Sad Onyxia mount doesnt have a FoS

90 Human Warlock
Why is it the White Hawkstrider has one but not Onyxia's? :(

(Crazy week so far, yesterday i got onys mount, day before i got the kara pony, and day before that i got the mammoth from VoA....i think i should go play powerball...)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Onyxia already has a FoS for being killed at 60.

Next you'll want a FoS for dodging all breaths before achievements came out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
What does onyxia's level 60 achievement have to do with getting the mount? O.o
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
It is a bit weird to have one for mounts that are a lot rarer. But... perhaps you should just be happy that it dropped.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I suppose it was a just a poor attempt to strike up a conversations, thanks for the replies tho.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Probably would have been better off with a post in the mount collectors support thread, can tell us of your latest drops/compare numbers and get to know some other like minded mount collectors if that's your thing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not a fos for the same reason the firehawk and DS mounts aren't or even timelost/aeonaxx/poiseidus hell even every single rare mount since BC that had a 1% or less drop chance if everything were to give one then what is the entire point of fos when they're meant to be "harder" to get?

While i do think more mounts should give fos there is a point where a line needs to be drawn so that every mount above a certain gold cost or less than a certain % dropchance or even just a rare spawn don't all have a fos tied to them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
11/28/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Nery
As someone who had an Onyxia mount since WotLK, this needs to happen.

whether or not you have the mount doesn't make your opinion carry any more or less weight
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I think consistency is most peoples issue with this, you have mounts like Onyxia, TLPD, Aeonaxx etc with no FOS then you have a brown bear from a vendor in Dalaran granting 10 achievement points.

Having said that its all up to them as to which mounts carry FOS/achievement points and which don't but their ideas on whats deserving and what isn't seem all screwed up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I don't really like the idea of mount achievements at all. I'd prefer achievements to be something you weren't really going to do before. Something along the lines of "Is Another Man's Treasure" or "Well Read".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think consistency is most peoples issue with this, you have mounts like Onyxia, TLPD, Aeonaxx etc with no FOS then you have a brown bear from a vendor in Dalaran granting 10 achievement points.

Having said that its all up to them as to which mounts carry FOS/achievement points and which don't but their ideas on whats deserving and what isn't seem all screwed up.

This is pretty much it. There are a lot of mounts that don't have FOS. I dont understand why camel hoarder deserves one but Aeonaxx doesnt. You can't even really say Aeonaxx has a buddy like TLPD does (It does, but odds are you're gonna miss it if youre not in the right spot as it spawns)

I think that all small raid % drops should have FOS attached to them (12-B, Flametalon, South wind, Astral cloud serpent, onyxia), but not the ones that were previously 100% (Handmaiden, Fire bird).

Im on the fence about dungeon drops. Yes, hawkstrider sets a precedent, but too many FOS looks bleh.
Edited by Eillesa on 11/28/2012 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
A FoS for getting a mount that has a 1 in 300 chance to drop and you can only try for once a week?

lol think about that one more time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Shouldn't you be happy you have the mount?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A FoS for getting a mount that has a 1 in 300 chance to drop and you can only try for once a week?lol think about that one more time.

Droprate doesn't really say much about it though when the 2 raid mounts in wrath were given a fos and both were 100% till the expac end. When deathcharger had a fos added for it the chance was still 1/1000 then they nerfed it to 1/100 making it require significantly less time investment so why wasn't that fos taken out when it was a giveaway compared to how it was?
All the BC mounts also had about a 1/100, 1/50 dropchance and yet they were given a fos too.

There's been quite a few raid mounts that have been added since ony was redone that also don't have a fos so what makes ony more special than other raids now especially when any 90 and their mother can solo it now drop chance aside. Off the top of my head i'll make a list of other mounts that don't have a fos that honestly take nothing more than alot of gold or time each one just as if not a little less "special" than the ony mount.

Aeonaxx - rarespawn, might see him every few days might seen him after several weeks.
Poiseidus - rarespawn, 3 day reset....but the zone in Vash'jir is big and anyone could get him.
Time Lost - rarespawn - random reset, could spawn on a daily basis or not even after a month.
Every jc/engineer mount added in mop - they're all more if not far more gold than the mechano hog so why don't they have an achievement?
Every rare drop mount ranging from 1/50-1/100 since BC - there are atleast 20 rare mounts in raids or dungeons that don't have anything either so why not add all of them?
Alani - dear god at this thing, you're complaining about ony not having a fos when you can faceroll the boss for a 1/300 chance? Try facerolling thousands if not hundreds of thousands of mobs for a 1/1000 drop and you need 10 of it....why out of everything that has been added is this not a fos?

As said before there is a point where a fos just doesn't feel like anything more than a normal achievement and if every single mount had a fos or achievement tied to it what would be special about it? Some rare mounts i like, alot i don't but the thrill of seeing that thing i've spent weeks if not months farming finally drop means far more than some achievement that carries little weight compared to the mount. Why give so many things a fos when people don't give 2 !@#$s about an achievement but when you shove that new mount in their face on the bank steps then thats when people start drooling.....not over a simple achievement.
Edited by Wilhelm on 11/28/2012 11:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]