MoP T14 Looking for Raid (LFR) → Cheat Sheet

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
What up guys. Just finished my "cheat sheet" macro set for T14 LFR, guides for all bosses currently released. Just copy-paste these into your macro menu, assign icons and whack 'em on one of your spare action bars. Then all you'll need to do is click the one for the appropriate raid encounter that you're about to face and all questions should be cleared up for your group.

Click the REQUEST STICKY above if you find these useful, and be sure to check out the follow-up in-progress 10/25man role based strategy videos over at youtube.com/theddguides
If there's enough interest over these then I'll be posting cheat sheets on all future patches and raids as soon as they come up. Love writing these things!

[UPDATE] They just changed the system for LFR chat in the last patch (5.1), so now /ra doesn't work at all. I've changed all the macros to /i so anyone using the old ones will need to update!

---------------------------------------------------------

Guardians of Mogu'shan
(Raid 1/5)

/i (Boss 1/3 - Stone Guard)
/i - Stack bosses together and burn.
/i - Get out of ground stuff.

/i (Boss 2/3 - Feng)
/i - Tanks, click purple crystal and use abilities during the bosses channeled stuff. Face him away from raid.
/i - Everyone, group up during [Epicenter] for AOE heals.
/i - Get [Wildfire Spark]s + aoe debuff away from raid

/i (Boss 3/3 - Gara'jal)
/i - Tanks, fight each other for threat!
/i - DPS and Heals: right-click on the totem when it appears. Burn down adds in shadow realm.
/i - Pop lust and cds at 20%

The Vault of Mysteries
(Raid 2/5)

/i (Boss 1/3 - Spirit Kings)
/i - Stack for first boss. Move away when he casts Annihilate, then restack.
/i - Move from spinning goon wall. Interrupt bosses. Stack during Maddening Shout and AOE. Move from Volley. Kite fixated add around edge of room.

/i (Boss 2/3 - Elegon)
/i - DPS the add when it shows up. DPS the sparks when they show up (FAST!).
/i - After the sparks are dead, the platform you're standing on may vanish. When that's about to happen, RUN TO OUTER RING and dps lightning generators.

/i (Boss 3/3 - Emperor)
/i - Kill priority: (1st) Courage, they have shield in front so dps their back.
/i --> (2nd) Strength, move from their "white ground circle" attack.
/i --> (3rd) Rage, CC these.
/i - Tanks, just tango with your boss :-]

The Dread Approach
(Raid 3/5)

/i (Boss 1/3 - Zor'lock)
/i - If yellow barriers come up, stand under them during [Force and Verve].
/i - When rotating orbs appear, move through them (like a rotating frogger).
/i - If ally is mind-controlled, attack them.

/i (Boss 2/3 - Ta'yak)
/i - If boss vanishes, and a player has an arrow over their head, STACK ON THAT PLAYER.
/i - Move from tornadoes.
/i - Taunt swap at 2 debuff stacks.
/i - (Phase 2) --> DIVE AND SWERVE THROUGH TORNADO GAUNTLET, THEN BURN BOSS!

/i (Boss 3/3 - Garalon)
/i - Tanks always stand in front of boss.
/i - NEVER STAND UNDER BOSS.
/i - DPS, ride the bosses legs (within 12 yards) and BURN!

Nightmare of Shek'zeer
(Raid 4/5)

/i (Boss 1/3 - Mel'jarak)
/i - CC two of the Battle-Menders when the fight starts.
/i - Fight in a wide circle around the boss. Break people out of amber prisons. Get away from ground bombs. If hit by resin, run away.
/i - Dispel. Interrupt Menders.

/i (Boss 2/3 - Un'sok)
/i - If turned into monstrosity, (tank), PRESS 2 TO INTERRUPT YOURSELF. Press 1 on boss to stack debuff. Press 4 when it becomes available (20% hp)
/i - Priority for DPS: little adds --> mutated construct
/i - Kill flamey dude.

/i (Boss 3/3 - Shek'zeer)
/i - Spread out over 10 yards from each other. If you get the [Cry of Terror] debuff, move into a swirly yellow circle.
/i - Tank swap at 3 stacks.
/i - When adds come, tanks take half each and aoe burn. Interrupt Windblades!

Edited by Reservoirdog on 11/27/2012 4:50 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Terrace of Endless Springs
(Raid 5/5)

/i (Boss 1/4 - Protectors)
/i - Spread out.
/i - Single-target DPS Protector Kaolan first. Then Elder Regail.
/i - Interrupt your current boss. Dispel players.
/i - There's no need to move the bosses (this one is easy), so just zerg!

