dungeons you hate tanking

85 Human Warrior

BRD - spent over a year farming this every day on my rogue often multiple runs a day for the damn HOJ never dropped

Oh god, if we're going back that far - yeah... finding groups that would BRD or LBRS/UBRS without wiping 12times an hour...was almost as bad as queuing LFD as DPS.

"Sap first, sheep second, I'll dash in on...NOT YET OH CRA-"

yeah...
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Something I hadn't thought about until it popped up for my monk. Wailing Caverns. The original. Spending two hours in Barrens chat trying to get a group together. Trying to explain how to get to the entrance. Trying to explain how to navigate the ridiculous maze of an instance inside.

People missing the !@#$ing jump and not knowing how to get back up.

/shudder
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I hate tanking most pre-BC dungeons.

I get so lost in them, it's rather embarrassing. Anything past that though, and I'm golden.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

BRD - spent over a year farming this every day on my rogue often multiple runs a day for the damn HOJ never dropped

Oh god, if we're going back that far - yeah... finding groups that would BRD or LBRS/UBRS without wiping 12times an hour...was almost as bad as queuing LFD as DPS.

"Sap first, sheep second, I'll dash in on...NOT YET OH CRA-"

yeah...

for me second i get to the BRD level range i leave group straight away and go respec as dps and just go dps quest all the way to level 60 before i start tanking again BRD makes me feel sick doing it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
can I ask....anyone else completely love the COT dungeons and want more?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Hmm. I'd have to say that there have only been two dungeons that I really didn't like: Oculus in WotLK and Gate of the Setting Sun in Pandaria.

Everyone remembers the drakes from Oculus, but I have to say that I actually hate Gate more.

It's a combination of pretty much everything that makes me angry:
1. Trash packs that don't follow aggro.
2. Smoke bomb.
3. Unbreakable stuns and knockdowns.
4. Scripted boss fights where your performance doesn't change the encounter at all.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The trash after Bomberman boss all the way up to the elevator can be skipped.
As soon as the 1st boss dies, start running. Throw any dots you have on the adds as you're running to get aggro.

Run across the bridge, jump to dodge Raigonn's charge thingy on the door, keep running to the elevator refreshing dots or just hitting the mobs once.

Have everyone rush onto the elevator; the mobs stop in their tracks... and just stand there.
Pop the elevator up to the 2nd boss, all your aggro vanishes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys

Are we talking about mop heroics?
If you oom in those then it means you're playing your class wrong. I've seen fresh 90 healers go start to finish with no mana issues, and others go oom after one pull.

I do the dungeons the exact same way everytime, so it's pebkac on their end.

Currently @ 556 heroic mop clears... 500 of those are satchels... too much spare time.

No we are not.

In MoP heroics, the dungeons are simple enough that usually, healers are well, bored. Usually they dps quite a bit and are looking for something to do. I once had a healer pull for me and apologize because they wanted a "thrill". In 490+ gear, mobs really don't do much to a dk tank playing properly. Often damage from mobs is less than the heals of a typical death strike.

What I would like to see is the return of more difficult dungeons. Difficult enough that they present a challenge to a pug, queuable, yet at the same time, completable by a pug. Maybe something slightly more difficult than challenge mode, although with no gear scaling restrictions and something that you can queue for.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
Hmm. I'd have to say that there have only been two dungeons that I really didn't like: Oculus in WotLK and Gate of the Setting Sun in Pandaria.

Everyone remembers the drakes from Oculus, but I have to say that I actually hate Gate more.

It's a combination of pretty much everything that makes me angry:
1. Trash packs that don't follow aggro.
2. Smoke bomb.
3. Unbreakable stuns and knockdowns.
4. Scripted boss fights where your performance doesn't change the encounter at all

Trash to the first boss is one pull, stack in smoke bomb.

Everything to 2nd boss can be ignored.

Pull all of the 3rd bosses trash with him.

Re-skip the trash you ignored and jump down to Raigonn.

