Krasarang Wilds - a PVP situation report

90 Goblin Hunter
So I'm quite liking that Blizz has introduced some more world PVP objectives, this time in the Krasarang Wilds, and it's fun to see how it plays out in the story between the Horde and Alliance. However, I've noticed some things that perhaps could use some clarification from others. I've noticed the Horde base, Domination Point, is, itself, being dominated by Alliance NPCs. We have Gnomes in helicopters flying above our base and Alliance NPCs running in at their leisure. Additionally, Alliance players can hover in the air directly over Domination Point without fear of being dismounted by Horde NPCs. Contrast this to the Alliance base, Lion’s Landing. If I get even remotely close to it, gryphons slam me with hammers and dismount me. The only Horde NPCs attacking are on the very outskirts of the territory; not actually inside Lion’s Landing itself. In short, it seems the Horde base is being invaded by the Alliance soldiers while the Alliance base is humming along quite comfortably, void of any real harassment.

Now this may just be a matter of being phased differently depending on what the daily quests are for that day, but we’re on the 2nd day now and I still see a complete void of air support to protect Domination Point while I lose count of all the gryphon riders lobbing hammers at inquisitive Hordies over at Lion’s Landing.

Maybe this is the Alliance’s time to be in the spotlight. After all, it was our boy, Thrall, that saved the freaking world last expansion. Not to mention I know a number of Horde who wouldn’t mind seeing Garrosh get deposed (though he does make for good drama between Horde leaders), so someone has to do it, and I suppose the Alliance is as good a candidate as any, which might come to a head through this increasing conflict we find in Krasarang Wilds and why it seems the Alliance has the advantage.

Well, there’s my perspective from the Horde. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
World PvP so far has been a lot of fun, there's only two things I think that could make it better.

1. The capture points don't offer a bonus significant enough to care to actually hold them, other than the GY. Give us something that we actually want to hold, the only thing the points are good for now is locating a flagged enemy.

2. More honor.

You should probably talk to your goblin engineers about why your flak cannons do no damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
So far I am really starting to like this new set of dailies, and normally I hating doing dailies with a passion that happens to consume my soul. I think the fresh addition of World PvP was a nice touch to this expansion.

Flying around the two camps, I agree that the horde seem to be doing poorly during this invasion, but maybe the storyline may change drastically, or the battle may slowly even out somehow. Also i think Domination Point does need some upgrades, but you gotta realize that some of our quests are in your camp; Same with you, you have multiple quests that involve going into the forwardmost base and kill stuff.

As far as the nodes i think the buff from the towers need to be evened out. As I have noticed it seems to be one hell of a tenacity buff, like wintergrasp all over again. Now normally i would not mind this but, if you look at your buff compared to the alliance, the horde seem to have about a 15-20% difference every time. IDK if it is due to population imbalance or what but I would like it to be evened out. Put the buff from the towers at a max of 5-10% perhaps.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I'm not so sure making the buff from the towers only 5-10% would improve the situation, although I have seen a great variation in how strong the buff is. I've seen it as strong as +25% health & damage and as little as 12%. What is the determining factor? I can only speculate.
Edited by Leptis on 12/4/2012 6:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/03/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Leptis
What is the determining factor? I can only speculate.

Honestly idk what it is. I just thought it was another Tenacity buff from wintergrasp...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
On my server, the buff is capped at 1% for Alliance and has never been less than 23-25% for Horde... The Alliance guards have 750k hp and the Horde guards have 2.2-3million. Idk what is causing this but I have never seen more Alliance in the zone than Horde and it makes it almost impossible to take/def towers when even a 1v1 is that lopsided... I am very frustrated at this currently so I am sorry if I am rambling...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
On Frostwolf, Alliance consistently get 25% buff while we literally only get 1%. I too would like to know what determines this. Also, completely one sided when their guards have 2.7 million hp and Hordes have 750k!
Edited by Moostashride on 12/4/2012 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
I too would like to know the determining factor, Dalaran alliance gets 1% and horde gets 25%
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/04/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Galaga
I too would like to know the determining factor, Dalaran alliance gets 1% and horde gets 25%

It could be like stacks of tenacity in WG.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]