Enh DPS check

90 Troll Shaman
Thanks again all. Will take this dummy to the dummy tonight. The depth of things I have had to learn and master in this game has been interesting, and every time I read over one of the guides I see/appreciate something new to focus on and learn. Basics is easy, mastery is difficult.

Er, one more question. In which sequence is it best to blow the 3 minute cooldowns/trinket?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
All of them are off of the GCD except for the Fire Elemental, so you can blow them all together. Well, Feral Spirits is on the GCD, but that has it's own place in the priority.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
So macro then?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
You can, yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I'm getting the feeling you don't?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Sorry I've been busy for the majority of the day.

Personally, no, I don't. The reason for this is because I'm an Orc, and the only 3 minute cooldown I have is Ascendance. I don't glyph Fire ele because I'm not a troll, so it's 5 minutes. My Feral Spirits is 2 minutes, Blood Fury 2 minutes, and yeah. If I was a troll, I'd most likely macro them.

Right now I only use two macros--which are for my Unleash Elements/Flame shock, which is a cast sequence macro to smooth things out in execution while saving bar space. The only other macro is for Blood Fury, which is macroed to my Stormstrike.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
No worries. Thanks again for this. It give me a lot to work on.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
tried some of the suggestions ITT last night and can pull about 76 k initially but then it rapidly drops off. Those inter 3 minute burst phases are needing some more attention.

Thanks for the simcraft on my toon Houndstooth, really appreciate that. Need to keep working at it it seems
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Are you saying you burst 76k?

Here, read this: http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6844
Edited by Platform on 12/5/2012 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The one time I ran at the dummy with skada those were the numbers I recall seeing. Then skada tried to access some restricted file when I was wiping a glyph (to replace with the fire elemental per our conversation yesterday) and it got shut down. Unbuffed mind, and not blowing all opening cooldowns quite right.

I have read and reread that and other guides since I started playing in August, but for questing mobs the priorities aren't really needed because things die in 2-3 globals anyway. Where I am now working for raids is on the opening you suggested yesterday, and the middle part of the priority list. Using partial MW stacks with LB will in particular be a positive DPS gain.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
...working the troll racial in effectively is something I only noticed recently, and you guys forced the issue yesterday so it popped to the top of the queue. :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Anybody in here got a good macro "how to" they could recommend?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Man, I must be completely retarded. I cannot pop big DPS numbers. I did manage 3rd DPS on Gara'jal last night for the first time, but still working the kinks out of this rotation to max the deeps. But I'm getting a little frustrated.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Its amazing what two new weapons can do
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Sorry I've been busy for the majority of the day.

Personally, no, I don't. The reason for this is because I'm an Orc, and the only 3 minute cooldown I have is Ascendance. I don't glyph Fire ele because I'm not a troll, so it's 5 minutes. My Feral Spirits is 2 minutes, Blood Fury 2 minutes, and yeah. If I was a troll, I'd most likely macro them.

Right now I only use two macros--which are for my Unleash Elements/Flame shock, which is a cast sequence macro to smooth things out in execution while saving bar space. The only other macro is for Blood Fury, which is macroed to my Stormstrike.

Playing a panda, and I usually (though not always) top dps in Heroics... not much experience in raiding so far in MOP due to guild being uber-casual and a healthy dislike of LFR. Was playing a Tauren before this.

I like the mention about macroing abilities together in order to save space and to smooth my rotation. I have two castsequence macros set up on my bar. One is UE/ST, with the reset timer keyed to Unleash Element's; and FS/ES macroed together with the reset at 8 seconds. The idea of putting UE/FS together is intriguing enough for me to give it a look tonight.

As for damage, at my current gear level I'm pulling 35/40k in questing, and 45/50k on heroic bosses. Where I feel my bread and butter is, however, is on AOE. FS/LL/FN is a potent AOE combo that cannot be ignored in AOE situations. I've topped out at 75/80k+ in AOE situations.

Also, pop Ancestral Guidance alongside Ascendance during heavy damage periods. Your healer will love you for it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
all excellent advice.

Got the rotation down much more smoothly thanks to using SAA to get a better feel for the timing, and with the new gear I am wrecking things much more efficiently. Have topped damage charts on LFR and even placed 2nd in a guild normal more MSV. Gotta learn to dance better for WoE though...

I really appreciate the suggestions all, and hope to represent Enh well in the coming days.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/10/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Jangosàgony
and FS/ES macroed together with the reset at 8 seconds

you should be using glyph of Flame Shock. Earth shock does more initial damage, so you should only FS to refresh the debuff when it's about to run out, and only with the Unleashed Flame buff.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/16/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Demapples
you should be using glyph of Flame Shock. Earth shock does more initial damage, so you should only FS to refresh the debuff when it's about to run out, and only with the Unleashed Flame buff.

The DPS difference is marginal at best. We're talking within 50-100 DPS. It's a lower DPS difference to not have Flame Shock glyphed than it was during Dragon Soul to cast Lightning Bolt at 5 stacks over Stormstrike.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]