Where should my Night Elf come from?

89 Night Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Takehikò
But a lot of people liking it, which they do, automatically makes it good.

That is not how logic works.

I'm 14, what do you expect? ;)

That's not an excuse. It also explains a lot.

I only read the important parts.

Death is kind of important.

Kid ranges from an age of 8-13. Making them escape now would make them between 18-23, fits a story line.

Night Elven children do not come of age until they're around 300. At 23 they're still barely more than an infant.
Reply Quote

Cycle of Hatred
Manual of Monsters
Alliance & Horde Compendium
Magic & Mayhem
The Well of Eternity
The Demon Soul
The Sundering
Lands of Conflict begins»
Dragon Hunt
Shadows of Ice
Lands of Conflict ends»
Ghostlands

Rise of the Qiraji

World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game
Lands of Mystery
More Magic and Mayhem ends«
World of Warcraft begins»
Battles break out in Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley
Assault on Blackwing Lair
Zul'Gurub
Dragons of Nightmare
The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj are reopened.
Naxxramas appears over Stratholme
Alliance Player's Guide
Horde Player's Guide
Monster Guide
Dark Factions

Shadows & Light ends«
Rise of the Horde ends
World of Warcraft (Wildstorm comic)

Siege of Outland

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade begins»
War in Outland
The Dark Portal Opens under the command of Lord Kazzak. His forces are defeated by the Argent Dawn and Alliance and Horde forces. The latter create settlements in Outland.
A Legion counterattack fails. The Portal is closed.
Blood elves under Kael'thas capture Tempest Keep. The Exodar escapes, ending up on Azeroth. With the power of the Keep's naaru, M'uru, the Blood Knights gain new powers.
Black Temple: Illidan killed at the hands of Akama, Maiev and the Ashtongue Deathsworns.
Battle of Zul'Aman: Zul'jin killed.
Kael'thas and his felblood minions took M'uru to the Sunwell Plateau. Lady Liadrin's Blood Knights joined the Shattered Sun Offensive, along with the Aldor and Scryer factions.
Fury of the Sunwell: Kael'thas attempted to summon Kil'jaeden, but was defeated.
The Dragons of Outland
Tyrygosa seems to heal Malygos's insanity.

War against the Scourge

Night of the Dragon
Nexus War
War against the Lich King starts
Zombie Infestation
The Scourge begin regular attacks on Stormwind City and Orgrimmar
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King begins»
Arthas: Rise of the Lich King ends«
Battle of Angrathar the Wrathgate
Battle for the Undercity
Broken Front
Secrets of Ulduar
Defeat of Algalon the Observer
The Argent Tournament
Battle at the Isle of Conquest
Battle at Icecrown Citadel
Fall of the Lich King
The Black Dragonflight invades the Ruby Sanctum
Gnomes retake Gnomeregan's surface
Trolls retake Echo Isles
Gilneas civil war
Stormrage

Post-apocalyptic Azeroth

39 (Five years after the start of Wrath of the Lich King, three years since Arthas' death)

The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm begins»
The Shattering, Deathwing returns to Azeroth
Invasion of Gilneas
Curse of the Worgen ends«[3]
Genn Greymane: Lord of His Pack ends«[3]
Second battle of Mount Hyjal
Island at Vashj'ir appears
Conflict breaks out at Tol Barad

So it's been from the year about 28 to what 39? That's 11 years the Orcs have known that creatures called Night Elves exist.

Night Elves would still be like an infant at this age I am pretty sure.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Takehikò
Dafuq? How do you remember all this?!

It's called a wiki. You should probably check into it.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Ravinsild
39 (Five years after the start of Wrath of the Lich King, three years since Arthas' death)

Er. No.

Cataclysm did not start five years after Arthas' death. It kind of started relatively soon after.

I would say less than a month or two.
Reply Quote
All of that said; by the time Orcs found Kalimdor they had demonblood again, and ended up killing Cenarius who was a revered and favored God or Demi-God of the Night Elves.

The two races hate each other. Period. No if's ands or butts.

Regardless of what age the Elf Was found they would a) Remember Cenarius and the demon blood and try to kill them b) be too young to know anything and in 11 years have grown very little. As in would still be too young to be raised for any significant amount of time by Orcs.

If an Orc saw a Night Elf they would probably just kill it. It's what they do. They kill Elves because they want their lumber and resources.

