Finishing & claiming rewards for Quests

46 Human Hunter
Hi:

I've just gone to claim my reward for doing "Hogger" a very hard quest for me and somehow "someone" killed the Major before I could choose my reward. Will I still get that when he comes back to life? There was another quest where it wouldn't register my choice of rewards so I didn't get that as well. Is that because of a glitch or is it because it's the trial version or.....? Is there a way to get those rewards now or sometime in the future?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Yes, you can turn it in when he respawns.

As for the one that wouldn't register your rewards, are you sure you had completed it, or might it have been a quest being assigned to you, and showing you the rewards?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Is this the Hogger quest in Elwynn Forest? http://www.wowhead.com/quest=176

I think this quest is turned into the marshal in Goldshire. If some Horde character was in Goldshire and killed the NPC, you just have to wait for him to respawn. I'm assuming you still have the quest in your log and were not able to turn it in. You can't turn it in without choosing a reward. And if you turned it in, you should have gotten the reward you chose.

It has nothing to do with you being a trial, so don't worry about that.
Edited by Cerylia on 12/2/2012 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
12/02/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Cerylia

Redridge, I think, or it used to be, at least.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
12/02/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Eyulfoaken

There has never been a hogger quest in redridge. Hogger is only in Elwynn and the SW stockade
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
12/02/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Dragonjts

There has never been a hogger quest in redridge. Hogger is only in Elwynn and the SW stockade

Must be thinking of another one, I know I did one in Redridge that sounded like that to me now. Sorry.
Reply Quote
46 Human Hunter
It took a while but the Marshall in Goldshire came back. Goldshire was attacked or something. Thanks.

-------

I was just wondering why our characters don't get to eat in combat to last longer in battle and stay alive? It's impossible for our characters to sit down to eat or drink something while getting attacked by multiple opponents/[bad guys]/targets rushing at them all at once.

I have to admit it's kind of cool with our spirits running around when we die and being able to revive our pet. I didn't know if we had time to explore while our characters can't get killed again for awhile. It's definitely something new to me. However after getting attacked by several "bad guy"/monsters, etc all at once and having my character die a bunch of times that gets kind of old.

I got a fishing pole but can't figure out where to get the lure or bait or whatever for fishing. The information I read said I didn't even need a fishing pole for fishing but that doesn't quite work either.

I think I can now cook in the game and build a fire but I don't know which hatchet I can use to collect wood to make a fire or where I can cook to have food for combat.

Then in Stormwind there is a rock lobster quest to get a little fishing experience but they don't have a boat to take out, I don't have a snorkel or aqua lung, I don't get an under water spear gun for killing the sharks I've been warned about and I don't get a boat to take out to leave my pet in and dive occasionally to avoid fatigue. Even in the old days I bet they would use a reed to breathe when they did some diving.

>>>I'll have to do some more reading about the game. Thanks everyone for trying to help.

Have a great day!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
It would be kinda broken/unfair/unrealistic for you to eat in combat. There are other ways certain characters can get their health back in combat.

You shouldn't try to be attacking multiple things at once. Just try to fight one at a time. Eventually you'll get more skills to handle more things attacking you. If you play more recklessly then yes you will die a lot. Practice pulling one mob at a time so you get the hang of it, and understand what range you need to be at.

You need to learn the fishing skill. Guards in stormwind should direct you to where to go, fishing is a secondary profession.
Edited by Monmonn on 12/2/2012 4:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/02/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Monmonn
Wood for fires are sold by cooking vendors. You can make a fire yourself or use one that's already in inns.

Wood hasn't been necessary to start fires since patch 3.0.8 >_>
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Wood for fires are sold by cooking vendors. You can make a fire yourself or use one that's already in inns.

Wood hasn't been necessary to start fires since patch 3.0.8 >_>

Oh wow as you can tell I don't cook. Then it seems there shouldn't any issues with starting one then?

Can you be more specific Gylfieowl? What issues are you having with cooking. Are you not able to make a fire?

I probably should of also mentioned that if you learned cooking that is the same way you are able to fish, by learning that profession.
Edited by Monmonn on 12/2/2012 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/02/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Gylfieowl
I was just wondering why our characters don't get to eat in combat to last longer in battle and stay alive? It's impossible for our characters to sit down to eat or drink something while getting attacked by multiple opponents/[bad guys]/targets rushing at them all at once.

As mentioned, it's pretty unrealistic to try and eat and drink while enemies are attacking you. Would you stop to munch on a sandwich if you were fighting for your life? ^^; The only ways to heal in combat are with healing spells (which you don't have much in the way of, as a hunter), or by using some kind of healing potion/item. (You can only use one potion per battle.)

