Battleground Queues and Addons

90 Pandaren Monk
I don't see how this benefits anyone but bots :(, We finally get a solution since your taking your sweet time then you do this. Might as well make botting legal at this point and get it over with.
85 Goblin Mage
[quote]
Can't or won't? The bot problem is beyond out of control, they know it, and have yet to address it in any way whatsoever this expansion.

You mean other than the ongoing case they have in German courts against the maker of the bot everyone is using?

Yeah, just because you don't see all of the bots disappearing all at once, doesn't mean they aren't doing anything about it.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ghostcrawler: It's a lot of fun to get together with a bunch of friends and be coordinated and we would like to support that rather than work against it.
59 Orc Monk
This "fix" is ill conceived, and wasn't thought through at all. This will do absolutely nothing to stop any premades. Instead of using an addon, such as oQueue, or Preform AV Enabler, people will just put together groups of 5, and head to Vent/Mumble/Skype/TeamSpeak for a countdown like they used to.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Ghostcrawler: It's a lot of fun to get together with a bunch of friends and be coordinated and we would like to support that rather than work against it.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
90 Troll Priest
I'm sure Ghostcrawler didn't mean that to be taken in the form of "coordinated group of friends steamrolling random group of players repeatedly."
90 Human Warrior
If you have a problem with the lack of skill shown by players in random BGs, or the presence of bots, or your inability to queue with 9 other people, do rated BGs. The fact of the matter is, what that addon did was cheating. Full stop.

Blizzard designed War Games specifically for what most of you are requesting: unranked, heavily coordinated BGs. The fact that most of you chose to use an addon to queue for random BGs as a group just proves that you: a) Weren't actually looking for a challenge, and b) Were only really doing it for the easy Honor involved. Both of which are terrible reasons, and as I said earlier, cheating.

Just because in your strange world it's cheating, doesn't mean it is. This is a bad change. You can form a 5m party to do 5man dungeons. You can form a 10m to do 10m raid, etc. You are no longer able to form a 40m to do a 40m bg. That's wrong, and makes certain achievements like AV perfection impossible with ignorant players like yourself spouting nonsense. You are ignoring (hence the ignorant statement - not needlessly throwing that adj around) the fact that what you are advocating is putting DOWN organizational efforts in lieu of more herp derp playstyle, which we don't need more of.
Edited by Buckybadger on 11/30/2012 2:59 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
my problem with non-premade random bgs isn't even bots, it's the pure ignorance of most of the players, just now i played ToK and every play rather than grabbing the orbs, ran right past them and jumped into the middle pretty much dying immediately, i find examples of this kind of ignorance in every single random i que for by myself and it's just disheartening, with oqueue we find a group of competent players, and even if they aren't we have a means to talk to them through vent and fix said incompetence, I've also been in several premades that would help out the pug we get from the que by inviting them to the vent and teaching them about the add-on.

then there are RBGs, with oqueue there was at least some chance of getting into a rated battleground and getting rating up, without it, all rbg groups i see are looking for xx character rating, a rating i cant get because no rbg will accept some1 with no character rating, the good ol' catch 22 paradox

and that concludes my venting.
Edited by Xangrila on 11/30/2012 12:42 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Radsputin
This "fix" is ill conceived, and wasn't thought through at all. This will do absolutely nothing to stop any premades. Instead of using an addon, such as oQueue, or Preform AV Enabler, people will just put together groups of 5, and head to Vent/Mumble/Skype/TeamSpeak for a countdown like they used to.

This is what I've been doing all week.

Blizzard is not going to drag me into playing with afkers and bots.

If it makes the lives of people outside of premades that miserable, Blizzard can make it so that people who queue in groups get put in a separate queue, or fix the problems that cause us to want to do this.
90 Troll Priest
If you have a problem with the lack of skill shown by players in random BGs, or the presence of bots, or your inability to queue with 9 other people, do rated BGs. The fact of the matter is, what that addon did was cheating. Full stop.

Blizzard designed War Games specifically for what most of you are requesting: unranked, heavily coordinated BGs. The fact that most of you chose to use an addon to queue for random BGs as a group just proves that you: a) Weren't actually looking for a challenge, and b) Were only really doing it for the easy Honor involved. Both of which are terrible reasons, and as I said earlier, cheating.

Just because in your strange world it's cheating, doesn't mean it is. This is a bad change. You can form a 5m party to do 5man dungeons. You can form a 10m to do 10m, etc. You are no longer able to form a 40m to do a 40m bg. That's wrong, and makes certain achievements like AV perfection impossible with ignorant players like yourself spouting nonsense.

I have no problem with 40M premades being possible in BGs. I just have a problem with a coordinated group of 40 players essentially getting free honor, achievements and HKs going against an uncoordinated group of 40 random players. If you want 40M premades, you should have to go up against exclusively 40M premades.
Edited by Lothrik on 11/30/2012 12:37 PM PST
90 Goblin Hunter
Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street:
We talk more about letting players queue together as a group, even for the non-rated battlegrounds. But only matching these pre-mades with other premades. It's a lot of fun to get together with a bunch of friends and be coordinated and we would like to support that rather than work against it.

How is this not working against it?!?
Edited by Stokely on 11/30/2012 12:44 PM PST
90 Night Elf Priest
You list bots as a major excuse for how this patch is unfair but both sides are equally likely to have issues with bots and afk-ers in a random bg.

There is nothing wrong with ranked bgs. They will not match you against the omgwtf champions. They match you to equal rating groups. For a fair match, this should be your choice.

You wanting a coordinated group match against a random group of strangers is you wanting an easy win without having to work for it.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/30/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Apeck
Can't or won't? The bot problem is beyond out of control, they know it, and have yet to address it in any way whatsoever this expansion.
90 Human Paladin
Trying to pass this off as an improvement in any way, shape, or form is a sad joke.

Let's get this straight: instead of doing something which would actually improve everyone's playing experience -- getting rid of bots -- you spent precious man-hours breaking a hugely popular addon which was primarily used to diminish the effect of bots.

1. Bots overrun BGs
2. Blizzard does absolutely nothing about them
3. A lone player creates an addon which gives people a way to lessen the effect of bots in their BGs
4. Blizzard intentionally breaks the addon and continues to do nothing about bots

Pathetic.
Edited by Karsi on 11/30/2012 12:57 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
11/30/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Lothrik
I have no problem with 40M premades being possible in BGs. I just have a problem with a coordinated group of 40 players essentially getting free honor, achievements and HKs going against an uncoordinated group of 40 random players. If you want 40M premades, you should have to go up against exclusively 40M premades.

How is it "free?"
The difference is communication. If your strategy is still herp derp, it will be no different than any other random group. What this change does is DISABLE STRATEGY.
100 Undead Warrior
maybe this breaking of premade addons was well conceived.

perhaps we're seeing the long con in play here.

is it possible a future patch will be implementing oQ /pav like tools?

/facepalm

Pleb.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/30/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Seph
Blizzard's matchmaking system is already supposed to place premades against other premades. If this isn't working correctly, then that is a failure on their part, not ours.

The difference is communication. If your strategy is still herp derp, it will be no different than any other random group. What this change does is DISABLE STRATEGY.
Edited by Dotwizzix on 11/30/2012 12:48 PM PST
90 Troll Priest
11/30/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Buckybadger

How is it "free?"

Would you ask a raiding guild to "race" a random LFR group in Mogu'shan Vaults? See who can finish first?

Even with no communication whatsoever it's pretty obvious who would win, 9 out of 10 times.

You're completely delusional if you think your addon was "fair" in any shape or form to the people you did random BGs against.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]