Dancing Steel DW nerf?

Pre-patch a dual wielder could have had 2 dancing steel procs active at a time. It's been the same with every top-end weapon enchant, going all the way back to mongoose.

But as of today, dancing steel merely refreshes, rather than proc'ing a 2nd active one.

Bug or intended? It's a kind of big nerf.
Edited by Therogué on 11/27/2012 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://www.bollyfirst.com/image-library/port/376/s/south-park-sarah-jessica-parker.jpg

inspiration for Xmog?
Reply Quote
Yes.

Yes it was.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Would really like a response to this.

Is windsong superior to DS now for the offhand?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Really curious about this.
Reply Quote
With the value of agi at lower gear levels, this'll really be felt in challenge modes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I don't see how this can be intended. You were always have to double proc landslide.
Reply Quote
And mongoose. and executioner.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I hope we hear something relatively soon.. I'm a little distraught by this currently
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Hoping this is a bug, otherwise hooray waste of 6k.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
From what I have read it just refreshes the buff now. Giving it a really high up time.

It's still a 400-1000 DPS boost over DS/WS as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
80% uptime isn't so terrible.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Remember dancing steel is on RPPM now. If RPPM works in such a way that you get double the uptime dualwielding the same enchant, that is perfectly fine. In other words, if it doesn't overlap.

If it works out to be substantially less than double, I would treat that as a bug unless the devs say it's intentional. That would mean they don't intend players to use the same enchant on both hands, which seems unlikely, but you never know.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Not quite... because on a class by class basis having more uptime on dancing steel could be better than having windsong procs up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Executioner never double procced.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]