If you learn the First Aid profession you can take cloth you find and turn them into bandages. These aren't good for using in battle either (attempting to bandage yourself while you're getting attacked will interrupt the effect), but occasionally you'll find a chance to bandage yourself in combat if you're lucky, or you can use it immediately after battle to fix injuries fast.

I have to admit it's kind of cool with our spirits running around when we die and being able to revive our pet. I didn't know if we had time to explore while our characters can't get killed again for awhile. It's definitely something new to me. However after getting attacked by several "bad guy"/monsters, etc all at once and having my character die a bunch of times that gets kind of old.

Being a ghost is kind of fun to explore in, but being able to return to your body allows you to resurrect near where you died, as well as avoid the "resurrection sickness" that usually accompanies resurrecting at the graveyard with the spirit healer. (At low levels you aren't penalized with it.)

As a hunter, you should be able to stand from a distance and attack only one enemy at a time. Send your pet to attack the enemy first, then kill the enemy while your pet is distracting it. Your pet is your "tank," so if you get attacked by a monster you should have it attack that monster and get its attention off you. It takes practice, but until you get the hang of it, try to be more careful. ^^

I got a fishing pole but can't figure out where to get the lure or bait or whatever for fishing. The information I read said I didn't even need a fishing pole for fishing but that doesn't quite work either.

You can't fish until you learn the Fishing profession. Then you get a spell that you can use at a body of water to fish. No fishing pole is required (without one equipped, you just use a stick with a string), but you can obtain many fishing poles that increase your fishing skill when you equip them. Same with lures; you can use them to increase your fishing skill (which helps you catch fish in areas that are too high a level for your current skill), but they are not necessary.

I think I can now cook in the game and build a fire but I don't know which hatchet I can use to collect wood to make a fire or where I can cook to have food for combat.

If you have the Cooking profession, you have an ability to build a cooking fire in your spellbook. Just cast that, and your character will build a fire you can cook from. There are also fireplaces and other fires in the world that work for cooking too. Just stand next to them as you open your Cooking window and choose a recipe to make.

Then in Stormwind there is a rock lobster quest to get a little fishing experience but they don't have a boat to take out, I don't have a snorkel or aqua lung, I don't get an under water spear gun for killing the sharks I've been warned about and I don't get a boat to take out to leave my pet in and dive occasionally to avoid fatigue. Even in the old days I bet they would use a reed to breathe when they did some diving.

You're overthinking the quest. xD;

All you need to do is leap into the harbor and dive down to find the lobster cages at the bottom of the harbor. Don't swim too far away from the harbor (into dark water on your map) or you will suffer fatigue and eventually die. When you swim underwater there's a breath bar, so you're basically just holding your breath for a certain amount of time. You'll need to come back up to breathe before it runs out, but usually after you get the quest for the lobsters, you are given a 15 minute underwater breathing spell anyway.

After you're done, come back to the surface and find a stairway that will allow you to get out of the water again.

Your hunter pet won't drown, so don't worry. :)

The sharks are just level 15 monsters, and there aren't many of them. If you get attacked by one, you should be able to fight and kill it at your level.

--
There is a lot to this game, but it isn't as complicated as some other RPGs. :) You'll get the hang of it eventually!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage

Must be thinking of another one, I know I did one in Redridge that sounded like that to me now. Sorry.

The one in Redridge is for Yowler, who might be a relative, or just a wannabe.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
12/02/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Cerylia
Would you stop to munch on a sandwich if you were fighting for your life? ^^

Well, the only realistic situation where that can possibly happen is if you're a Heavy. Any place else, yes, that would be rather silly.
Reply Quote
78 Orc Hunter
Yes, you can turn it in when he respawns.

As for the one that wouldn't register your rewards, are you sure you had completed it, or might it have been a quest being assigned to you, and showing you the rewards?

For quests that require you to turn in some item(s), make sure the required stuff isn't in your bank.

The quest will show as completed if it's in the bank, but you can't turn it in unless the items are in the bags on your person.
Reply Quote
46 Human Hunter
Thanks everyone.

--------------------------

Monmonn:

Trust me I don't attack multiply targets on purpose being a low level newbie but more than one murloc will attack at once and while you're fighting one monster/enemy other types or more of the same will attack. It's inevitable I guess. I'm not complaining just exploring thoughts and ideas and asking questions. As a new, low level player it will take some time to get used to the game and combat skills.

Cerylia:

Great information. Thanks for being helpful and supportive. I appreciate it. I'd friend you if I knew how. Some of the players have been very helpful and I don't even know how to friend them in game. Seriously just learning how to do everything in the game. New would be an understatement.

---

Well, who better to talk World of Warcraft with than other and better World of Warcraft players. It's a good way to learn.

Have an awesome day everyone! See you. Bye. ---------------------
Reply Quote
46 Human Hunter
Cerylia:

I'm having fun playing around with the game a bit and learning how things work.

