Impossible to hard cast in arena.

14 Orc Warlock
With arena riddled with Demo Warlocks, Warriors, Mages and Spriests, it seems as though standing still and casting something between 1.5 -2 seconds is impossible and in my opinion, why Boomkins and Elemental Shamans are currently not viable.

Quite unfortunate really.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
make it so only healers and mages can get interrupted... seems fair to me!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
boomkins are fine. ele is sad :(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/22/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
boomkins are fine. ele is sad :(

Lightning bolt glyph and baseline should be swapped.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Download interruptbar.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/22/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Quard
Lightning bolt glyph and baseline should be swapped.

well to start, ele deals no damage. 35-45k lava bursts (should be 65-75k) lightning bolt deals like 35k crits for a 2 second cast...

you bump lava burst up to ~75k and lightning bolt to ~50k and it would be a better spec.

then you need to give elemental some survivability. Currently it has 1 defensive cooldown from our t1 choices. all three stink.

then elemental would be fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/24/2012 02:02 AMPosted by Swampdonkeys
Download interruptbar.

try juking a skilled player.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/24/2012 03:19 AMPosted by Narshyl
try juking a skilled player

its not that hard.

juking is honestly easier than landing a kick.

the truly skilled players will never kick and just watch you fake-cast yourselves to death.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Its not even interupts that are so much the problem. Do 10-25 arenas, note which cc's are used on you, then compare how many of them are interupts. The truth is probably 75% or 80% are not interupts anymore. The game has decended into such an instant cc fest that interupts (and casting) are really not relevant anymore.

It really started as a nasty cycle between jacking up frost mage control vs melee, then jacking up melee gap closers to compensate, then homogenization of CC which just leaves everything more of a FPS vibe than the pvp people have known for the past 7+ years. The return of near wotlk levels of burst is the other half of the equation. With both those macro factors evolving into what we see today as pvp.

If it isn't instant, and thus useable in the short windows between cc's, it isn't useable most of the time. Sure you can interupt someone but that takes skill on both sides of the juking vs successfully landing an interupt. If you can blanket silence/stun/etc (none of which break on damage) then unload burst in that window that is lethal why bother "learning" to cc?

Why does destro not work but demo does? (above the level of the idiots who qq about being blown up by a all cd's CB) simple....2x chaoswave = instant while a 3 sec base cast (even backdrafted to less) never happens. Or at least is FAR more easily prevented during the short window when cd's make it actually dangerous.

TLDR....the combo of many specs with high burst + arms race of cc's between frost mage vs melee + homogenization = an environment where spells that have to be cast while stationary are simply not viable. There is no one thing to do to fix that. As I pointed out, its a change of many factors on the macro level.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Spirit Walkers Grace should be a talent, it should be passive, and it should never turn off.

There, I said it. Everyone would scream bloody murder if it happened, but it should happen and it would only help us survive minimally at best. We've got hard-wired mechanical issues that should be addressed.

The totem system is killing this class, if you T1 choice prevents the T2 choice you'd take, then something is wrong. It isn't rocket science, its common sense and the only thing preventing it is that Blizzard can never admit fault - totems are a bad choice for a resource system as they currently stand.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
The issue is not that Boomkins and Ele Shaman are too weak, the issue is that Warriors, Locks, and Mages and Shadow Priests in particular are too damn OP right now. Too much damage coupled with too much surviveability and CC, fix that and you fix half the problem with PvP right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I like how people say juke.

Juke was a viable tactic in Burning Crusade or WOTLK.

Its not even possible with the abundance of blanket silences.

HOWEVER.

Any caster complaining about cast times needs to learn how to make use of small windows of opportunities when people are cc chained to get casts off. You already have enough instant cast spells stop acting like playing a dress wearing wizard is what is holding you down.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I like how people say juke.

HOWEVER.

Any caster complaining about cast times needs to learn how to make use of small windows of opportunities when people are cc chained to get casts off. You already have enough instant cast spells stop acting like playing a dress wearing wizard is what is holding you down.

In the case of many classes, I agree. But Elemental shamans? C'mon. ><
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Interrupts are not hte problem, its the instant cast and CC fest that is arena atm.

It hurts melee that are nto warrior FAR more than it hurts any ranged char.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
Spirit Walkers Grace should be a talent, it should be passive, and it should never turn off.

There, I said it. Everyone would scream bloody murder if it happened, but it should happen and it would only help us survive minimally at best. We've got hard-wired mechanical issues that should be addressed.

The totem system is killing this class, if you T1 choice prevents the T2 choice you'd take, then something is wrong. It isn't rocket science, its common sense and the only thing preventing it is that Blizzard can never admit fault - totems are a bad choice for a resource system as they currently stand.

That would be ridiculously overpowered. You would be able to dominate any melee not named Warrior. How is that balanced?

As it stands right now Casters and ranged in general are so much stronger then melee not named warrior it's stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

That would be ridiculously overpowered. You would be able to dominate any melee not named Warrior. How is that balanced?

As it stands right now Casters and ranged in general are so much stronger then melee not named warrior it's stupid.

You are right, but try telling most of them that they are more powerfull than that melee guy and they will tell you how stupid you are.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/24/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Primiez

I didn't say give it to all casters. And right now we're fodder. Not even ghost wolf saves us. At least this way we could fight while running away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
[quote]I like how people say juke.

HOWEVER.

Did you even read the fine print?

Dress wearing is the keyword.
Edited by Mezasu on 11/24/2012 6:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Elemental RNG plays a role in why the damage numbers are low. But I agree that Ele needs some damage love along with an extra defensive. And a fix to Tstorm not knocking back.

Agreed. I've been running twin peaks as ele on and off all day... been getting ridiculous RNG at some points.

some clashes i would get into, lava surge procs on every single Flame Shock tic, and those instant lava burst procs, would proc other instant off-the-GCD lava bursts, which would then procs more other instant off-the-gcd lava bursts.

when that happens its lol.

but... when that doesnt happen its :(

And of course elemental as a spec is balanced off the fact that we COULD proc rng strings of 10 instant things. :-/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]