ITS SPREADING
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
11/29/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Yoloswagqt
Adaptation....What's that?

Stop....that name is horrible.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I've been playing my rogue as my main toon since vanilla, im no pro but I've gotten to 2k+ in arenas. so I like to think im not terrible. But I'd like to describe a situation for you guys real quick:

osht im at 1/2 hp cloak / vanish gtfo ... cool i should be fine
... find a low geared huntard backpeddling off by himself in a corner, he's at around 30%hp.
too easy i think to myself, cheap shot mutilate mutilate kidney shot
at this point im thinking to myself o ffs is he really not dead yet.
he ends up still being alive after my KS, just barely and then does his little cant be hit bull!@#$ and hops away like a fairy into the night, his pet stuns me and at this point a warrior from out of nowhere charges me and I'm dead before i can even think osht a warrior.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU...

combat log:
Mortal Strike hit You 30,000+
Heroic Strike hit You 80,000+
Execute hit You 100,000+

i took a look a bit further back on the combat logs and my 5 combo point envenoms are doing like 20,000ish and this warrior just walks up and smacks me in the mouth from 1/2 hp to dead in 2 GCD's?

clearly this is my own fault, i mean i shouldn't have come out of stealth at all. ever. for any reason.

my suggestion to rogues: stay in stealth until 5.2
Reply Quote
I am an extremely skilled ninja. It's common knowledge that when the game launched all the skilled players chose rogues while the noobs picked all the other classes
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
/sigh at all the BC+ babies missing obvious Roguecraft references.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Basically, wait until the end of MoP, then it will be fine.
Reply Quote
Just wait till level 3.
Reply Quote
79 Night Elf Rogue
We are "ok" , not bad but not great.. In cata you just pushed 3 buttons and the target was dead already, now you struggle and fight longer but we can manage to get kills anyway and our cc's are awesome
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/29/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Dithrain
/sigh at all the BC+ babies missing obvious Roguecraft references.

:(

Laugh at the start of ep2 still kills me even though its been 7 years now... Just cannot get over it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/28/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Sociopaths
Rogues are much better than they were pre patch, blizzard is making sure they do not overbuff the class just to nerf it, rogues might need some mobility but rogues scale so well with gear and weapons that their damage gets out of hand rather quickley.

Our damage is fine and will probably be out of hand as we gear up later into the xpac.

Its the mobility that kills us right now, getting kited for entire arena games sucks (and before anyone says just have it dispelled, hunters conc shot cannot be dispelled, nor can hamstring, etc).

That and the amount of CC currently is outrageous.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
ep2?
Reply Quote
Warlocks are mushrooms :(
<---
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
A rogue needs every cooldown to even COMPETE with other classes! I need them ALL to kill ANYONE. And in battlegrounds I need to fight CONSTANTLY. Other than that ONE fight every 5 minutes I'm a free honor kill.

/inb4 someone takes all the cookies.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
A rogue needs every cooldown to even COMPETE with other classes! I need them ALL to kill ANYONE. And in battlegrounds I need to fight CONSTANTLY. Other than that ONE fight every 5 minutes I'm a free honor kill.

I am not trying to be mean bro, but I don't really think it is the class that is the problem for you. Watch some rogue pvp videos and practice, rogues are a control class..... people forgot that when cata rogues were destroying people, i personally quit after i saw i could kill someone in a shadowdance with the first stage daggers.

Rogues are in a pretty good place right now, a small tweak to mobility like dropping Burst of speed down to about 30 energy and shadowstep having a 18 second cool down would most likely fix that issue.

Right now rogues aren't innocent, my damage in upgraded honor pvp gear could be compared to a frost mages damage with cool down stacking taking place with anticipation.

rogues will scale, at least sub and combat will..... eventually mutilate will fall behind in damage slightly because attack power coefficients vs weapon damage based attacks are a joke.

TL;DR

Rogues are pretty good, if buffed in the wrong area they could become overpowered and then we could get nerfed into the ground like blizzard tends to accidentally do.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue

I am not trying to be mean bro, but I don't really think it is the class that is the problem for you. Watch some rogue pvp videos and practice, rogues are a control class..... people forgot that when cata rogues were destroying people, i personally quit after i saw i could kill someone in a shadowdance with the first stage daggers.

Rogues are in a pretty good place right now, a small tweak to mobility like dropping Burst of speed down to about 30 energy and shadowstep having a 18 second cool down would most likely fix that issue.

Right now rogues aren't innocent, my damage in upgraded honor pvp gear could be compared to a frost mages damage with cool down stacking taking place with anticipation.

rogues will scale, at least sub and combat will..... eventually mutilate will fall behind in damage slightly because attack power coefficients vs weapon damage based attacks are a joke.

TL;DR

Rogues are pretty good, if buffed in the wrong area they could become overpowered and then we could get nerfed into the ground like blizzard tends to accidentally do.

.../facepalm
Edited by Keljran on 11/30/2012 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

TL;DR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnvn0swfviw
Here you should watch this so you get the joke.
And if any rogue hasn't ever seen all three episodes before I suggest you should. It's required rogue digest.
Edited by Scuffy on 11/30/2012 3:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm just going to say that when people say rogues suck they're talking about PvP not PvE.

-__-
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
11/28/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Sephara
Rogue are fine at my modest level of skill. I mean I can cap 2s every week with my DK partner, though the win loss ratio is shaky at best. If that's what you mean by fine, yeah we're fine. I don't think I'd say we're good, though we are becoming more playable. I'm enjoying the blind and vanish changes.

they reduced the blind by 30 seconds and put vanish back to where it used to be.

so by saying you like what they did, your really saying you liked it before they !@#$ed with our mobility, and then put it back to where it was
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]