However, during my tenure we moved the guild to a PVP server for the betterment of the guild, and I am not a fan of the PVP server playstyle at this point. As such, my wife and I are on the prowl for a quality guild to join, contribute to, and eventually start raiding again at some point in the future*. *Doesn't have to be this patch, will very likely be a future patch. We're playing very casually right now.
So, what makes a quality guild for us?
- Ideally 18+, active membership, and guild chat where we won't have to worry about language (a filter and parental controls exist for a reason).
- Raiding opportunities. You don't have to be server first, but we'd appreciate the possibility of downing content at a decent pace at some point.
- No false elitism or blustery bravado. Case in point, the GM of Mayhem told me "My officers may have accepted your app, but I'm the end-all, be-all, and if I want you gone, you will be. That being said, they invited you anyway, so welcome, I guess." You guessed it, I told him to pound sand and left immediately. I'm too old for that childish nonsense. It doesn't impress me, and certainly doesn't cultivate loyalty in your ranks.
- Regular events of some sort for the membership. This could be old content runs, progression raids, random BG night, or running LFR together in groups. I'd like something to do.
- No blind-invite guilds or guilds who invite without some sort of quality control.
- Must be a level 25 guild (and thus, have been around for a while).
- Ideally, an average age of 25-30 among the membership.
Why should you invite us?
I am a seven-year veteran of WoW and have raided at every tier when it was current on almost every class in the game. As a result, I have a unique perspective on what other classes bring to the raid which helps guide my talent and glyph choices, as well as when to use what ability and why. In over seven years of progression raiding, scheduled breaks aside, I have maintained close to 90% raid attendance.
Of the 183 raid bosses currently in the game (not counting heroic modes as additional bosses), I have killed most of them when they were current content, and for most of those kills, I was a raid leader responsible for running a variety of 25-man and 10-man groups through progression content. I was an active guild master who led my guild through two expansion transitions, and was considered by a large portion of my membership to be one of the best guild leaders and guildmates they have had. I consider a large portion of my former guildies my friends, and still stay in contact with them.
My wife is an experienced priest in all three specs, having played nothing but that one character since she started raiding in the Ulduar patch. She was always one of the best priests I've played with, and was my go-to in regard to healing questions and concerns. Her current focus is on shadow.
I expect we will be fielding interest from a variety of guilds, and we will be evaluating that interest carefully, so please be patient. After creating a guild that fulfilled our vision of what WoW could and should be, having to find a new home will be a process for us, and one that I hope we can achieve. If you're interested in us, please send me a whisper on this character or respond to this thread.
Thanks for looking, Garrosh.