I think it would be so cool when we do the emote for sleep if our character had a bed roll and could roll it out and sleep on it. It would be like camping and so the thing to do when sleeping in the great outdoors in the days of old and these new days.

I'm still debating Professions. Too bad we can't do a little of each profession and keep the xp points we get for each and then later specialize. I read that Skinning is one of those good beginner professions since we have to kill all those animals and it makes you some money.

I'm still looking for the trainer for Archaeology and First Aid.

Is there a merchant map for Stormwind City that we can get or buy?

Saw a shark. Not Stromwind daily rock lobster quest. It was something else but didn't fight it myself. It was huge. I didn't see it fighting under water because I didn't get under water in time.

The game is very cool.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As for the Shark warnings, those guys were once a heck of a lot powerful, and you had to seriously make sure that they didn't get into detection range or you were simply a one-bite-munch-death that hadn't happened quite yet - and they were quiet and fast and easy to miss until it was much too late.

When I realized they'd been tuned down, I had to find them and kill them a few times - a bit of payback, you know.

<S>
Edited by Sylth on 12/4/2012 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/04/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Sylth
As for the Shark warnings, those guys were once a heck of a lot powerful,

They were originally level 85, and a low-level doing that quest could pull them from half-way across the harbor, that only lasted a few months though and by 4.1 they were re-tuned to be level 10.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
12/04/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Sylth
When I realized they'd been tuned down, I had to find them and kill them a few times - a bit of payback, you know.

My favourite part of doing that quest.

"Hahaha, now who has the power?"
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Cerylia:

I'm having fun playing around with the game a bit and learning how things work.

I'm glad you're having lots of fun playing the game! ^^

I think it would be so cool when we do the emote for sleep if our character had a bed roll and could roll it out and sleep on it. It would be like camping and so the thing to do when sleeping in the great outdoors in the days of old and these new days.

Hehe, that would be cool. ^^ When I have to log out, I sometimes like to go to the nearest inn and find their beds/cots. Then I step onto the bed and use /sleep to make it look like I go to sleep in the bed before I log out. :D

I'm still debating Professions. Too bad we can't do a little of each profession and keep the xp points we get for each and then later specialize. I read that Skinning is one of those good beginner professions since we have to kill all those animals and it makes you some money.

Out of the primary professions, there are generally two kinds--crafting, and gathering.

Skinning, mining, and herbalism are the gathering professions. All they consist of is gathering up the materials you find in the environment, and those materials are used to create other items with the crafting professions (all the other primary professions). For example, a Leatherworker would want the leather you obtain with skinning to make leather armor and other items.

The crafting professions can be a bit costly for a new player to level. Most people generally recommend you not worry about a crafting profession until you are higher level with more money, though this is up to you. If you only want to worry about making sure you save lots of gold, taking two gathering professions will be a great and fairly easy way to do it. You gather all the materials you find, then sell them for a good price on the Auction House to earn money.

I'm still looking for the trainer for Archaeology and First Aid.

If you're in Stormwind (or any of the capital cities), look for a guard NPC standing around. (When you mouse over them, your cursor will become a piece of paper/map icon.) You can ask them to direct you to all kinds of locations, including the profession trainers you need to find. :D They will put a mark on your map to indicate where you need to go.

Is there a merchant map for Stormwind City that we can get or buy?

Like... a map telling you what kind of vendors are located throughout the city? No, you don't buy any maps in this game. But, you can usually find whatever you need through the guards, as I explained. You can also click the magnifying glass next to your mini-map so you can toggle tracking for various kinds of vendors. For example, if you need to find some NPC that repairs your gear, you can toggle that tracking, and a little anvil icon will appear on your mini-map if that kind of NPC is nearby.

Other than that, you might just have to explore the city yourself to find out where everything is. :D

--
I notice you asked about how to friend people. You can really only friend characters on the same server/faction as you are. You can, however, add people you know as RealID or BattleTag friends so you can always talk to them no matter what server, faction, or even game you are playing. (You can even talk to friends if they're playing Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3.)

You have to exchange your email address for RealID, and the other person gets to see your real name, so don't use that for people unless you already know them well and/or don't mind them seeing what your real name (first and last) is. Battletag is anonymous and only requires you to exchange a Battletag that you create on your Battle.net account page.

For both RealID and Battletag, keep in mind that those friends will be able to always see when you're online, no matter what character you're on. If you like your privacy, you might want to consider who you add carefully. (A "Appear Offline" setting is in the works, but isn't available yet.)

To friend someone, you just need to open your Social window (O key by default, or click the little button next to your chat window that looks like a little person), choose Add Friend, and then type in their character name/RealID email/Battletag to add them. RealID and BT require your friend to accept your friend request first. If the character is nearby you in the game, you can also target them, right-click their portrait, and then either add them as a Battletag or character friend.

Hope that helps! ^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]