Mount collector support group v 11

85 Orc Hunter
For those of you into challenges/fun

try leveling a mage to 80 and soloing stuff for drops

some of my friends have been able to solo Ony 25/OS 3D 25/all of 10m reg ICC/etc
100 Blood Elf Monk
...Really needs to be fixed.

Also guys -
Apparently I can't be picky with who I take to a speed Silver challenge mode run.
Hurp derp. I suppose I can't gauge that if somebody hasn't cleared normal MV by now there's a pretty decent chance they might not have the awareness to complete something in under an hour or so.

God forbid I want a group that can clear things quickly.

My logic in this is merely being able to judge some skill before I even speak to the person.
There's good raiders out there who haven't done anything this tier but there is absolutely no way I'm going to be able to know their current skill level without /something/ -
And I know people who spent 3-4 hours on Silvers per.

Silver should be really easy. Just got gold on my monk as healer and I am very disappointed about the gear+no glow? Whatever, got the mount. Crimson.
100 Night Elf Druid

Silver should be really easy. Just got gold on my monk as healer and I am very disappointed about the gear+no glow? Whatever, got the mount. Crimson.
I want voilet
90 Draenei Warrior
Still don't know what bird I'm picking.
Still not sure if I should be leading Silvers.

I'm getting everybody on skype and I've said we're talking about it prior and doing a full run even if we wipe prior to learn but I'm really in no state to deal with rage-quitters.
Not to mention I'm having troubles with Amber Shaper - The shaped mechanic is stupid and borderline impossible to practice in LFR.

At least I ranked today.
67th on Vizier.
100 Draenei Hunter
I just got Exalted with Anglers and got the water strider and my mount count didn't go up even with it.
100 Goblin Hunter

I'm getting everybody on skype and I've said we're talking about it prior and doing a full run even if we wipe prior to learn but I'm really in no state to deal with rage-quitters.
Not to mention I'm having troubles with Amber Shaper - The shaped mechanic is stupid and borderline impossible to practice in LFR.

At least I ranked today.
67th on Vizier.

If you want, I can give you the strats I used for gold, they're easy as hell and I can modify them for silver.
100 Blood Elf Monk
Also, the mounts are outside Loremaster Cho's place on top of Mogu Palace if you want to study them. Violet matches the mage's gold xmog set for sure. I think they are all pretty nice, except the Emerald.

In terms of rage-quitters, just get people that are adamant and willing to put in the time and effort (I just did it with guildies and their alts...) Silver should be much more relaxed and people should just be more comfortable.
Edited by Zealsie on 11/29/2012 11:40 PM PST
100 Goblin Hunter
I picked up the violet. And Silvers are seriously not something to stress about. The timer is pretty laxed.
90 Draenei Warrior
As long as.

I'm using the guides here and we're going over them quickly on Skype before we do the first pull;
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6863526914

It didn't take my guild long at all to get Silver from what I can remember so having that one pull ahead of time before we "push" should be enough to keep people calm.
See the instance no stress and we know how to get through it without wiping - and with competent DPS it just comes down to that.

It's a super late night run (11pm my time) so I'm just gonna stay up late, wake up late - not think about it - re-watch other videos a few hours after and then go in and just keep my game face.
I'm getting Klaxxi done tomorrow so I have a mount to look forwards to anyways.
100 Blood Elf Monk
lol that guide is from a guy on our server. There are major things not mentioned in there that can shave 2-3minutes. Nonetheless, should be fun. Make sure you cover the major buffs and people try to min/max their gear/profs/consumables (Gear with sockets are a plus).
Edited by Zealsie on 11/30/2012 12:32 AM PST
90 Draenei Warrior
I'm being choosy tommorow - outside the tank.
Who everybody's told me is good and chill so I just accepted him off the bat.
Interested in talking to him too so it all works out.

I'm requiring pretty much the statistics of a normal mode raider so I know they're aware and serious about it and the food/flasks are a thing.
Not gonna require pots but I'll just ask for them and if they're lagging behind and not using them I'll just replace them with a guild mate.

I'm gonna stop talking about this. Don't need no anxiety.
90 Pandaren Hunter

The Emerald one was the only one that appealed to me personally. The other ones look too... blah, possibly with the exception of Ashen with the night-vision colored tips.

Press 1 to interrupt the boss, 2 to interrupt yourself, 3 to eat ONE pool when you drop below 70 energy (unless it's the last phase then eat pools consistently to stay alive), and 4 to jump out after you're under 20%. It's not too complicated, just watch your cast bars and make sure you're keeping stacks on the boss with 1 while making sure your 1 ability will be up for the interrupt on the boss.

At least I ranked today.
67th on Vizier.

Congrats! For me, the only thing better than getting a good rank is getting a mount that I've sought after for a long time. (Ony pls.)

I actually ranked #2 on Vizier on Tuesday and #1 on Elite Protectors of the Endless (which sadly got bumped down to #2 before my GM closed the logs QQ). I hate that I haven't got any top 3 parses on heroic fights yet, my best was #4 on Heroic Garajal. This LFR trinket is holding me back for sure. I have had some terrible RNG with raid drops so far. No bows dropped from WoE (on normal or LFR) until a week after Terrace came out and I was using a 463 trinket until a week before that.