Not sure what you mean by performance has no impact, you can do one weak spot jump and one bombing run with enough DPS
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
12/13/2012 05:44 AMPosted by Ðemolition
Not sure what you mean by performance has no impact, you can do one weak spot jump and one bombing run with enough DPS

He can't die in prey time, and he can't die during a bombing run. Given that those make up the majority of the fight...

IDK. It's a small thing, but it's on top of the rest of the dungeon being filled with completely obnoxious trash that it bugs me more than it normally would.

I'll give dodging the second boss' trash a shot, but convincing RDF pugs to not hit red things is like pulling teeth.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
If you 1hp him during the first bombing run he dies when its over.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think the only one I just refused to tank was Forge of Souls. On my bear, the caster mobs were *just* spread out enough so that I had to run around and hit each one seperately to control them, and there wasn't any way to LoS them.

The only time I did it was with a rogue friend of mine, and the only reason then was because we could get to the last boss and get to kill anyone who was getting on our nerves.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
Anything i have had to farm for a protarcted amount of time with no other choice of it.

so like.

icc - 12 mths was out for 12 mths i raided it lol
Mc - from relase date to the final month of vannilia over 12 mths
bwl - same as mc over 12 mths of raiding
HOT - 3 dungeon to go between with over a year shudder
DS - same as many others, nearly 12 mths of farming it
BT and mt hyjal 12 mths + of farming these as well shudder

u get the idea i hate having to do the same damn thing every day for a year or more drives me bonkers lol

but then for mechanics wise anything with Rp at first it is great but after 6mths or more of seeing it quickly because tedious at best.
um i had a love hate relationship with zg love it as a 5 man and as a raid from abck in the day one of my favs of all time but on the other side i hated it because people !@#$ing sucked at it. Which is the same for grim batol, stonecore , za etc. some of my favs are the harder dungeons but i kinda hated doing them with 99% of the groups out there lol.

So you basically said MMO raiding isn't for you....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
I hate tanking most pre-BC dungeons.

I get so lost in them, it's rather embarrassing. Anything past that though, and I'm golden.

They are so easy and Blizz has chopped most of the up. BRD and BRS are the only ones that take a brain to get around and even then they are actually simple once you understand them.

I like them because they actually had something to to them. While I loved BC heroics most of the post-Vanilla dungeons are halls with some trash and bosses repeating end on end. Nothing to most of them. A big yawn fest overall outside of a handful.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/13/2012 09:02 AMPosted by Alsoria

er not really :S just well if it is 3mths or 6mths of clearing some content great i don't mind at all but when u are getting into the 12 mths + of clearing something every single week, it gets boring and not fun anymore, if you don't get that then i geuss for youa n MMO is where this is teir 1 this is all teh content we will ever relase run this now for 2yr's+ aka those raids i listed werre raided every week for your talking over a year or just under a year.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
12/13/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Snach

er not really :S just well if it is 3mths or 6mths of clearing some content great i don't mind at all but when u are getting into the 12 mths + of clearing something every single week, it gets boring and not fun anymore, if you don't get that then i geuss for youa n MMO is where this is teir 1 this is all teh content we will ever relase run this now for 2yr's+ aka those raids i listed werre raided every week for your talking over a year or just under a year.

ICC is the only content I remember being close to a year. I'll admit my Vanilla experience is lacking, but BC didn't take half as long as you think. I guess you're okay with your exaggeration.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
BoT-n when leveling. its long and i hate it.
all of the blackrock 5mans when leveling (including the cata one)
gnomregan. i dont know why, but i f'ing hate that place.
Reply Quote
76 Dwarf Death Knight
Deadmines. Oh, Deadmines. Why do you have to have super long tunnels where there's another 5-10 enemies almost every time anyone uses AOE spells and attacks? Why do you have to have an end boss that wears you down, then throws tons of adds while he disappears?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Wailing Caverns, Sethekk Halls, and The Oculus.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]