Finishing & claiming rewards for Quests

100 Draenei Shaman
Hi Gylfieowl. From some of your comments, I'm thinking maybe you are getting overwhelmed by the difficulty, so I took a look at your gear, and you might want to upgrade a bit. In particular you should be able to get a better bow, with agility stats on it. Try the auction house; there are 2 in stormwind. There are also rings and necklaces; don't spend more than a gold or 2 per item at your level. Often you can pick up gear for silver while you're low level, but you will also see pieces that are very expensive. You will find that, when you have a whole quest chain, the final quest will give a nicer reward.

For archeology I believe you have to be level 35, trainer is in the stormwind keep, in the library.

The letter m will bring up a map of whatever zone you're in, including stormwind.

Fishing lures can be purchased from a vendor, I forget if it's general goods or a different vendor, but it's the same one you can buy a fishing pole from. You do need a real pole to use a lure, and the pole will increase your fishing level.

There's a first aid trainer in the inn in goldshire, upstairs.

Welcome to WoW :D
Edited by Nebliina on 12/4/2012 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/04/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Nebliina
For archeology I believe you have to be level 35, trainer is in the stormwind keep, in the library.

Nope, just level 20 and have Cataclysm on your account.

The letter m will bring up a map of whatever zone you're in, including stormwind.

Yup, but OP - note that it won't have the vendors/trainers marked unless you visited a guard and he said "Let me mark it on the map for you", then just the one vendor you last asked about (and didn't find yet) will be marked.

I forget if it's general goods or a different vendor,

They're found at either a "fishing supplies" vendor or a "Trade Goods" vendor. General Goods vendors usually sell things like small bags.

There's a first aid trainer in the inn in goldshire, upstairs.

There's also one in the cathedral in Stormwind.
Reply Quote
46 Human Hunter
Hi everyone:

I think I just bought a membership and hopefully I did everything right. It says it takes up to 72 hours to process everything. Supposedly you can only play the Trial Version up to level 20 and I'm nearing it.

See you folks on the friendly side in game.
Edited by Gylfieowl on 12/21/2012 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Saw a shark. Not Stromwind daily rock lobster quest. It was something else but didn't fight it myself. It was huge. I didn't see it fighting under water because I didn't get under water in time

Bet it was Ol' Gummers in Redridge. There used to be a different elite lake monster out there, but apparently Gummers got knocked inland and ate it. Far as I know he isn't part of any quest or anything, just another reason to be careful around that lake.

FYI elites are more challenging than regular mobs, and they're designated by a gold dragon around their picture. You can kill one around the same level as yourself if you know what you're doing, or just get some help; there aren't many elites roaming Azeroth anymore, and the ones you do encounter are often fought with help from a quest.

12/05/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Gylfieowl
Supposedly you can only play the Trial Version up to level 20 and I'm nearing it.

Meant to add that yes, you'll stop leveling at 20 while on the trial, but if you've upgraded to a full account, most of the restrictions should be lifted right away, including being able to level past 20. The social restrictions like using the AH, joining a guild, and using mailboxes can take longer to become available.
Edited by Drewb on 12/5/2012 6:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Gylfieowl
Supposedly you can only play the Trial Version up to level 20 and I'm nearing it.

Yup, the trial version will only let you level as far as level 20. BUT you can keep playing your level 20 character(s) indefinitely, there's no expiration time on a trial account. Because of this, there's now a large community of players with perpetual trials.
Reply Quote
46 Human Hunter
Drewb:

Yes. I just checked and it was Old Gummers who is a level 20 Shark and my character paid a visit to the local cemetary for a spell and once I realized I was out of my league I let the old boy alone.

-----------

Avanna and anyone else who cares:

Yesterday I think I spent $10.88 on something and then agreed to spend $15.00 every month.

This morning I think I spent close to $60.00 and it asked me to spend $20 more.

I'm not sure what I did but nothing much is happening.

Upgrading in this game is very confusing and I have no idea what I did. But Blizzard just keeps asking for more and more money. When does it stop?

I might be broke forever if I keep trying to find out.

*I'm in a slight bit of a panic.

I figured 5 or 10 dollar a month for membership but I have no idea what I just did. I guess I should have asked a question or two before I tried spending money. If anyone knows what mistakes I made and can tell me how to fix it I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

The upgrading process is making me feel like a dummy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I suggest you call customer support because we don't know you've been purchasing. You shouldn't spend any money on something if you don't know what it is.

The main game is $20, and the subscription to play is $15 a month.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
And to reiterate what was suggested in the other thread, and what it sounds like to me as well, the $9.99 was for the Battlechest upgrade (subscription account with all content that's available up to level 80), the $49.99 was for Cata and MoP (80-90 content).

(edit: after checking the upgrade options, it's $59.99 total for everything right now, so that's probably what it was, only they show it as separate purchases instead of a bundle price, and I'll add this to the other thread.)

And yes, the monthly subscription costs $15, but you can purchase $30 time cards, or set up a three or six month subscription for a bit less than $15/month (and you can change the payment settings at any time, so you won't be locked into a recurring bill beyond the period to which you've agreed).
Edited by Drewb on 12/6/2012 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
46 Human Hunter
Cerylia -

Is the Horde the same thing as the Rogue? Someone asked me if I had a problem with Rogues in game and I guess I don't. I read a book that had a Rogue who sometimes helped out the good guys [by that I mean a young girl and her friends].

What kinds of quests do Horde people have?

----------------------------------

Now I'm a Hunter who has Herbalism and Alchemy as jobs.

I went with someone to Kalimdor - Darnassus, Teldrassil, Exodar, Lor'dane and all the way down to the Zoram Strand Digsite but didn't figure out how to get Archaeology Experience points.
Edited by Gylfieowl on 12/21/2012 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Cerylia - Is the Horde the same thing as the Rogue? Someone asked me if I had a problem with Rogues in game and I guess I don't. I read a book that had a Rogue who sometimes helped out the good guys [by that I mean a young girl and her friends].

What kinds of quests do Horde people have?

Just for future reference you might want to make a new thread after so much time has passed, that way anyone who sees the thread will answer your direct question instead of having to scroll all the way here or answer your first post instead.

Horde quests don't differentiate that much from ally quests. You will do a lot of the same things, just from a different perspective. I'm not sure I completely understand what you're asking though. Are you talking about the story with the quest? Or the actual doing of the quest? Or how they flow through a zone?

There are also a lot of quests that are neutral or are the same for each faction.
Edited by Monmonn on 12/21/2012 9:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/21/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Gylfieowl
I went with someone to Kalimdor - Darnassus, Teldrassil, Exodar, Lor'dane and all the way down to the Zoram Strand Digsite but didn't figure out how to get Archaeology Experience points.

At first you can get archaeology skill points just by digging. But that soon stops (around skill level 50 or so), and after that point you can only get archaeology points by combining the pieces you dig up into artifacts.

To "assemble" an artifact from pieces you need to go into your archaeology window and click on the artifact type that you have enough pieces for. From there you'll be able to hit a button on the window that will take the pieces you've accumulated and make something.

Some stuff will be gray or white items (typically vendor trash that the vendors pay a decent chunk of gold for). Other stuff will be useable items, rare recipes, mounts, or companion pets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]