I have never played Mass Effect

90 Blood Elf Paladin
was thinking about it though, two major things in the way are having to get Origin (have way too many accounts to manage, way too many passwords and names) and dealing with some of the graphic bugs in the 1st game. Friend showed me how it stutters.

convince/discourage/ignore/troll away
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Shaman
I say definately get it. People can say what they will abut the games because of the ending of Mass Effect 3 which created an uproar across the internet, but this is definately one of the best Sci-Fi games ( and series) of this generation.

If you're referring to 'Mass Effect' as the trilogy as a whole, with the recent release of the Mass Effect trilogy, which includes all three games and *most* of the dlc, now is the perfect time to get stuck into the Mass Effect universe. Alternatively, you could see what happens during Origin's christmas sale, in which the trilogy could get a discount, albeit a minor one since it only just came out. Anyway, I highly reccomend it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I liked ME1's story the most out of the trilogy, and I would guess most people agree, but I have to say ME2 nailed down the gameplay and mechanics much better. Weapons make sense, sprinting doesn't feel all wonky...etc. If you're unable to play ME1, I would give ME2 a try. ME3 is not much different compared to ME2, so if you like the second you'll probably like the third.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
While the ending of ME3 is indeed horrible, the series is FANTASTIC! So fantastic in fact that when the terrible ending hits you will be infuriated because of how much you love the characters/world/story.

If you get nothing else from the series(and you should get them all when you can) get ME2, its SOOO good!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
While the ending of ME3 is indeed horrible, the series is FANTASTIC! So fantastic in fact that when the terrible ending hits you will be infuriated because of how much you love the characters/world/story.

If you get nothing else from the series(and you should get them all when you can) get ME2, its SOOO good!

I liked 3 fine. The original ending was dissapointing, but for me I still feel that overall ME3 was a positive experience, especially the genophage storyline.

Overall the Mass Effect series is one of my favorite, and ME2 is one of my favorite games of all time.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I didn't notice any stuttering while i was playing ME1, maybe it was just him? either way it still is an excellent trilogy. Still don't understand why people hate the endings, i enjoyed them but to each his own as the saying goes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If you like RPGs, you owe it to yourself to check out Mass Effect. One of the very best experiences in gaming, even if it was somewhat overly ambitious and stumbles a bit on the third game.

Origin is kind of a pain in some ways, but it's much better than that Bioware was doing before. You can compare all you want with Steam, but with Valve and EA being mutually disagreeable, this is what you get. Or you can go with the console version(s). The PC version is better overall, particularly the first (UI and control) and third (visuals) games.

As for the ending, well...it is what it is. Bioware did largely take the WTF?!? factor out with the EC, but the change in the writing team between 2 and 3 wasn't for the best in terms of story. BW seriously should have taken another year with the game or even split it into two games if that wasn't possible. Water under the bridge, though.

Seriously, if you like your RPGs, check it out. Oh, and the multiplayer grafted onto ME3 has largely become the tail that wags the dog in the series. Check it out; it is a lot of fun. PC is better here, too, of course.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Death Knight
i would say buy it, and then go to google and search for ways to play it without having origin on your computer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If you own a console just buy the Mass Effect Trilogy for that. You'll definitely get your moneys worth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]