That is LITERALLY what started the war with Cenarius anyway; Orcs cutting down trees.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
If I grit my teeth harder at this panda they are going to explode like Fragmentation grenades. Yes creativity is important but so is use of pre-standing lore. Were this a case of independent development in a world where any of that made or could be made to make since those scenarios would be acceptable however this isn't a new or player-mutable world, like what your friends would come up with for a new DnD setting. This is Azeroth, a world with a long and colorful history with ample knowledge on all its races and power groups whether they are relativly new to the scene or old as the mountains themselves.

Your offers make little since in the game world. Your suggestions would be like me claiming to have been beyond the dark portal, living with the Draenei, and covertly attempting to stop the first war. That's creative right? Yes. However it is complete and total tripe! It's riddled with impossibilities. Avoid impossibilities. The scenarios you proposed would create characters that are preposterous Mary-Sues, unrealistically ( for the setting) characterized and powered. No character is unstoppable (or even capable of such actions at that young an age. Robbing an army? Seriously? A child against a faction of blood crazed barbaric monsters. Yeesh that was unreasonably harsh to the horde.) not even a single group can accomplish everything on it's own. Even the Argent Crusade (A group full of powerful champions with a leader armed to the teeth with a weapon of LEGEND and the magnanimity of Mahatma Gandhi...ok so that's an exaggeration but still.) required the assistance of the Faction Champions to have even a Fighting chance at toppling the Lich King.

On an unrelated note, Aylisaes I do have to ask, is there any documentation on Physical Maturation for Kaldorei and if so were? I've never actually encountered it or if I have I don't recall.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Aylisaes

Er. No.

Cataclysm did not start five years after Arthas' death. It kind of started relatively soon after.

I would say less than a month or two.

Yo I was quoting the unofficial time line from the Wiki. The point stands there is an 11 year gap or less for a Night Elf to have been raised by an Orc which a) wouldn't have happened or b) wouldn't make a difference since it will still be a baby anyway and could not adventure regardless.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Faber
On an unrelated note, Aylisaes I do have to ask, is there any documentation on Physical Maturation for Kaldorei and if so were? I've never actually encountered it or if I have I don't recall.

All of the information we have trails back to the RPG. There is no other source of information on the matter. At all.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Ravinsild
Yo I was quoting the unofficial time line from the Wiki. The point stands there is an 11 year gap or less for a Night Elf to have been raised by an Orc which a) wouldn't have happened or b) wouldn't make a difference since it will still be a baby anyway and could not adventure regardless.

There is no 'official' line from the Wiki. Blizzard does not update it or control any part of it. Their own timeline is woefully inadequate.

Wrath did not last three years. There was certainly no two year timeskip between Arthas dying and Cataclysm beginning. It was at the most a couple of months.

This was even clarified by a Blizzard dev(In a post I've forgotten and don't have fast enough internet to look up in any reasonable amount of time) as there being: Vanilla lasted 1 year, BC lasted a year, Wrath lasted a year, Cataclysm lasted a year, and MoP begin -directly- after Cataclysm, literally within hours of Deathwing's death.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Ah I was curious because I see people claiming to be childish or young adults at a various hundreth year and find myself thinking, that's all well and good but do we actually know how long it takes an Elven Child to mature and does the loss of their Vaunted Immortality change anything...Also where the High Elves ever long lived? I have heard very little to nothing outside of player attestment on the matter and what I have was vague at best. I'm wondering if it isn't just a Dungeons and Dragons/Tolkein based Logic leap.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Aylisaes

There is no 'official' line from the Wiki. Blizzard does not update it or control any part of it. Their own timeline is woefully inadequate.

Wrath did not last three years. There was certainly no two year timeskip between Arthas dying and Cataclysm beginning. It was at the most a couple of months.

This was even clarified by a Blizzard dev(In a post I've forgotten and don't have fast enough internet to look up in any reasonable amount of time) as there being: Vanilla lasted 1 year, BC lasted a year, Wrath lasted a year, Cataclysm lasted a year, and MoP begin -directly- after Cataclysm, literally within hours of Deathwing's death.

I'm literally supporting your argument that a night elf would never be raised by an Orc. Why are you tearing in to me? If you have an issue go to wowwiki.com and make the changes yourself. It's an open source site. I didn't write it. I just copy and pasted it.

