Question's about Pets.

100 Troll Hunter
So having really only played MM and Surv, I'm thinking about switching one of my spec's to BM. I realize that I will be able to tame Exotic Pets if I choose to do this, but how does that effect my other pets? Do those switch per spec? I doubt it, but who knows. If not, and I tame some exotic's, what happens to them if I choose to revert to Surv sometimes? Am I simply limited to whatever non-exotic pets I have on me? And will my exotic pets be released if I use Stampede while in Surv?

And on a side note, do your pets use their special abilities during stampede? (Such as 4% dmg increase, armor reduction, crit, and/or things like scorpid poison, spider webs, and monkey stuns).

And how do stables work? Are they just for owning pets beyond the 5 cap you can carry naturally?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
bump
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
12/03/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Onox
Do those switch per spec?

Your non-exotic pets will remain exactly how they are - unless you decide to change their spec.

If not, and I tame some exotic's, what happens to them if I choose to revert to Surv sometimes?

Whenever you return to SV or MM, your old pets will not have changed - nothing happens to them when you switch to BM, except you are able to use some new abilities with them, such as Kill Command and Focus Fire.

Am I simply limited to whatever non-exotic pets I have on me? And will my exotic pets be released if I use Stampede while in Surv?

If/when you switch to SV/MM, you will indeed be limited to non-exotic pets. If you have any exotic pets in any of your 5 current slots, they will NOT be released. You'll need to swap them out for non-exotic pets to get the full benefit from stampede.

And on a side note, do your pets use their special abilities during stampede?

Yes, they all do. So if you have a cat, wolf, hyena, and wind serpent as your other 4 pets, when they attack you'll receive the 5% crit buff, 10% Attack speed buff, Mastery buff, and Spell damage taken debuff for their normal durations.

And how do stables work? Are they just for owning pets beyond the 5 cap you can carry naturally?

Exactly. There's plenty of space in there for you to store any exotic pets you might want to use when not playing BM, or to store your normal, non-exotic pets when you ARE playing BM.

Happy hunting =O

Edited: for stupidity
Edited by Zishh on 12/4/2012 11:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Thank you so much good sir. That pretty much nailed everything I needed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]