Stealth 4pc Holy pvp nerf

90 Human Paladin
So divine purpose procs use to give back 1 holy power before 5.1 now it doesn't. Is this a stealth nerf or is it a bug? The pve 4pc was buffed I assume to make it better then the pvp 4 set for pve. So it was unecessary to nerf the pvp 4pc as it will make a large difference in arena and rated bgs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Even with the buff to T14 the PvP set was still too powerful for PvE.

I don't think it was the right way to nerf it though, and it hurt PvP unnecessarily.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Isn't it more accurate to say that this is a BUG FIX?

"when you cast WoG using 3 holy power"

A DP proc doesn't "use" any holy power (will consume no holy power). It's cast "as if it HAD used 3 holy power" which, in my opinion, means it does not "use" holy power.

Meh, semantics. It needed to be changed/fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If it isn't a bug it is a nerf. If it was intended it needed to be posted in the changes. Not just switched without saying anything.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
If they made patch notes for every bug fix they ever made we would have a lot of material to read =p

I certainly understand the frustration with the "ninja" change, but I would say it's 'working as intended' after the recent change. Clear communication about these things would be nice though =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This isn't a small change. Its a way bigger change then almost anything else listed on the patch notes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This still isn't fixed. Can we get some sort of clarification if this is intended or not.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
11/29/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Maldobarr
This still isn't fixed. Can we get some sort of clarification if this is intended or not.

"When you cast Word of Glory using 3 Holy Power you will gain 1 Holy Power."

Divine Purpose doesn't make you use any Holy Power. Bug fix, deal with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/27/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Maldobarr
This isn't a small change. Its a way bigger change then almost anything else listed on the patch notes.

Did any Paladins truly believe they were intended to be able to roll Eternal Flame on 5+ targets infinitely? You're not a HoT class just because a bugged PvP set let you be for a couple weeks.

It's gone now, intentionally. Now you're going to have to play your class the way it was intended to be, how awful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Never used it, and I hope the ones that did, didn't lean on it too much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Mintia

I disagree with your interpretation. The Divine purpose tooltip says "Your Next holy power ability will CONSUME no holy power and will cast as if 3 holy power were CONSUMED"

I belive consume being the most important part to note. Now the 4pc pvp set says "When casting word of glory USING 3 holy power you get 1 holy power back."

So is consuming 3 holy power the same as using 3 holy power? Apparently it was before 5.1
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Semantics do not equal a loophole to Blizzard. Just stop trying to crusade over this absurdly stupid cause. Holy Paladins were putting out more HPS than intended with a PvP 4-piece, now they're not. Bonuses change all the time and you can't really expect such easily obtainable gear to be so useful for high-end raiding.
Edited by Qùess on 11/29/2012 3:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/29/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Qùess
Semantics do not equal a loophole to Blizzard. Just stop trying to crusade over this absurdly stupid cause. Holy Paladins were putting out more HPS than intended with a PvP 4-piece, now they're not. Bonuses change all the time and you can't really expect such easily obtainable gear to be so useful for high-end raiding.

Can I expect them to be usefull in pvp? The loophole if it is even a loophole and not a bug is one of the few examples of talents interacting with each other in a interesting way that blizzard has come up with. I guess it shouldn't suprise me that it might have been a mistake.
Edited by Maldobarr on 11/29/2012 4:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/29/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Qùess

Pretty much this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ITT: Pallies who were carried by the pvp 4 pc that don't know how to heal otherwise crying about not being able to use 0 mana and top meters.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/29/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Maldobarr

I disagree with your interpretation. The Divine purpose tooltip says "Your Next holy power ability will CONSUME no holy power and will cast as if 3 holy power were CONSUMED"

I belive consume being the most important part to note. Now the 4pc pvp set says "When casting word of glory USING 3 holy power you get 1 holy power back."

So is consuming 3 holy power the same as using 3 holy power? Apparently it was before 5.1

This is a crazy argument. "Consume" is the important part, but mostly where it says "will consume no holy power". It doesn't matter whether it 'acts' like it consumes holy power because it doesn't.

The game had it wrong, people benefited from it. If you didn't think it would get changed, and you think it's unjustifiable, I don't think you're seeing the big picture.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm glad that I hate pvp enough to not bother with grinding that set.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It was also probably meant to tone down the number of instants Holy Pally's can get off in PVP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

This is a crazy argument. "Consume" is the important part, but mostly where it says "will consume no holy power". It doesn't matter whether it 'acts' like it consumes holy power because it doesn't.

The game had it wrong, people benefited from it. If you didn't think it would get changed, and you think it's unjustifiable, I don't think you're seeing the big picture.

I can see the argument for either way truthfully. Regardless I think it was a significant enough change to warrent a patch note if it is an intended change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]