Former GM/raid leader seeks quality guild

88 Blood Elf Rogue
Due to scheduling conflicts and the desire to step back from being involved in the game to the degree that a guild master and raid leader typically are, I recently decided to hand the reins of the guild I founded and led for more than two years to a friend of mine so he could continue to build on our successes.

However, during my tenure we moved the guild to a PVP server for the betterment of the guild, and I am not a fan of the PVP server playstyle at this point. As such, my wife and I are on the prowl for a quality guild to join, contribute to, and eventually start raiding again at some point in the future*. *Doesn't have to be this patch, will very likely be a future patch. We're playing very casually right now.

So, what makes a quality guild for us?

• Ideally 18+, active membership, and guild chat where we won't have to worry about language (a filter and parental controls exist for a reason).
  • Raiding opportunities. You don't have to be server first, but we'd appreciate the possibility of downing content at a decent pace at some point.
  • No false elitism or blustery bravado. Case in point, the GM of Mayhem told me "My officers may have accepted your app, but I'm the end-all, be-all, and if I want you gone, you will be. That being said, they invited you anyway, so welcome, I guess." You guessed it, I told him to pound sand and left immediately. I'm too old for that childish nonsense. It doesn't impress me, and certainly doesn't cultivate loyalty in your ranks.
  • Regular events of some sort for the membership. This could be old content runs, progression raids, random BG night, or running LFR together in groups. I'd like something to do.
  • No blind-invite guilds or guilds who invite without some sort of quality control.
  • Must be a level 25 guild (and thus, have been around for a while).
  • Ideally, an average age of 25-30 among the membership.

Why should you invite us?

I am a seven-year veteran of WoW and have raided at every tier when it was current on almost every class in the game. As a result, I have a unique perspective on what other classes bring to the raid which helps guide my talent and glyph choices, as well as when to use what ability and why. In over seven years of progression raiding, scheduled breaks aside, I have maintained close to 90% raid attendance.

Of the 183 raid bosses currently in the game (not counting heroic modes as additional bosses), I have killed most of them when they were current content, and for most of those kills, I was a raid leader responsible for running a variety of 25-man and 10-man groups through progression content. I was an active guild master who led my guild through two expansion transitions, and was considered by a large portion of my membership to be one of the best guild leaders and guildmates they have had. I consider a large portion of my former guildies my friends, and still stay in contact with them.

My wife is an experienced priest in all three specs, having played nothing but that one character since she started raiding in the Ulduar patch. She was always one of the best priests I've played with, and was my go-to in regard to healing questions and concerns. Her current focus is on shadow.

I expect we will be fielding interest from a variety of guilds, and we will be evaluating that interest carefully, so please be patient. After creating a guild that fulfilled our vision of what WoW could and should be, having to find a new home will be a process for us, and one that I hope we can achieve. If you're interested in us, please send me a whisper on this character or respond to this thread.

Thanks for looking, Garrosh.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
What I get from this post, is that you are asking for guilds to basically app to you. Lol.
Edited by Snuss on 11/24/2012 1:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue
11/24/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Snuss
What I get from this post, is that you are asking for guilds to basically app to you. Lol.

You got it. Lol.
Reply Quote
Livingston, Me and my wife just formed a guild (even though it's only us and like 2 others in atm).

I got sick of the whole pressure to raid and lack of help from guilds in general (it was so different when the game first started). We are interested in casual heroics, running old content, and just playing and enjoying the game.

I could use some help getting this guild on it's feet, so if you and your wife want to join, and play with another couple, you are more than welcome.

Also, please note that we are stationed in Europe, so we play on European time, which isnt that far off from the States really. Let me know.
Reply Quote
81 Dwarf Mage
11/23/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Livingston
I expect we will be fielding interest from a variety of guilds, and we will be evaluating that interest carefully, so please be patient.

You are very full of bravado sir
Edited by Oldmanwinter on 11/27/2012 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Arggghh tis me kin from the lowland Blood Elf clan. Nice tae meit ye!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
No false elitism or blustery bravado. Case in point, the GM of Mayhem told me "My officers may have accepted your app, but I'm the end-all, be-all, and if I want you gone, you will be. That being said, they invited you anyway, so welcome, I guess." You guessed it, I told him to pound sand and left immediately. I'm too old for that childish nonsense. It doesn't impress me, and certainly doesn't cultivate loyalty in your ranks.

I lol'd
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
My guild is not lvl 25. Where working on it. My wife and I run it and a very unique system. G rated chat at all times. Where small but believe in helping my members. I personally fund projects for my members and have open guild bank concept. Your welcome to hit me up on real I'd rogue2605@yahoo.com. Would love to talk to you. My online time is huge as I am retired

Heis
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]