Battleground Queues and Addons

92 Troll Druid
In patch 5.1, we resolved some issues regarding how Addons interact with the Battleground queue system. It is no longer possible to automate queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5. We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience. Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.

Actually, we want to play in BGs without 1/2 bots and AFKers. The bot problem is out of control and if you're going to continue to ignore it, people will find a work around or stop queueing for them. I want to play BGs with humans at the controls.
90 Troll Priest
In patch 5.1, we resolved some issues regarding how Addons interact with the Battleground queue system. It is no longer possible to automate queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5. We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience. Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.

Actually, we want to play in BGs without 1/2 bots and AFKers. The bot problem is out of control and if you're going to continue to ignore it, people will find a work around or stop queueing for them. I want to play BGs with humans at the controls.

Just because bots are a problem doesn't mean premade ROFLstomp groups aren't. They can't address both issues simultaneously, and I consider them fixing this a huge plus.
90 Goblin Warlock
When I mentioned this to a guildmate of mine he said that he faced a 12 man premade in Arathi Basin yesterday. If you broke the addons that allow this then how did this happen?
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Harsesis
If you broke the addons that allow this then how did this happen?

Because they broke a client side addon but haven't changed the server side algorithms.
90 Undead Warrior

Does that mean that if two 5 boxers or a 10 boxer happen to get in the same battleground will this be considered an exploit?

I am the guildmaster of the largest multiboxing guild in the game, <The Zerg>. We all like to play together as a team of coordinated players.
100 Tauren Death Knight
will raid groups also be limited to entering an instance with no more then 5, the remaining raid members being drawn from an LFR style queue?

after all, it is unfair to those that do not belong to a raiding guild as they are unable to join top end raiding groups.

after all... it's about being 'fair'

and in the spirit of being 'fair'... how can it be fair if you have enchants and top end weapons, yet i don't? will all gear be replaced with the same gear as people enter the BGs?
92 Troll Druid

Just because bots are a problem doesn't mean premade ROFLstomp groups aren't. They can't address both issues simultaneously, and I consider them fixing this a huge plus.

Can't or won't? The bot problem is beyond out of control, they know it, and have yet to address it in any way whatsoever this expansion.
92 Troll Shaman
Bots are neither happy nor sad regarding this blue post. Bots just gonna bot. Boop beep boop.
90 Goblin Hunter
11/30/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Daxxarri

So you are forcing everyone to play unorganized? This is a backwards fix that doesn't even establish your objective. You not only don't achieve what you are after because it is still entirely possible to mass queue(though less convenient), but it attempts to force people to not cooperate with each other and perpetuate the lack of team play in battlegrounds.

11/30/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Daxxarri

Let me know when I can do an AV or IoC rated battleground.

Hey Blizzard, you want to solve this problem? I'll make it easy for you, eliminate the 5 man party restriction for joining a random bg.
Edited by Stokely on 11/30/2012 12:32 PM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
You suck
90 Dwarf Paladin
Why is there not a 3rd way to queue. There should be: normal bgs where you can queue with up to 5 people. Organized normal bgs, where you can queue with up to a full group (depends on the bg of course) and RBGs.

I bet there would be plenty of demand for the Organized bgs, I would LOVE to do them, but I don't particularly want, since I'm not really geared enough yet, to do RBGs.
100 Tauren Death Knight
11/30/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Sedivy
If you want to play as a group, you queue for a rated BG.

you've barely done rated bgs... so i'll enlighten you.

there are VERY few teams queuing for rated bgs, period.

also... rated bgs are ONLY 10v10. where's the fun in that?

most people in the rath-strat community prefer 40 v 40
90 Human Warrior
Do not like. What's your response to "AV Perfection" being impossible now?
Edited by Buckybadger on 11/30/2012 12:28 PM PST
92 Troll Shaman
I think that only one class and spec per week should be able to q for bgs and they should have to play naked. In the name of balance. BALANCE!
90 Human Warrior
Do not like. What's your response to "AV Perfection" being impossible now?
Because we all know the lazy and ignorant will refuse to learn how AV works and just "ZZZZEEEERRRRRRRGGGGG!" wait south until magically "some towers are capped or something" and then zerg some more. Nevermind how that "tower is capped or something" or the actual mechanics of the battleground.
Edited by Buckybadger on 11/30/2012 12:30 PM PST
90 Troll Priest
If you have a problem with the lack of skill shown by players in random BGs, or the presence of bots, or your inability to queue with 9 other people, do rated BGs. The fact of the matter is, what that addon did was cheating. Full stop.

Blizzard designed War Games specifically for what most of you are requesting: unranked, heavily coordinated BGs. The fact that most of you chose to use an addon to queue for random BGs as a group just proves that you: a) Weren't actually looking for a challenge, and b) Were only really doing it for the easy Honor involved. Both of which are terrible reasons, and as I said earlier, cheating.
Edited by Lothrik on 11/30/2012 12:31 PM PST
100 Tauren Death Knight
It's a lot of fun to get together with a bunch of friends and be coordinated and we would like to support that rather than work against it.
- ghostcrawler
19 sep 2012
http://www.arenajunkies.com/news/535-the-arena-junkies-pvp-interview-with-greg-ghostcrawler-street/page__st__40/

exactly how does this work if i have more then 4 friends? what if my 4 friends are 5-boxers?

sure seems like you're working against it

/fail
Edited by Tinymasher on 11/30/2012 12:31 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]