Where should my Night Elf come from?

90 Human Death Knight
This thread needs Hal in it.

HAL! HALP!
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
Please tell me that you did not say "2v1" in the same breath as actually trying to do anything RP-related.

In the same thread where you tout yourself as such an amazing Rper.

What's RP?

((I use the word 2v1 in real life, I'm sure people used the word versus in the time of WoW and i'm sure they had numbers. Thus 2v1.))

You say "Two vs one". You do not say "2v1" because you cannot pronounce a number. You use the name for that number. Which is two.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
"Two versus one"

f'xd
Reply Quote
In terms of real life speaking I feel "Two against one" or "Two on one" is more appropriate. Especially when considering pick up basketball two on one seems to be the common phrase. Just saying.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
You can say contractions. Vs is a contraction of versus without an apostrophe.

Unless I'm completely forgetting what I learned in English. Which is possible.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
11/28/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Takehikò
I didn't know we were in school. I knew I was at the moment sense I'm 14 but still...

It's more about 'proper' RP than it is about being in school.

You look better as an Rper if you don't type things like "lol" or numbers. You look more literate and credible.
Reply Quote
Why even bother with the area?

There's much more fruitful and productive areas of roleplaying.

Take the center of Duskwood for example, the "Twilight Grove".

The entrance is a bit hard to find, but people are there often enough.

I just don't know why anyone wastes their time in Goldshire of all places.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
There's lots of people there and they'll accept anything you bring, even if that's a half-catgirl-half dragon loli with large... feet.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Aylisaes
There's lots of people there and they'll accept anything you bring, even if that's a half-catgirl-half dragon loli with large... feet.

Oh you mean Goldshire.

Suddenly every thing makes sense.

I don't really go there so I don't know about it. I'm too busy doing dailies and farming silk cloth for tailoring.

Also RPing and writing stories with my guild.

But mostly dailies. Seriously, they take awhile.
Reply Quote
Why even bother with the area?

There's much more fruitful and productive areas of roleplaying.

Take the center of Duskwood for example, the "Twilight Grove".

The entrance is a bit hard to find, but people are there often enough.

I just don't know why anyone wastes their time in Goldshire of all places.

I RP in goldshire only as a warm-up RP. We don't do much really. My guildies that are my friends (the people I don't really talk to I just consider acquaintances) made our story line in the alliance, which we add on to everyday starting in goldshire. We have a similar story line, running from Pandaria, but we are travlers of a different sort in the alliance lands. I am a traveling Zen Master, exploring the alliance lands looking for a permanent home. All good rpers should have a warm-up RP. I made the mistake before of not doing a warm-up RP. It was a mistake because I was a bad RPer. It was only 5 of us and I was hardly speaking, and when I was speaking I looked like a noob RPer. It was with 2 new guildies too, and they left because of it.

Role playing is essentially acting. The art of acting comes differently to different people. Different "good actors" have different habits.

It is in bad form to say "All good role players should do this, because this is how you know you're good." I don't do warm up RP because I don't need to.

Trying to dictate any form of roleplaying as "The right way to role play" is typically frowned upon. It depends entirely on your crowd of people and what they accept.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Warrior
Dailies. :|
Reply Quote

I RP in goldshire only as a warm-up RP. We don't do much really. My guildies that are my friends (the people I don't really talk to I just consider acquaintances) made our story line in the alliance, which we add on to everyday starting in goldshire. We have a similar story line, running from Pandaria, but we are travlers of a different sort in the alliance lands. I am a traveling Zen Master, exploring the alliance lands looking for a permanent home. All good rpers should have a warm-up RP. I made the mistake before of not doing a warm-up RP. It was a mistake because I was a bad RPer. It was only 5 of us and I was hardly speaking, and when I was speaking I looked like a noob RPer. It was with 2 new guildies too, and they left because of it.

Role playing is essentially acting. The art of acting comes differently to different people. Different "good actors" have different habits.

It is in bad form to say "All good role players should do this, because this is how you know you're good." I don't do warm up RP because I don't need to.

Trying to dictate any form of roleplaying as "The right way to role play" is typically frowned upon. It depends entirely on your crowd of people and what they accept.

My underlined parts of your paragraph, and what I say and underlined match up pretty well.

That is to say; I'm not putting words in your mouth. I am extrapolating from what you said after directly quoting you.

"All good rpers should have a warm-up RP" in your case.

"All good role players should do this" in my case.

Replace "this" with have a warm-up RP. We have now said the same thing.

Now I veer off in extrapolation with "Because this is how you know you're good." Where as you say the same thing, only inverted with negatives which is "I made the mistake before of not doing a warm-up RP. It was a mistake because I was a bad RPer."

As in "I'm a bad roleplayer because I don't do a warm up RP" as directly stated by you. Or "All good role players should do a warm up RP" which is what you said.

This dictates how to role play.

I am not putting words in your mouth, I am quoting you then saying an inverse of what you said with positives in a sarcastic way "This is how I know I'm good" instead of "I didn't do this, and it made me a bad RPer".
Edited by Ravinsild on 11/28/2012 2:34 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]