RBG teammates think my dps sucks....really?

90 Undead Warlock
Just looking to poll locks in rbg nowadays. In destro spec, I'm usually doing 5-7 mil dps, but with lots of killing blows. Some of my teammates think with the gear I have, I should be doing 10mil + dps, and killing blows mean nothing in rbg. However, I don't see it this way, and I'm looking for input...I don't think I'm spec'd, gem'd incorrectly. One thing I'm constantly doing is the obvious CC, fear, aoe fear, and silences in destro with gosac.

I don't use rain of fire often, unless the flag needs to be aoe...my rotation usually consist of a couple of conflags and fel flames, an incinerate, and then the chaos bolt cd fun.

I'm constantly hitting called targets in that method, and called cc-ing with fear, and the healers with silence...all while trying to keep myself up at times, so healers can focus on players who need it.

I've been in alot of rbg's, where entire team is not top dps, but because we are cc-ing and focus firing, we easily control the game.

In an RBG, I feel the team that does a better job at putting more players in the graveyard, all while following the objectives, ultimately increases their chances at winning.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
11/27/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Pachyderm
Get a new team.

Pachy, be more constructive. Mah gawd....

>:l
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
im doing 10+ mil in demo but i see it as this. are you winning? it really doesn't matter if you are in the end of the day
Edited by Áz on 11/27/2012 9:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0sRvEZOdA

I played at my friends house on his lock. Didn't have a lock past 70 myself and decided to try. Just had a go at watching this video then going on, worked great. I already knew him of course, so knew a bit more of locks since i've been watching for months now. hes a great entertainer imo. Just depends on how many people are around and if you're getting constant embers or not, really.
Edited by Nerve on 11/27/2012 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
11/27/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Pachyderm
Get a new team.

I agree. I play with pugs who are smarter than this. It's not easy to just hit 10million damage unless you're tunneling and all you're focusing on his damaging. That's stupid.

To be completely honest, your team probably is losing some, and looking for a scapegoat to blame the loss of clashes. And since you have the best gear amongst them, it's easy for them to blame you, instead of just accepting the fact that your CCs are just as important as your dps.

If you're attached to your team, explain to them that you can't just damage everyone all the time, then the objectives and strats may fail, as well as CCs will break.

I might recommend doing a normal BG and just focusing on dmg. See how high u get. I'm not a lock but I know they can do some big damage. Regardless, 5 milion in a BG is nothing to scoff at.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
@ Dungflinger... I agree with you.. 5mil + in an rbg, 1700 cr, where almost everyone is somewhat geared now...7-9 pvp epics, I feel is on par, when I cc alot. I will try not doing one CC, and see where it gets me on the dps charts. I'm sure if I'm one of the 3 dps, who can cc, it will hurt the overall game state...but heh, I'll get 9 - 10 mil dps?

Overall thanks for the input everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Your damage should be no concern if you're doing what you're supposed to do. As dest you're basically there to CC and burn down a specific target. As someone above me said, 5-7mil isn't anything to be taken lightly, you're doing your part.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Your goal is to put enemies in the GY through burst and CC. Having a higher sustained damage that the other team heals through doesn't really accomplish anything.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Find a new group. I have been in RBG groups lately that complained that the mages dps wasnt good enough even though i was top dps in the entire rbg, above the DK, as well as doing as much cc as i can. sometimes they want to find a fall guy because its always someone elses fault, and they blame the "OP" classes for not carrying them.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
...but i see it as this. are you winning? it really doesn't matter if you are in the end of the day

This is the most important thing.

You probably should be doing a more damage, but it's all situational depending on the map and how the fights develop. One thing that should be said is that rain of fire stuns were a little stupid, so you probably should have been using it any time you're not too concerned about breaking CC....those stuns can frustrate the hell out of the other team. If I remember correctly, they're gone as of today though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've been in groups that all they looked at was damage done and if it wasn't near 10 mil they yelled at you. Quite honestly, that's stupid. That same group was praising a frost dk for being 12 mil but recount showed he was howling blast spamming 72% of the time and had 2 KBs. In an rbg KBs do matter and so does cc. I don't know much about lock rotations other than "interrupt chaos bolt" but I do know that rbg locks use rain of fire a lot. I asked a destro lock I do rbgs with and he said to do it to add aoe pressure, and also for the stun (which is going to be gone in 5.1).
Reply Quote
If your team is that concerned with padding meters, then they're going to fail miserably. Sure, damage is nice, but if you're just blanketing the enemy team in damage and letting people free cast heals, you won't get many kills.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/27/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Ssdouchebag
If your team is that concerned with padding meters, then they're going to fail miserably. Sure, damage is nice, but if you're just blanketing the enemy team in damage and letting people free cast heals, you won't get many kills.

Best RBG groups I've seen will focus fire dps and CC healers. AOE dmg is situational depending on map. On CTF, the clashes depend heavily on team coordination and not at all on AOE dmg. On flag control maps (ie SM, AB, BfG, and Temple) damage is very important and reign of fire should be up all over the place. However with the nerf to the stun, it may be better to just nuke the focus target.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just looking to poll locks in rbg nowadays. In destro spec, I'm usually doing 5-7 mil dps, but with lots of killing blows. Some of my teammates think with the gear I have, I should be doing 10mil + dps, and killing blows mean nothing in rbg.

i dunno i havent played this season yet in RBGS. but my mere dreadful Rdruid is racking more heals than my hpally in randoms and this is expected cuz new expansion = better gear?

my Dk in cata season 11 can rack up 13 mill dps at 2k mmr. From that it I m assuming u are doin too far too little damage considering higher gear lvls.

BUT... maybe pvp resilience has scaled higher in season 12 dunno yet.

There was a ww monk with only some malv/ raid finder wep showing the other day on forums her 10 mill dps trying to convince ppl they ar viable.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Also demo will get tons more damage because it's more aoe damage compared to destro. If you do what you're supposed to be doing/aoeing flags, cc'ing people...then you shouldn't have to worry about damage done. Same goes in regular bgs but some people fail to understand this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/27/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Dungflinger
To be completely honest, your team probably is losing some, and looking for a scapegoat to blame the loss of clashes.

This.

Killing blows is actually huge, it means you are finishing people on demand.

I always get ridden about dps I do in rbg's. It makes me say WTF when I just ninja'ed a node that enabled us to win the game, yet someone gripes about my dps. And what if you are stuck on defense?

What matters is game awareness, field positioning, crowd control, and focused burst on demand. DPS is just an indicator and as such you need to take that with a grain of salt.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Goldenclaw
To be completely honest, your team probably is losing some, and looking for a scapegoat to blame the loss of clashes.

This.

Killing blows is actually huge, it means you are finishing people on demand.

I always get ridden about dps I do in rbg's. It makes me say WTF when I just ninja'ed a node that enabled us to win the game, yet someone gripes about my dps. And what if you are stuck on defense?

What matters is game awareness, field positioning, crowd control, and focused burst on demand. DPS is just an indicator and as such you need to take that with a grain of salt.

o yes and its situational.

For example Hpally are supposed to be beast healers in terms of output.

But in some flag maps hpally sit with FC all day in partiucalr low mmr. there healing paper number wud be understandbly low.

or as a lock on very rare occasions if u wer stayin back with Fc or more commonly guarding a node in AB/gilneas all day which leaves u with low involvment of course ur dps would seem low on the scoresheet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]