Stat Weights: Increasing the Value of Crit

90 Orc Death Knight
I'm no math wiz, so I have a question for anyone who might be.

Say Rogues got Puncturing Wounds back but instead of a flat additive increase to crit chance, it looked like this:

"Multiplies the critical strike chance of Backstab and Mutilate by 1.3 and Ambush by 1.6."

Would this significantly bring up the value of crit for Mut/Subt?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Crit isn't a terrible stat. Just like subtlety isn't a terrible spec. The differences between stat values are relatively minor at most gear levels.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
ONE
right, it's not that crit is undesirable, it's that it's least desirable. changing that wouldn't necessarily be a good thing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
11/29/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Infective
right, it's not that crit is undesirable, it's that it's least desirable. changing that wouldn't necessarily be a good thing.

I wish it was desirable, gotta love those big numbers
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
One stat has to be the worst of the lot. I'm kind of glad it's the stat which relies the most on RNG.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/29/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Hassen

I wish it was desirable, gotta love those big numbers
. . . and Seal Fate/Honor Among Thieves procs.

11/29/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Blacksad
One stat has to be the worst of the lot. I'm kind of glad it's the stat which relies the most on RNG.
Yeah, I definitely agree. It would just be nice for stat values to be closer to better suit different playstyles. For instance, crits being more reliable. Like taking Crit over Mastery for Mut for more Seal Fates, with the crits from Poisons and Auto's making up for the loss of Mastery damage.
But it would be suboptimal to do at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
It would just be nice for stat values to be closer to better suit different playstyles. For instance, crits being more reliable. Like taking Crit over Mastery for Mut for more Seal Fates, with the crits from Poisons and Auto's making up for the loss of Mastery damage.
But it would be suboptimal to do at this point.

True, though stats will always scale differently with gear so such a feat is pretty close to impossible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
More damage isn't the answer. It needs to be less from everyone else.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/29/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Stabdu
More damage isn't the answer. It needs to be less from everyone else.
Oh, that's not my intent here at all.

I miss Crit Rating being important for my Rogue (especially Seal Fate), so I was hoping someone much smarter in the maths than I could tell me if a passive similar to "Critical Mass" would make Crit Rating more desirable.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Passives would tip crit back into favor, yes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]