To show that Orcs haven't been there long enough, and Night Elves don't grow fast enough for that back story to be plausible.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
There were two sources. One was the RPG. One was something else in the RPG(An age chart, I think?) that listed elven maturity as being something like 110 years.

Either way ten years is nothing.

11/28/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Faber
Also where the High Elves ever long lived?

Dath'remar Sunstrider(a High Elf and Kael'thas's father, I believe) lived several thousand years.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
I'm literally supporting your argument that a night elf would never be raised by an Orc. Why are you tearing in to me? If you have an issue go to wowwiki.com and make the changes yourself. It's an open source site. I didn't write it. I just copy and pasted it.

To show that Orcs haven't been there long enough, and Night Elves don't grow fast enough for that back story to be plausible.

I'm not tearing into anyone. Supporting my argument or not, supplying incorrect information isn't the best thing to do. I'm correcting it. Nothing more.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
71987[u]045739:

EDIT: Also, would it be a cliche to say that I just woke up from the dream? Say I missed everything since right after the third war?

Sorry back to the topic, no it wouldn't be. There's been massive turmoil within the emerald dream since the Legion marched on Hyjal. If you are returning from that you would most likely be awakening from a barrow. There some older ones in Stonetalon, Ashenvale, Moon Glade, Fel-wood... As for where you -come- from though that's all on you your life before the big nap so to speak. However on the Barrow Dens, those places would have been relativly safe if long ago you went under but if it was in the span of the last 10 years or so you'd have likely found yourself in Ashenvale near Astranaar, the sanctuary of Moon Glade, Stonetalon or possibly Teldrassil due largely in part to a majority of Southern and central Kalimdor becoming disaterously unsafe or even corrupted.
Reply Quote

I'm not tearing into anyone. Supporting my argument or not, supplying incorrect information isn't the best thing to do. I'm correcting it. Nothing more.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wowwiki.com%2FTimeline&ei=U222UKakJ4aQ9gSxsIGwDA&usg=AFQjCNEjM96m0SIrsPcbvyeUhcjzdZ8K0g&sig2=YEF47w0wN65rhH75NdxX1A

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDoQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wowwiki.com%2FTimeline_(unofficial)&ei=U222UKakJ4aQ9gSxsIGwDA&usg=AFQjCNHqbpGJaMubn8F2FTTvFRjhWmAXrg&sig2=AMkxpnCewVrDprsVP3EViQ

There. I used the second link (Unofficial).

Feel free to correct the information, not me. I was using what resources I had most readily available (first two links in google.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
okay let me get this straight...a young 14 year old lvl 26 panda player that no one has ever heard of who apparently claims he is an awesome rper ( doubtful ) on moonguard (lol) who partakes in Kingdom rp's, claims he is a king and says guards from human kingdoms would let him be a guard and has come in here blatantly suggesting lore be broken, molded, bent and twisted to fit your whim?

I know you may think you are great but I have a feeling you are new-ish to rp or wow in general (At least a wrath baby probably)

Blizzard sets the lore and the story, you can't go around changing or bending it to your whim.

Also Gilneas has many residents. Albiet all military, no civilians, but residents none the less. Lore wise Gilneas is in Alliance control and is occupied by The Gilneas Liberation Front under Crowley, Bloodfang and his feral pack and Stormwind's 7th legion.

On-topic!

I want to get into role playing, and I also wanted to try out the Alliance (all of my toons are Horde right now), so I thought I would roll a night elf. I think I've got a good personality and stuff worked out, and a sort of short backstory, but I can't figure out where I should come from. You have to be 400 years old or something to be an adult, right? So what cities were there? Should I just come from some forest?

Sorry if this is a bad place to ask.

EDIT: Also, would it be a cliche to say that I just woke up from the dream? Say I missed everything since right after the third war?

female druids are new, only appearing after the 3rd war so she would never have been in the dream as all the druids (who were male at the time) were woken then. Where you were born would probably be Ashenvale or Mt.Hyjal and you will have to think of what you were prior to being a druid. A sentinel? A priestess? A common civilian? That is of course you could only have been a druid for about a decade.
Edited by Drewan on 11/28/2012 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Stop Take. Just stop. You did not find Anduin, he was recovered by the Horde where eventually he escaped and ventured largely on his own. This isn't good Roleplay, this is poorly written Fan-fiction that ignores the story of it's own source. Your story is soul wrenchingly bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]