Chaos Bolt Nerf.

6 Orc Shaman
Blizzard thanks for making destruction worthless in pvp .
My conflagrate critted for 80k, a instant cast.
OH! my special spell Chaos bolt a " 2 second cast " also critted for 80k!

My wow time ends this month, bye.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
My Aimed Shot cast time is 3 seconds, it crits for 20k on full pvp targets. Grats on crying over being OP.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
If Chaos Bolt was the only thing you think you had going for you in PVP then you were doing it wrong anyway.

CB getting nerfed is barely even a thing

seriously We've been nerfed worse in the past
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/28/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Gunzip
My Aimed Shot cast time is 3 seconds, it crits for 20k on full pvp targets. Grats on crying over being OP.

I heard Chaos Bolt can be interrupted?

How is that possible?
I swear I was getting hit for 50K+ crits in Cata (Might have been Aimed+ Chimera though).

Also try deterring CB?
Reply Quote
Did CB get nerfed? cuz im still demolishing ppl with 140k crits..
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
11/28/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Durz
Did CB get nerfed? cuz im still demolishing ppl with 140k crits..

a little bit.

The Spell itself didn't change at all but The bonus damage from GoSac got turned into a DoT.

So instead of a 125% BAM, it's 100% bam plus another 25% over 3 seconds
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
you can't chain CB too, since ticks of dot would be lost, it doesn't add dmg or refresh the dot. This part is a nerf.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
One less moron in the warlock community, we're all so sad.
Reply Quote
I also believe that there were a damage nerf, not just that 25% dot thing with GoSac

my conflag is sometimes also hitting harder than my chaos bolt, it makes no sense at all

now go check if they nerf frost mage´s damage...
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
11/29/2012 05:36 AMPosted by Giorggio
my conflag is sometimes also hitting harder than my chaos bolt, it makes no sense at all

I wasn't seeing that at all in raid last night. Do you have any logs or anything?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The "Nerf" He is talking about is when you have GrimSac on. Your CB now does an additional 25% of of it's damage over 3 seconds or something. It's really not that bad. I'm still hitting well over 100k's.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock

Such a bad liar.

CB easily hits harder than a conflag crit even after the nerf. Drama Queen. You will not be missed.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight

Play an ele shaman with Lava Burst crits for 40k.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/29/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Xellz
you can't chain CB too, since ticks of dot would be lost, it doesn't add dmg or refresh the dot. This part is a nerf.

Not true. Worst case scenario is you have 6 stacks of Backdraft and chain cast 2 second Chaos Bolts. What you're missing is that Chaos Bolt has a long travel time, and even if you clip it barely (maybe you're standing next to your target), you lose 8.33% dmg on one of those Chaos Bolts. In PvE though, you shouldn't be Backdrafting CBs anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/28/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Gunzip

Did you use level 90 range weapon? Because i just got crit 80k aimed shot.
And also, does CB instant proc like aimed shot?

FYI, if ur a good hunter you would know that aimed shot suppose to be used with chimera shot. And also, is aimed shot your only mean to burst?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
11/29/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Simplexity

Not true. Worst case scenario is you have 6 stacks of Backdraft and chain cast 2 second Chaos Bolts. What you're missing is that Chaos Bolt has a long travel time, and even if you clip it barely (maybe you're standing next to your target), you lose 8.33% dmg on one of those Chaos Bolts. In PvE though, you shouldn't be Backdrafting CBs anyway.

bloodlust trinket, procs burst? and can't avoid haste completely, so it will always clip. Travel time is same for all lined up CB if target wont move much

Anyway, probably going to play lock mostly now, more fun than hunt and better dps with far less effort.
Reply Quote
47 Undead Warlock
If you think Chaos bolt is bad, just remember in cata. Those 10k crits were something. Almost made healers need to cast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]