Enh DPS check

90 Troll Shaman
Given my current gearing what should I be aiming to get my DPS to? I can beat on a dummy all day but I have no idea how to see whether numbers are good/bad
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
When I had that gear level, around 70-75k.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Just re-using this topic :D

I have some problem with this Shaman.

My dps on dummies is never over 60k. I think it's something in my rotation, but i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong.

What's the DPS expected from me, with this gear?

Thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Depends on if you are talking about just dummy dps no cds, dummy dps with cds, dummy dps with cds with full buffs, or a real encounter (and hten consider flasks / pots / food buff). with each of those, the further you go up, the more your dps will be.

My 474 enhance, for instance, will barely break 40k with 0 cds (no fire ele, stormlash, spirit wolves, ascendance) on a dummy. It goes up quite a lot with cds and buffs / flasks / pots / food make it go even higher.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
My item level is 478 and in raids and heroic dungeons i am pulling around a 65-75k DPS average that is with all cds out which puts my usually in the top 5 consistently and the odd time i will top the list for damage and DPS.
Edited by Gorecry on 12/4/2012 5:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
12/03/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Platform

That fully raid buffed/flasked/etc? Over how long? Because if that is a typical number I have serious problems with the rotations, and AFAICT I am doing it right
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Depends on if you are talking about just dummy dps no cds, dummy dps with cds, dummy dps with cds with full buffs, or a real encounter (and hten consider flasks / pots / food buff). with each of those, the further you go up, the more your dps will be.

My 474 enhance, for instance, will barely break 40k with 0 cds (no fire ele, stormlash, spirit wolves, ascendance) on a dummy. It goes up quite a lot with cds and buffs / flasks / pots / food make it go even higher.

I'd be interested in damage per each condition you listed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

They make simulators for this reason. If you download and learn to use Simulationcraft, you can answer these questions yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
raidbot.com shows just under 50k average for mop lfr for us enh shammys.bosses vary from 30k to 50+k. i would say that if you are doing 60k avg in lfr on bosses then whatever you are doing, you are doing it well.
imo the best simming you can do is lfr. it is typically the worst case raid scenario.
movement, bad players and lack of coordination in most lfr groups is un-simable, and if you can consistently stay in the top 5 dps in those conditions, that should give you a good idea of a base dps for you.
Edited by Madcowmgrath on 12/4/2012 8:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

They make simulators for this reason. If you download and learn to use Simulationcraft, you can answer these questions yourself.

OK.

Just FYI I am new to WoW as of August so whereas I appreciate your hint of annoyance, some of us are learning of these tools for the first time :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/04/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Trollaifina
That fully raid buffed/flasked/etc? Over how long? Because if that is a typical number I have serious problems with the rotations, and AFAICT I am doing it right

That's raid buffed, flasked, and everything on a dummy fight like Gara'jal. If you're doing like 65-68k you'll be okay.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
raidbot.com shows just under 50k average for mop lfr for us enh shammys.bosses vary from 30k to 50+k. i would say that if you are doing 60k avg in lfr on bosses then whatever you are doing, you are doing it well.
imo the best simming you can do is lfr. it is typically the worst case raid scenario.
movement, bad players and lack of coordination in most lfr groups is un-simable, and if you can consistently stay in the top 5 dps in those conditions, that should give you a good idea of a base dps for you.

Thanks. I am averaging between 37k and 57k in those situations depending on the boss fight (MV is the only one I have had skada for so far) which puts me between 5th to last among DPS, depending. I've only seen one other enh shammy when I have ran MV and s/he pulled off 68 k to my 57 but was much better geared.

I really want to get my DPS high enough to ensure a spot in regular runs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/burning%20blade/platform/

Here is a record of my DPS for every boss so far this tier. If you want to know how much you "Could" be doing, go to the dates that were the earliest in the expac for each individual boss. That's where I was in pretty much 463-470.
Edited by Platform on 12/4/2012 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
One thing to note is that if you want to know my Garajal DPS, you need to go to the individual logs yourself and go to the kill log and look at damage done with the DPS that isn't (e). Our healer who logs the fights goes in and it skews the end result for raidbots and whatnot.

Elegon also isn't a good sample for you to judge. The first couple of weeks for our kills I was theorycrafting hypothetical scenarios where things like Primal Elementalist/Elemental Blast might have had a chance of being better talents on this fight for different reasons.
Edited by Platform on 12/4/2012 11:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/burning%20blade/platform/

Here is a record of my DPS for every boss so far this tier. If you want to know how much you "Could" be doing, go to the dates that were the earliest in the expac for each individual boss. That's where I was in pretty much 463-470.

Thanks!

You have quite a bit of raiding experience (whereas I do not other than LFR and runs back in TOR which seems to have been much easier) so can I ask you about your strategy for using cooldowns/fire ele/wolves etc? I suspect I am missing a ton of DPS here
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/03/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Platform

this is about right. during progression you might drop a healing rain, or 20 during tougher phases(or whenever someone makes a mistake) which can lower your dps by a lot, but if you are not worried about doing it then this should be the minimum you are pulling, maybe even higher than that range since you have darkmoon and most of us didn't when we had heroic dungeon gears.

enhancement dps has really low learning curve just read the list couple of times and practice on dummy for 5 minutes and bam you have mastered it.
Edited by Microcontrol on 12/4/2012 11:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/04/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Trollaifina
so can I ask you about your strategy for using cooldowns/fire ele/wolves etc? I suspect I am missing a ton of DPS here

A lot of it was me using them on cooldown outside of gimmicks where they wouldn't get their full benefit. It's different for you because you're a Troll. You should be using your Ascendance, Fire Elemental, Berserking, and Feral Spirits together at the start with the other three minute cooldowns together again once they come back up. Feral Spirits will be late and early, which is why you use it by itself once it's off cooldown.

In order to match your Fire Ele with Berserking and Ascendance though, you need to be glyphing Fire Elemental. For Trolls it's a mandatory glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Another important detail is your Flashing Steel Talisman: use this trinket on cooldown. At the start it will align perfectly with all of your cooldowns, 3 minutes into the fight it will align with all of your 3 minute cooldowns, and then 6 minutes into the fight it will align with every single one of your cooldowns again.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Thanks for your suggestions, they are really appreciated. I will work at getting these cooldowns coordinated. This is probably something I should macro eh?

For raids would you suggest I drop Healing Storm for the Fire Elemental glyph? I used the former extensively for levelling when solo
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
get rid of chain lightning glyph(and use them again for heavy aoe fights) and use both healing storm and FE glyph.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]