/i (Boss 2/4 - Tsulong)
/i - Spread out. During Night Phase, step into beam of light to clear stacks. Tanks, face boss away from raid + taunt swap after breath. Dispel!
/i - Day Phase: stack in front of boss (heal + dispel boss!) + kill adds

/i (Boss 3/4 - Lei Shi)
/i - Taunt swap when your Spray expires
/i - Kill ONLY 1 add!
/i - When boss vanishes, everyone aoe all over the platform and when damage appears, stay there and spam moar!
/i - When hit by wind, run to boss

/i (Boss 4/4 - Sha of Fear)
/i - Tank boss where he is (directly underneath him). EVERYONE stand in the cone-shaped light barrier, and only leave when there are adds to DPS.
/i - If you get sent to platform, pick up orbs + dispel and burn Guardian.
Edited by Reservoirdog on 11/30/2012 5:14 PM PST
90 Troll Mage
thanks for the list although at least the stone guard strat may want to be changed. Yes what you have does work great they should be able to be zerged down fairly easily with stacking all three together. So maybe make a macro dealing with what to do per combination/mechanic to avoid damage.
90 Pandaren Monk
Lol I literally re-opened my tab after doing the raid finder just then to make that very change!
Consider it happened.
90 Troll Mage
Another thing for Amber-shaper, and this may be different for tanks or lfr I suppose but I believe when you get transformed your 1 skill is the debuff with 3 being to absorb the puddles.

Also you have "is is" as a typo in the sha of fear one. Once again great list thanks for making it.
90 Pandaren Monk
Another thing for Amber-shaper, and this may be different for tanks or lfr I suppose but I believe when you get transformed your 1 skill is the debuff with 3 being to absorb the puddles.

Also you have "is is" as a typo in the sha of fear one. Once again great list thanks for making it.

I'll confirm in my next run.
90 Pandaren Monk
Bump!
90 Human Paladin
Oh this is awesome, thanks man!
90 Goblin Rogue
You don't need to trade pheromones in LFR, they max out at 20 stacks...so you can just have the tank hold them and everyone stay away from him for safety.
90 Human Paladin
/ra (Boss 2/4 - Tsulong)
/ra - Spread out. During Night Phase, step into the beam of light to clear your stacks. Tanks, face boss away from raid + taunt swap after breath. Dispels!
/ra - Day Phase: stack in front of boss (heal boss!) + kill adds

This isn't nearly good enough imo. Healing breath should be mentioned and dispel tsulong is more important per sec than an entire phase.

/ra (Boss 2/3 - Feng)
/ra - Tanks, click purple crystal before fight for abilities. Use 'em during the bosses channeled stuff. Face him away from raid.
/ra - Everyone, group up during [Epicenter] for AOE heals.
/ra - Drop [Wildfire Spark]s away from raid

Would be good to add the p3 debuff warning.
90 Pandaren Monk
11/26/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Yummburrito
You don't need to trade pheromones in LFR, they max out at 20 stacks...so you can just have the tank hold them and everyone stay away from him for safety.

/ra (Boss 2/4 - Tsulong)
/ra - Spread out. During Night Phase, step into the beam of light to clear your stacks. Tanks, face boss away from raid + taunt swap after breath. Dispels!

This isn't nearly good enough imo. Healing breath should be mentioned and dispel tsulong is more important per sec than an entire phase.

/ra (Boss 2/3 - Feng)
/ra - Tanks, click purple crystal before fight for abilities. Use 'em during the bosses channeled stuff. Face him away from raid.
/ra - Everyone, group up during [Epicenter] for AOE heals.
/ra - Drop [Wildfire Spark]s away from raid

Would be good to add the p3 debuff warning.

Added the suggestions, but would you mind rewriting the Tsulong to clarify your point? There's a character limit in each macro that prevents me from being thorough.
90 Pandaren Monk
Bermp.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Swapping at 20 stacks of spray is a recipe for a tank to get one shot.
90 Pandaren Monk
11/27/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Balhale
Swapping at 20 stacks of spray is a recipe for a tank to get one shot.

Should it be lower or higher? Is the issue the number is too high, or that the stacks would overlap before taunt swapping?
90 Pandaren Monk
Updated from /ra to /i
90 Pandaren Monk
Blankap.
90 Pandaren Monk
Bermpy.
90 Pandaren Monk
Exobumparino.
90 Worgen Mage
Threads like these are potentially very helpful to the community, thanks!
90 Troll Priest
/ra (Boss 2/4 - Tsulong)

well I see no need to have the (boss 2/4 - Tsulong)

/I Night Phase- go into beam of light to clear stacks, avoid puddles
/I Day Phase- healers in front of boss ( healing buff from breath) heal boss and dispel terrorize off him
/I Kill unstable sha-> fright spawn-> embodied terror

Thats just how I'd do it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]