Battleground Queues and Addons

Community Manager
In patch 5.1, we resolved some issues regarding how Addons interact with the Battleground queue system. It is no longer possible to automate queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5. We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience. Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.
90 Night Elf Hunter
./cry
90 Pandaren Monk
Good.
90 Tauren Druid
Thank you! This will make PvPing much more enjoyable as Alliance, and less crushing as a Horde, who often get put into groups with premades of 5+.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you for the clarification.
Edited by Pozytecznosc on 2/14/2013 12:21 PM PST
85 Human Mage
wow. you nerf the only thing i enjoyed about random bgs since wrath.
90 Orc Hunter
YESS !!!! ty sooo much !
90 Dwarf Paladin
I HATE going into random bgs by myself, even with 5 people all pvp geared and in vent you can have problems if the other 5 don't have a clue. Not to mention the fact that we still don't have a system for equalizing the number of healers on each team, if 3 of us are healers, which would normally be the entire complement needed, and we get in with 2 random healers, we are pretty much guaranteed to lose.

There needs to be a way to queue for randoms with a full group, or a better system for balancing. similar personal mmrs or something, so you don't get a group of 3-4 good, coordinated players, with 6-7 terrible players, or terribly undergeared players.

I am really against this change.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well as i said It was part of the patch to break these add-ons. If not for the abuse some people did on the system I dont think it would have gotten to this point. If people didnt keep farming gys and farm rage quits oQ would still be working.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players...

I'm pretty sure you meant bots.
Edited by Seph on 11/30/2012 11:58 AM PST
90 Undead Rogue
11/30/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Seph
We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players...

I'm pretty sure you meant bots.

How does this improve the experience for bots? haha
91 Undead Warrior
In patch 5.1, we resolved some issues regarding how Addons interact with the Battleground queue system. It is no longer possible to automate queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5. We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience. Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.

sorry guy. i don't think you do understand.
you improved nothing and resolved nothing by doing this.
this change was ill conceived. after all of the hoopla of putting war back
into warcraft, a patch to cripple warcraft is a major fail on your part.

sad.

Cheers.
Pleb.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Dbô
How does this improve the experience for bots? haha

I'm just pointing out that by frowning upon players queuing together to avoid bots they are implicitly smiling upon battlegrounds full of bots.
Edited by Seph on 11/30/2012 12:42 PM PST
90 Night Elf Priest
If you want to play as a group, you queue for a rated BG.
This bs of queuing for a random as a group is a way of giving yourself the advantage of playing against uncoordinated group cause you can't win against another premade.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
...who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

Blizzard's matchmaking system is already supposed to place premades against other premades. If this isn't working correctly, then that is a failure on their part, not ours.

This statement also implicitly argues against trying to coordinate with your fellow players in truly 'random' battlegrounds. Why is trying to win frowned upon?
Edited by Seph on 11/30/2012 12:22 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
Boo, boo i say. Back to the countdown Qs : D
90 Pandaren Mage
Wasn't it a bit silly to allow this to go on for as long as it did? It was selfish and completely unfair to the other team.
90 Worgen Warlock
OOB
Yeah...

I'm glad I quit pvping this expansion. I used to love to que with my rbg team so we can go into battlegrounds and practice some strats we wanted to try without having the stress of a new strat to test to ruin our ranking. Wargames have no rewards either so it ends up being not as fruitful so no one will want to bother with that.
90 Troll Priest
11/30/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Roswind
Good.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
We as a premade group REALLY would love to go against a a premade group as well.
Firstly it lets me know how strong i am against a group that is coordinated like mine.

RBGs are not viable at 40m BGs.

so your answer Daxxari is slightly flawed.

Why not let us go back to to the 40m AV queue like we had back in BC ?

AB1
AB2

AV1
AV2

EoTS 1
EoTS2
Edited by Dotwizzix on 11/30/2012 12:28 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]