5.1 Old raids easier to solo? No says I

90 Blood Elf Hunter
The Razorgore trick for me was setting Explosion and Snake traps on where I was standing (on the floor close to the wall) and about every 6-7 eggs I right-click the portrait and dismiss Razorgore and kill the adds on him with somme arcane shots, one shotting them, and then reapplying traps and killing eggs. BWL is completely solo-able for Hunters. If they are going to do anything in there they should remove or make it so everyone can disarm the stupid slow traps before the third boss and make it so Chromaggus cant MC you for like 10min. So stupid. I do wish that they would make the old world content solo-able. I love it so much and its not doing anything else. No one is running it but the die hard Xmoggers and people who want to craft the Legendary weapons of old so we can RP and pretend that we are awesome. Or is that jut me?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
Razor can be a little RNG.

And by RNG I mean 100% repeatable if you properly utilize self healing/taunting/etc and 50-50 if you just try to zerg eggs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/05/2012 12:54 AMPosted by Sickduck
The Razorgore trick for me was setting Explosion and Snake traps on where I was standing (on the floor close to the wall) and about every 6-7 eggs I right-click the portrait and dismiss Razorgore and kill the adds on him with somme arcane shots, one shotting them, and then reapplying traps and killing eggs. BWL is completely solo-able for Hunters. If they are going to do anything in there they should remove or make it so everyone can disarm the stupid slow traps before the third boss and make it so Chromaggus cant MC you for like 10min. So stupid. I do wish that they would make the old world content solo-able. I love it so much and its not doing anything else. No one is running it but the die hard Xmoggers and people who want to craft the Legendary weapons of old so we can RP and pretend that we are awesome. Or is that jut me?

Chromaggus MC? Hmm.. Perhaps because you have your pet out? I haven't been MC'd by him since 2005? Might be a DPS issue as well, you just need to pound him down.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/05/2012 12:54 AMPosted by Sickduck

The Chromaggus MC comes from having all five of his debuffs at the same time. Make sure you stock up on Hourglass Sand from the trash before him so you can remove the stun debuff, that should help a lot.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Agreed i went to solo naxx as ret and got to instructor razuvious and BOOM 90 gets 3 shotted after bubble expires >.< Like seriosuly? i know he hit hard back in the day but he shouldn't be 3 shotting me

His Unbalancing Strikes were only knocking 1/5th to 1/6th of my health. Either you're exaggerating or you have no idea what you're doing.

They had to have done something to buff Razuvious' damage; I was able to solo him easily as a prot pally and I think even in ret back in Cata. Now in MOP I get 3-shotted and ret and in prot it's a fairly close fight, I have to actually think about my CD's. His unbalancing strikes are hitting for over 100k on me in prot now; there's no way he was hitting me that hard in Cata, so something must have changed.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
razorgore is broken. his mind control orb almost never works. i've tried just running in and clicking it. i've tried killing grethok first. nothing.

this is pissnig me off

Are you Unholy? If so, you have to dismiss your ghoul first. It won't let you MC if you already have a pet out. Took me forever to figure that one out on my frost mage lol.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Well all Vanilla content I solo without any issues. BC as well ( haven't fully done BT yet as I need to practice ROS, but clear all else). LK I clear Ony, Naxx, TOC Normal 10. Sarth. Uld I did up to Hodir and got bored.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Guys what Im trying to say is, Yes certain classes can solo certain bosses better. But if your not one of these classes then what? I mean everything is soloable, We've seen DKs solo LK back 2 years ago.. All Im saying is they should nerf these bosses enough so everyone has a chance.

& why shouldn't it be a "faceroll" The !@#$ is 6+ years old.. it doesn't need to be a pain in the %^- to get a chest piece or a wep for transmog

Every class can solo All Vanilla and all BC raids (minus Sunwell), you just have to not suck. Sorry, there is no other way I can put it.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Rogue
I soloed BWL twice now, at 85. So it can be done as a rogue. Its actually simple once you have the mechanics down.

Just crush eggs until you get to 50% or so hp, pop evasion (i do this to break mc, its on my second left lower bar) fok a few times, pop regen, remind control. you may have to do this 3 maybe 4 times.

I cannot however, do enough dps to kill the first boss in BT, i get him to about 30% before he pops bubble.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I solo BT weekly without effort.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]