New Dreamcloth Cooldown

90 Human Priest
As of 5.1, the Dream of ect. Dreamcloth cooldowns have been changed from once a week to now share a daily CD with Imperial Silk. The Dream of Destruction (chaos orb pattern) remains unchanged. I am wondering if this was an intended change, or a possibly something that happened when they changed what time all the Profession cooldowns reset.

I much liked the weekly system, and I could still make 36slot gem bags and 26slot bags while still making the relevant Imperial Silk. Anyone prefer the old weekly CD, or are you indifferent?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Haven't seen this yet, but if it's so, then its one of the worst things I can think of. Sharing CD across 2 different Xpacs is insane. As you say, can't make the 2 levels of bags independently.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I could see trying to tone down 26-slot bag creation in favor of 28-slot, but you are right that this could hurt 36-slot profession bag production. Oversight perhaps?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Have you tested the CD? On my 85 tailor the CD is still one week (though for a while the prof tab was saying "cooldown resets daily").
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I did the Imperial Silk CD, then went and farmed some Embersilk to make some 22 slot bags, and spent V-earth and V-fire i've accumualted to make 2 dream cloth... all of it yesterday.

I don't think they share a CD at all... will look again after work... of course Imperial comes first.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It seems it was just a graphical bug, the Cooldowns are not linked
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It is not a graphical bug. I did my daily Imperial Silk CD today, then immediately afterward grabbed the mats for each of my Dreamcloth cooldowns. The cooldown is shared - I was unable to create any Dreamcloth, and I had not crafted any for over a week.

If this is an intended change, I'd very much like to see verification of it. Likewise, I'd like to know if it's a bug that will be fixed anytime soon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
12/03/2012 05:32 AMPosted by Gelova
Sharing CD across 2 different Xpacs is insane.

Said every alchemist ever a number of years ago.

;)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Mjjtt:
Hmm ok

This is my new favorite necro.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Haven't seen this yet, but if it's so, then its one of the worst things I can think of. Sharing CD across 2 different Xpacs is insane. As you say, can't make the 2 levels of bags independently.

Welcome to the pains of Alchemists.

Transmuting something with a CD from Vanilla stops you from doing your Living Steel CD for the day.

All transmutes that have a daily CD all share it, no matter what expansion it is from. You have one Transmute CD, be it Elements, Primals, Eternals, Volatiles, or Living Steel.

It's really !@#$ing annoying transmuting Primal Earth to Primal Water so you can make the frozenshadoweave pieces for someone who is one water short, only to find later you can't do your Living Steel transmute for the day.

CDs should not be shared between expansions.
Edited by Grokironhide on 8/2/2013 9:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Undead Mage
When you have just one day left of the 7day cooldown I believe it says something misleading such as 'resets daily'. Perhaps this causes some to think that dreamcloth shares a cd with imperial silk. Of course this was posted last year, who knows, maybe it did back then?

It should say something like "you have x time left of a y time cooldown" instead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]