RBG teammates think my dps sucks....really?

11/27/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Goldenclaw
To be completely honest, your team probably is losing some, and looking for a scapegoat to blame the loss of clashes.

Killing blows is actually huge, it means you are finishing people on demand.

lol not necessarily have u considered classes like monks/ret paladins.

Just cuz the Ret steals ur kill with hammer of wrath doesnt mean hes contributing much.

And ww monks hav some set bonus which lets them score heaps of kills with low dmg. I saw a monk who did a 1/8 of 4 dps in a grp with 8 kbs while the rest had less lol....
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You are gemmed wrong regem full pvp power for rbgs
Reply Quote
Damage at the end of the game means nothing. PvP isn;t about the long run, it's about the here and now burst to kill someone.

A death knight could tunnel on two or three people who are being heal spammed by a druid or paladin and rack up the damage and top by miles, at the end of the game would you think he was a good player?

This topic really aggravates me. It reminds me of this time I did 5v5 with a DK, lock, resto druid, disc priest and myself. At the end of each round the resto druid would comment on how low mine and the warlocks dps was in comparison to the DK, when all he was doing was running in and rolling his dots while I was single targeting and cc'ing and the warlock was rotating fears.

Some people just don't understand what skill is. Skill isn't how much damage you do at the end of the game. Skill is having the intelligence and the discipline to STOP doing damage and actually think before you act and use CC and burst in a smart way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/27/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Mattee
Some people just don't understand what skill is. Skill isn't how much damage you do at the end of the game. Skill is having the intelligence and the discipline to STOP doing damage and actually think before you act and use CC and burst in a smart way.

^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
My lack of RBG experience means I don't have room to talk, but I will say a couple of things.

Firstly, I assume you mean "total damage". If you're putting out ten million damage -per second- then something is horribly, horribly wrong on Blizzard's end.

Here's the thing: Damage is only useful if it kills somebody.

If I were to stand around AoEing people on a flag whilst they got perpetually healed, I might clock some serious damage. But unless that damage is leading to kills, it doesn't really mean jack !@#$. If I stand around pounding on a healer for a few minutes and clock up a couple of million damage before failing to kill them due to their ability to heal outlasting me, and then somebody else comes along and manages to burst them into oblivion within ten seconds, dealing a total of only 300k damage, who's doing better, me or them?

Also, yes, you're a warlock. Your utility is extremely useful, and sometimes the time it takes to fear somebody is worth more than the damage you could put out in that time.

TL;DR your team sounds like derps.
Edited by Bikaito on 11/30/2012 2:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
are you making the best use of Havoc & Chaos Bolt on cursed targets for the extra magic damage? I hate when I forget to get the curse up and end up spreading the curse through Havoc. then i have to incinerate.

Also, to get big numbers, it usually means a Fire and Brimstone plus Immolate spread if people are clumped up. That way you have damage going whilst you CC. Z

You're probably fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
A vicious game for me is about 10-12 million. I think personally good is above 8 million for offensive DPS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]