Undead vs. Goblin

85 Undead Death Knight
I can't seem to decide which race to roll as a Warlock. I like the look of both equally as well as their racials, so I'd thought I would ask the Warlock community to help me make a final decision. Thank you for your input.

Undead or Goblin

/discuss
Edited by Ralegore on 11/29/2012 5:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I do like the goblin 1% haste, but I find that will of the forsaken, cannibalize, and the touch of the grave are quite helpful.

It's just too bad the affliction and demo mastery don't buff shadow damage anymore, since it seems the unholy dk mastery actually buffs touch of the grave too.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Between the two, Undead. The haste is nice, but I would agree with Meynos, touch of the grave and will are two very nice things to have.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
My shaman is a goblin. While I really like undead the rocket jump for goblin is just amazing.

Getting knocked off of flag area in Eots, just jump back. There are also a bunch of placed you can get to that give you an advantage as ranged with it that other classes cant get to. I really think its an ability that is way under appreciated.

Touch of the grave is amazing though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Allow me to point out that, including myself, the four warlocks who responded are all undead.

Dark Lady watch over you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Undead obviously.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Like the other zambies said.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
definate Orc
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
definate Undead
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Gob.."looks at forum" undead?..ya undead.......i want to live.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
For Sylvanas!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Blood Elf!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Zombies or Gremlins? I went with Gremlins.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
I am currently trying to decide between Orc or Undead.
Sheer awesomeness of the Orcs or Zombies?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
UD! I just can't stand the shoulders on orcs. Having my face clip through armor is annoying as all get out. Bloodfurry is nice, but with TotG/WotF and the undead look/cast animartions foresaken is my choice.

Lol @ dead people being more aesthetically pleasing than any other race.
Reply Quote
82 Undead Warlock
Undead, they have the best combination of pvp/pve racials. They also look the best in most of the tier sets for transmog and have a cool casting animation. Alliance best is gnome for looks, worgen for racials...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
While I agree rocket boots can be VERY cool and useful, unfortunately the proper situation to use them is rare for a caster. On a melee toon they make a great gap closer but I have to say for caster I'd recommend UD.
Reply Quote
82 Human Warlock
You will be a human!!!! I command it!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/30/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Elazúl
Undead, they have the best combination of pvp/pve racials. They also look the best in most of the tier sets for transmog and have a cool casting animation. Alliance best is gnome for looks, worgen for racials...

Actually Humans have the best racials, every man for himself is a free trink.

Goblins with the 1% spell haste is "nice." And I will say the mobile bank is convienant, but I never seen much of a use for the rocket boots, but I haven't really thought of creative ways to use it.
As for UD, We have canabalize, and an RNG heal with touch of the grave, which I do see, but never really notice a huge benefit compared to my Siphon Life talent, WOTF is alright in PvP, but it shares a 30 sec CD with a PvP trinket, and sometimes, if you break out of the first one, you can't use your Racial for the incoming second fear.
To be Honest, if you care about Min/Maxing, go with Orc, Blood Fury gives a DPS boost, and the plus to pet damage is great. Also Hardiness isn't that bad, since Locks don't have a natural CC Breaker (With the exception of the Unbound Will, which is talented and costs 20% of your max health.)

I personally chose UD just for flavor purposes, this was my first toon, and didn't even know what WoTF did, but having a a character that was killed, enslaved, and broke free with nothing but a thirst for hate and vengeance, seemed fitting for a class that is essentially a Pyromaniac Vampire, that feeds on the souls of their fallen enemies.

Just my two cents
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]