My New Build Is my PSU enough?

CPU - i7 3820 @ 4.3ghz | CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79 | GPU - 7970 GHZ Edition | SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD - WD Blue 1TB | HDD #2 - WD Caviar Green 500GB | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @1600 | PSU- MK III 600W | Windows 8 64 Bit

With all this is my PSU enough without having to worry so far i have had no issues only overclock is on the CPU!
Edited by Seiz on 12/3/2012 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
19 Human Hunter
There are PSU calculators you can find with a quick Google search that will give you a guideline (for example, http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp ).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
yes, that should be fine, just make sure to get a high quality PSU, I work at a computer repair shop and I can't tell you how many times I've had customers come in with fried mobos due to a power supply surge/failure.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Short answer Yes

Long answer NO, This PS is not rated ie, it should be Gold, Silver or Bronze rated. This means that the PSW may not function properly at the advertised 600w.

If your going to buy an unrated psu but one that easily overpoweres your need, ie for you i would recommend a 750W psu. or stick with the 600W and get a bronze rated.
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
Never cheap out on power supplies unless you really want to burn your house down. Get a good 80 Plus certified power supply. Two good brands that I trust are SeaSonic and Corsair. There are other companies out there that sell rebranded SeaSonic power supplies under their own company name such as XFX's Core series which will be just as good.
Edited by Alturius on 12/7/2012 12:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
MK III is probably referring to PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III series, which is 80 Plus Bronze certified and is based on SeaSonic platform.

He's more than fine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]