. It's the first time in the history of WoW I ever see double warrior being actually semi-viable in duo arena.
Can't believe they made colossus smash back to 100% and whoever made the change to second wind needs to be fired.
Edited by Onehundred on 12/4/2012 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/04/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Onehundred
How do you even dare complaining when warrior is currently way overpowered.

?

What are they going to do with this ability now that Gag Order is removed?

30 second cooldown for a 50% weapon damage?

Completely useless for Arms and Fury.

They should put an 8 second root on it.

This is complaining? Please elaborate how we are WAY overpowered. Pretty sure we were WAY underpowered all of Cata.

It's the first time in the history of WoW I ever see double warrior being actually semi-viable in duo arena.

What does this mean? Running 2's with the same class shouldn't ever happen? Double DK isn't viable? Double Druid, Pally, Mage, ? Pretty sure every class except for maybe Rogue can get to 1500 running same class in 2's.

Warrior take so few skills to play now you don't even deserve a usefull situational skill such as Heroic throw since you just can't seem to have a clue about how to use it effectively.

Because spamming Howling Blast takes skill? What do you do with the DK that takes more skill than I do playing a Warrior?

Can't believe they made colossus smash back to 100% and whoever made the change to second wind needs to be fired.

^ Definition of complaining. I actually agree with the Gag Order nerf and the Avatar nerf to an extent. I think they should have left a 6 second freedom on it but....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

This is complaining? Please elaborate how we are WAY overpowered. Pretty sure we were WAY underpowered all of Cata.

My post wasn't aimed at the OP.

What does this mean? Running 2's with the same class shouldn't ever happen? Double DK isn't viable? Double Druid, Pally, Mage, ? Pretty sure every class except for maybe Rogue can get to 1500 running same class in 2's.

Never said it shouldn't happen. Was just pointing out how dual warrior can slug anyone in a global. Will never work in high rating.

Because spamming Howling Blast takes skill? What do you do with the DK that takes more skill than I do playing a Warrior?

Did I say anything take skills? My DK not being my PvP character on a side note. They made panda land 99% passive gameplay.

^ Definition of complaining. I actually agree with the Gag Order nerf and the Avatar nerf to an extent. I think they should have left a 6 second freedom on it but....

But warrior as always been an healer dependant class. Since it's very beginning. Healers will give them their movement.
Why I say it's OP? Because 100% ARP is too much. Passive 3% health per second under 35% is too much. The damage on a non colossus smash debuffed target is where it should be. The damage on a colossus smash debuffed target is too high.
Edited by Onehundred on 12/4/2012 9:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
12/02/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Flinch
You're forgetting it's still very useful for PvE

so the fook what, obviously this is about its pvp utility
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
put on a 90 sec cd increase it to %300 wep dmg
Edited by Ðragønìte on 12/4/2012 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]