5.1 Old raids easier to solo? No says I

90 Undead Mage
couldnt solo last boss in AQ40 - get teleported to stomache and die
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Razorgore took a few tries until i got it down. I thought RoS was actually pretty easy being a BE with the extra interrupt.

I'm having trouble with Illidari Council, i've been doing the kite the paladin around the room strategy also. It goes good for a bit, then i start to lose focus i guess and they get healed up too much. I was thinking i may try wound poison tonight. I keep seeing stuff saying their health doesn't reset but it always seems to for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/30/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Mazaxist

I just soloed C'thun. The stomach didnt do much damage and I was out of there and finished him.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Agreed i went to solo naxx as ret and got to instructor razuvious and BOOM 90 gets 3 shotted after bubble expires >.< Like seriosuly? i know he hit hard back in the day but he shouldn't be 3 shotting me

Took me 2 days to fiure out how but in 450 ilvl gear did it on my drood today. Really it was less about the dps and more about mitigating dmg for me. I have had problems on others though. I still can't get thru the chess match in Kara.... Knew I should have taken those chess lessons as a kid lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Agreed i went to solo naxx as ret and got to instructor razuvious and BOOM 90 gets 3 shotted after bubble expires >.< Like seriosuly? i know he hit hard back in the day but he shouldn't be 3 shotting me

His Unbalancing Strikes were only knocking 1/5th to 1/6th of my health. Either you're exaggerating or you have no idea what you're doing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

His Unbalancing Strikes were only knocking 1/5th to 1/6th of my health. Either you're exaggerating or you have no idea what you're doing.

To be honest this was my first time playing guardian....So i def had no clue. Only played Boomkin. Just took getting the grasp of how to use the defense cd's. Oh and not giving him free weapons to beat me with when I pulled him around the corner.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I just want Chess to be redone... I have such a burning hatred for that...
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Mazaxist

His stomach acid scales with your spellpower for whatever reason (it always has.) Just need to get out ASAP while hitting the tentacles with instants.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
Wow Thank you blizzard you just made me the happiest person ever!

Nov 29th hotfix

Reliquary of Souls
Spirit Shock now has a 15 second recast time (was 0 seconds).

Just what I asked for, Thanks!

:3 So happy.... Sooooo Happy ^_^
Edited by Meganfòx on 12/1/2012 4:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
So, I've been able to get to Illidan no problem on my prot warrior with the tchange to RoS yesterday, But I keep getting nuked down by the two flames of Azzinoth, any sort of tips for that? also, what are some survival tips for his demon form?

On my rogue I can get to Gurtogg, but the DoT gets somewhat overwhelming and I die late into the fight, am I not burning him down fast enough?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
razorgore is broken. his mind control orb almost never works. i've tried just running in and clicking it. i've tried killing grethok first. nothing.

this is pissnig me off
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
the notes say no longer need a raid group to enter

yet i cant enter bwl without not just a group, but a raid group

annoying when nobody is on to form a group with
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
BWL can be entered solo if you are atuned
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
I'd just like to point out that the OP's quoted text is not to imply that the bosses have been made easier, but that entering those dungeons has become easier by not requiring a raid.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6036454104

I'm going to shamelessly plug my DK guide to soloing raids. I managed to take down Reliquary of Souls a few days ago, so it's definitely doable alone.

Managed to solo RoS at 85 so yeah. You guys need to save your burst cds for phase 2 and kill the !@#$ out of him. With interupt nerfs it was absolutle needed to interupt the first cast and kill phase 2 before the 2nd.

Its nerfed now however/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Finally soloed Reliquary of the Lost as a combat rogue just now. Took like 7 or 8 attempts, can't remember. I initially used mind numbing poison, but I kept dying. i decided to try Leeching again and that helped counteract the damage I was taking when attacking the second phase (which is the only problem with this boss). I used Preparation as someone mentioned above so I could reset cloak of shadows and Anticipation to get combo points faster for Recuperate to help keep my health regen while stumbling around like an idiot when Spirit Shocked.

I was able to kick and interrupt some of the Spirit Shocks, but it was hard because as soon as I got enough points to put rupture on it and get recuperate going, I kept turning around to let the poison do the work and not kill myself by hitting it too much.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
11/30/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Corianin
I just want Chess to be redone... I have such a burning hatred for that...

start with the king, immediately exit.
move pawn in front of king a space, then exit.
move pawn in front of queen, then exit.
use queen to nuke enemy king from range, move the one new space if required.
only exit queen if the cheat puts fire under the king, in which move the king.

resume nuking with queen.

now if only they'd slightly nerf karathress so he doesn't drop me instantly. i know the adds need to die first, i just cannot survive the "fml bolt". i survive the first one, can usually survive the 2nd one, but the third does me in. and i cannot burn down before the third as i spend that burn time trying to survive the next bolt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I finally managed to kill Reliquary after some attempts with this character (fresh 90), it's doable, just gotta save those cooldowns for the 2nd phase and keep spirit shock interrupted.

The first attempts I kept killing myself because I completely forgot the 2nd face would reflect your damage, I tried seal of insight but my mana was completely reduced at 10% hp left, but next attempts I kept myself up with word of glory and selfless healer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Well I couldn't get past the Illidari Council solo last night so I gave up. I'm not sure if it's possible as a rogue since none of them can be sapped or blinded, so it turns into a huge clusterfrak.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
So, I've been able to get to Illidan no problem on my prot warrior with the tchange to RoS yesterday, But I keep getting nuked down by the two flames of Azzinoth, any sort of tips for that? also, what are some survival tips for his demon form?

On my rogue I can get to Gurtogg, but the DoT gets somewhat overwhelming and I die late into the fight, am I not burning him down fast enough?

I just did a BT clear yesterday on my warrior.

Basically the key to these problems you are having as prot is just one simple thing: Make sure you have the second wind talent. Anytime you are below 35% health you regenerate 3% of your total health every second. This is enough to basically keep you alive through anything you run into. It can get dicey if you play dumb and stand in the flames during P2 of Illidan, but just be semi-observant of where you are and it should be fine. As far as demon phase goes I never saw it, you should still be able to DPS fast enough as prot to kill him before it. I did, and as you can see my prot gear is pretty bad.

Also make sure you are using battle shout to buff yourself, the extra health from commanding isn;t really important since you will be hangin out at 35% all day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]