dungeons you hate tanking

54 Worgen Druid
What are some instances in WoW you hate tanking in general, it can be because it's too long, short, no mobs, too many mobs, mechanics of fights ect..
Reply Quote
84 Orc Warrior
All of them
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Anything with more than 5 seconds of RP in it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Niernen

Energy... Power... My people are addicted to it...
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
Funny how the way WoW changes can change how you think about an instance.

When Wrath started, I loved Violet Hold. It forced a pace that was decent (for the time), and it was relatively fast, before everyone was geared to the teeth.

Then as people started getting geared, it seemed slower and slower by comparison. At the time I had opined that a "summon everything" button would be nice.

Playing it recently while leveling another tank, it felt like it took ages. It doesn't give a lot of experience, especially with how much time it takes to get between groups compared to the zerg rush that dungeons have become. I like dungeon crawls, but this game doesn't have them anymore, and the pace felt out of place.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
When we were still getting geared back in Cata:

- Grim Batol both regular and H
- H DM
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
11/28/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Drunkencrono
I like dungeon crawls, but this game doesn't have them anymore, and the pace felt out of place.

The Black Moras was he origonal. (might be spelling that way wrong)

I loved dungeon crawls. Coming from older mmo' and rpg's. I loved doing Shadow Labs and Shattered halls. Used to take forever and needed smart tactics, esp. before anyone had finished Kara.

Most recently I have a large disliking for shadow-pan monastery.

Oh! and the culling of stratholme. I think i'd rather be hit by a car then have to go through that dungeon again.
Edited by Verjeh on 11/28/2012 6:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mogu'shan Palace, currently.

The instance as a whole is not too bad. But the second boss is a NIGHTMARE. I can't get anyone to cc or - God forbid - focus down anything.

Meanwhile I'm sitting here, Rebuking the Ironhide and tossing my shield at the Oracle when I have a chance in between Shanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/28/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Oboron
I can't get anyone to cc

You shouldn't need CC. Having some on the Hexxer is nice, but he's more of an annoyance than anything else. If you want to, you're well equipped to provide needed CC yourself. Plus, if you toss a skull up on a mob, 9 times out of 10 the DPS will actually focus it (give them some credit). Even just briefly say something like "kill healer"; short and to the point, and focusing healers is a hard to argue piece of logic that can make it through the thickest of skulls.

Wait until the Ironhide pats toward the Oracle, hop down/run up, Repentance the Hexxer (or just AShield him to establish some starting threat), drop a consecrate to catch the Skulker if he decides to start toward an overzealous healer, then drag Gekkan and the Ironhide toward the Oracle and tank the group on top of the latter. Mark the Oracle if you'd like, otherwise just get into the motion of an AoE tanking rotation. Even if the DPS are meter watching fiends, they'll opt to AoE the nice, juicy pack you've lined up for them, and that will outmatch the Oracle's few heals they manage to get through while you're stunned. Once the Oracle is dead, drag the group back toward the Hexxer, Re-Repentance, then, by this point, you probably have enough threat to go afk for the rest of the fight, or just go through the motions of your mitigation rotation.

If the melee DPS in the group is halfway competent (or you just don't are about them), you can simply outrange the Skulker for each Shank cast.

Personally, I straight ignore the Hexxer while running toward Gekkan (and just say "CC Hexxer" right before the pull and hope someone does, but nbd if not), AShield him, judge the Ironhide, then go for a quick Repentance on the Skulker before quickly dragging the two others to the Oracle and hope no one touches my CC (people almost never do since they're typically still waiting for me to get the mobs all set up). As a paladin, I can easily compensate for the healer getting their cast time slowed with my own offheals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
1. Blackrock Spire.

When you inherit the instance and after a few pulls you realize that you are on the wrong side, “Um guys, we are queued for the lower side, why are we facing a giant 3 headed dog?”

2. Blackrock depths.

someone says, "I want to do heart of mountain."

That takes 2 fing hours, why would i do that when i can level out of this in half an hour?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I've had a strict no Mara policy in place for half a decade now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Nobody has any hate for The Oculus?

BRD can be a pain if you get a noob group that doesn't know what the standard run is these days. They should've broken it up or truncated it the way they did with Sunken Temple
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/28/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Missdotzalot
Nobody has any hate for The Oculus?

Oculus provides the entertainment factor of watching people struggle to control a vehicle with a grand total of 2 buttons to press. I'll mount up, fly the 4 seconds to the first trash pack, turn around, and spend 5 minutes watching people fail.

You can't buy that kind of comedy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I started to seriously hate all of the Hour of Twilight dungeons (or, Hour of Follow Thrall Around).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Mogu'shan Palace for me as well, but not because of what the guy above said. Entirely because of Skulkers. Yes, I know I can back out of the stun but still ASDFASDFAL;KVJDFA5SECONDSTUNCANBITEME.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Shado-pan. It's really the only one of the new instances I don't like.

11/28/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Søhmruk
H DM

AFK having flashbacks to H DM pre-nerf.

The trash... dear god the trash...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I don't remember DM being that bad, provided people knew what they were doing on the trash. Grim Batol on the other hand... it's become an expression between one of my friends and myself for anything terrible. "Well the weather today's a bit Grim Batol."

Also, another dungeon. VH with Ichoron (the water boss). I loathe that boss's voice. So annoying.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/28/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Divinestrom

Energy... Power... My people are addicted to it...

Ah, the infamous "sixth phase" of Kael'thas...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The last boss in the brewery and the mobs just before it. I hate those alementals and the damn "peppers!". The actual boss isn't too bad I guess unless dps wont kill the ads that heal him. Its that 3-4 packs as "uncle" perfects his alemental.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
Blackrock Depths and Blackrock Spire because they are not properly segregated.

ZF due to polymorph. Didn't even do temple because I knew it would be worse.

Occulus, because so many people fail at it.

Gundrak, because that stuff hit like a truck.

Stockades, because it is too short.

Wailing caverns, because it is too much running.

The Underbog, because it comes up for random every f'ing time.

All of them, because they don't drop enough tank loot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]