WTB the Elegon mount. I think I'll be saving a coin for her (him?) weekly even after I get the heroic trinket. Don't tell my raid leader. >_>

I've been doing dailies for charms on my druid for extra chances at the Sha mount and sneaking into Sha groups on my 85 priest. There still hasn't been a drop on my realm yet, surprisingly.

EDIT: I got my 10th Skyshard to drop last night. Too bad I was on my druid doing dailies with a friend since I'd already done them on my hunter. Now my friend is 1/10 and I'm still 9/10. lol
Edited by Karma on 11/30/2012 7:41 AM PST
100 Night Elf Hunter
Doing Ony and TK runs nothing yet. Been wanting to get into challenge modes though but my guild hasnt really been into it..
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So after 43 runs in wrath and another 16 in cata i finally got the twilight drake from sarth....rng may like me on other things but every single time i was a low roller for that mount.

Also about 5k trickster kills into my 3rd skyshard, got the first from a daily bag and 2nd after about 300 kills but the 3rd....
90 Draenei Warrior
I can't really farm Skyshards right now since somebody on my realm hogs the Tricksters - the entire platform at that. I've mentioned he already has the mount right? And constantly complains people won't buy it off him and hate him and troll him for essentially causing zone disruption because he does it for absurd hours right?

Also - Officers are telling people to drink pools sometimes and not and it's just confusing as hell.
Mechanic would be doable if you could actually practice is but you can't. You get picked and then it's different every time so for somebody like me with anxiety I can't tell what to do right away and something goes wrong.
I literally doubled the size of the DBM timer bars to see if it helps but I still don't know how "fast" the will drains on it's own so I still panic.

Mechanics Fights are fun.
They aren't unique. They aren't cute. They're stupid.

Elegon? Good fight.
Lich King? Good fight.
Lord Ryo? Good fight.
This? Stupid.
Edited by Schwert on 11/30/2012 12:21 PM PST
90 Draenei Warrior
https://www.openraid.us/index.php/users/raid/69428

Here's that Throne run I promised.
Sorry it took me so long - I've been ill and putting it off.

Horde guild is prodding me to level my warrior so we can apparently have a sexy party so eh...Horde run in a few weeks probably.
90 Draenei Warrior
Subs cancled.

Plauged protodrake on BMAH.

Might not still be playing when my time runs out.
I was dead serious about it when I said I'd most likely quit if they put removed mounts on the BMAH without putting the original source back in.

Didn't play in Wrath.
Gotta pay gold cap.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Schwert

Just opens up the gates to even more mounts also, wouldn't doubt since plagued is on there the black one is also just hasn't shown up on servers yet. I would expect if they're not on the possible list already the orgimal warbear and zg mounts will be also.

If those 4 mounts get reimplemented on the bmah there is nothing stopping blizz from putting in old vanilla mounts along with the black aq mount which will go for instant gold cap cutting out anyone who doesn't bot the ah or have a stash of tcg mounts ready to sell.

While i'm not exactly mad about it being on there i got the 10man meta roughly 2 weeks or so after it was removed.....does it feel right that people can now buy a mount i didn't obtain because my guild was 2 weeks late on the sarth 3d kill? no but honestly when the bmah was revealed if it wasn't dead obvious they were going to put removed mounts on there then idk what to say.

And really just looked at it not sure if my achievement bugged after a certain patch or not but according to it i actually got the meta several weeks before 3.1 went live....which makes little sense when i know my guild didn't kill 3d sarth before ulduar.
Edited by Wilhelm on 11/30/2012 1:42 PM PST
90 Draenei Warrior
11/30/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Wilhelm

Just opens up the gates to even more mounts also, wouldn't doubt since plagued is on there the black one is also just hasn't shown up on servers yet. I would expect if they're not on the possible list already the orgimal warbear and zg mounts will be also.

If those 4 mounts get reimplemented on the bmah there is nothing stopping blizz from putting in old vanilla mounts along with the black aq mount which will go for instant gold cap cutting out anyone who doesn't bot the ah or have a stash of tcg mounts ready to sell.

This is the problem right here.

Blizzard has recently been pushing for people to collect mounts and mini-pets with a "catch them all" attitude. There is nothing wrong with this until they put back in mounts that required "x" and then demand gold cap for them.

People will be transferring off realms in droves to get these with gold caps to secure them.
It's already happening with Invincible and Mimiron's Head and I've seen one person drop cap on Ony by transferring as well.

This is disgusting.
I'm still torn on how I feel about getting my Invincible from the BMAH. I put months of sweat and tears from being harassed into trying to get that mount the "legit" way and then got it from a feature I absolutely cannot stand and feel is ruining vanity collection at it's core.
It sucks.

What the hell is the issue with just putting these things back in the intended way or making it a 1% drop and then putting it on the BMAH as well? I actually wouldn't be this pissed off if they made it so you required the meta and then it had a low drop off Kel'thuzad.
As a matter of fact - I'd agree with that. Keeps it rare - people who "NEED IT NOW" can grab it off the BMAH and everybody but the most special of snowflakes are happy.

BMAH is still ruining this game entirely for me.
I can't actually think of anything else I play this game for outside collecting mounts.
PvP is a completely joke in this game - I raid to get mounts - Most I do outside the farming is RP now and even my RP guild is disgusted by this move.

I'm completely torn.
90 Dwarf Paladin
I pledge to never buy an otherwise unobtainable mount from the BMAH.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]