LF old school LW to craft Hide of the Wild

90 Tauren Hunter
If anyone could help me out here, I'd really appreciate it!

I've been looking through cloaks and the lvl 57 vanilla WoW leatherworker crafted Hide of the Wild matches my transmog set perfectly... but apparently Pattern: Hide of the Wild no longer drops!

That being said, I haven't seen anything stating that, if already learned, the pattern isn't usable.

Can anyone (horde) craft this? I actually have mats for a few of them (yes, I want a spare!)

Thanks!
Edited by Manthunder on 11/26/2012 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't seem to have the pattern on my rogue (I could have sworn I did), but if you can manage it, saving the dude by Nalorakk (bear boss) in H-ZA has a chance at Recovered Cloak of Frostheim, which is the same model/texture. Barring that, Kargath Cloak from a BRD quest is a little lighter, and Tracker's Cloak is a little more olive but I'm not sure what you're using so I'm not sure if that'd be a close enough match for your tastes.

Anyway if you've already seen those options and discarded them for whatever reason, just ignore me, haha.

(edited for item code fail)
Edited by Xella on 11/27/2012 11:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Thanks for the reply. I'm actually in the process of getting the hunter T2, T4, T5 and T6 sets for transmog, and I want a cloak that matches the T4 (Demon Stalker) set.

http://wowroleplaygear.com/2011/08/22/demon-stalker-armor/
http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=535#comments:id=1568086

The set is primarily dark brown, but has these awesome green highlights, so a green cloak would be awesome.

I looked through wowhead, and ended up with exactly the same cloak list as you did.

Nobody seems to be able to make Hide of the Wild, and I can't seem to get people together to do a H-ZA run for Recovered Cloak of Frostheim.

I got the Kargath Cloak, and even though it looks a bit drab, I'm going to use it for now. And I've been looking for Tracker's Cloak on the AH, but haven't found it yet.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I haven't tried it personally, but does H-ZA being an 85 instance now make it too difficult to solo? You'd only need to do two of the bosses in the time limit to get to the cloak (it occurred to me last night that the chest contents might be based on order saved and not dude saved, we just always did it in the same order haha). Nalorakk's charge might be touchy though, I dunno how hunter pets + melee range huntering work out with the debuffs he does.

I don't have anything hordeside at 90 yet but if you need the help from something awful, I've got a DK at 85 (on Bleeding Hollow, but RID makes that sort of nil), and would be willing to give it a shot sometime if you'd like... RID is Xella#1292.

Also, I -highly- recommend MogIt, if you don't have it already ( http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mogit ). Way easier to use to preview things than Wowhead, since it's ingame and lets you dressing room and set up sets and the like without constantly tabbing in and out. There are a couple cloaks in the same colour scheme in the knee-length cloak style, but I tend to prefer the longer cloaks for everything but Pandaren, Draenei, and Worgen and I know most people feel the same, heh.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Yeah, Mogit is awesome. I just started using it. Too bad the "sets" plugin is broken. But it's made this kind of thing so much easier.

I'll see if I can solo H-ZA. Maybe I'll get lucky. If not, I'll ping you.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
So it turns out I can totally solo that boss in H-ZA. He hasn't dropped anything yet, but it's only a matter of time!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Excellent, good luck! :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]