Battleground Queues and Addons

(Sticky)

90 Troll Priest
Agree with this completely. If twinks can deal with long queue times for their BGs, you can deal with long queue times for your 40M premade AV.

Huge difference in forming a group of singleton twinks vs finding already formed groups. One is (wait a while), the other is (will never pop).

I already told you to stop trying to convince me that 40M premades should get to go up against non-premades. I do not care if the queue never pops, that's your own fault for not coordinating better with other 40M premades.
Edited by Lothrik on 11/30/2012 1:39 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Add a "Premade Queue" option in addition to Single and Group Queue.

Clicking on Premade Queue will queue you, our your group, against other raids of up to 15 in size.

This is along the lines of what we need to be pushing for not back to farming honor the easy way. While you can just be happy with your self for beating a non premade its not something that i believe belongs in the game especially with some of the way people are leading the groups. If you like to have more then 10 then all i can say is do wargames until blizzard comes up with a unrated premade bg que. While its fun to faceroll people how can you honestly say that it was balanced if it was weekly horde 500+ to alliance 100- wins. Now its 172 horde to alliance 137. Seems alot more balanced in my eyes. If you dont believe in balance then gl playing a game that hunters pets ignore resilence, Mages get a 1 min cc with poly, rogues can stun lock any one and kill them, Lust is usable in arenas, and Warriors have a swifty one shot macro. These are all things that have been balanced in game to make the experience better. I fully support all changes that are needed in order to balance this game.
Edited by Ironmana on 11/30/2012 1:39 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
In patch 5.1, we resolved some issues regarding how Addons interact with the Battleground queue system. It is no longer possible to automate queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5. We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience. Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.
It's about time this was done.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Ghostcrawler: It's a lot of fun to get together with a bunch of friends and be coordinated and we would like to support that rather than work against it.
90 Human Warrior
11/30/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Lothrik

Huge difference in forming a group of singleton twinks vs finding already formed groups. One is (wait a while), the other is (will never pop).

I already told you to stop trying to convince me that 40M premades should get to go up against non-premades. I do not care if the queue never pops, that's your own fault for not coordinating better with other 40M premades.

I already responded to this statement. Read.

I'm not trying to convince you that you should do premades. What I'm trying to do is show you that disabling them is not productive and is a poor choice. It is telling groups to NOT coordinate and to herp derp everything - not promoting players to get better, think, or strive to learn. You don't have to want to do these things, but taking away any and all initiative to better yourself is a bad design choice.
90 Troll Priest
@Buckybadger:

I've already said this half a dozen times now. I have nothing against premades. I don't support disabling premades. I am simply opposed to premades going up against non-premades, which is what those addons provided. That is the full extent of my input on this topic.
90 Human Warrior
I guess I am a little confused here, where is the fun of queuing as a 10 or 15 man premade against teams of 1/2 bots in regular BGs?

I mean, isn't that what Rated Bg's are for?

And don't you understand that addons such as this have been circumventing Blizzzards design intention for years?
85 Troll Druid
Ghostcrawler: It's a lot of fun to get together with a bunch of friends and be coordinated and we would like to support that rather than work against it.
90 Tauren Death Knight
11/30/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Ironmana
They have also suspended a few people for doing 1,2,3 que in groups of more then 5. they got suspended for 3 hours for doing premades as exploits as blizzard called.

unconfirmed FUD

11/30/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Ironmana
Now lets work on oQ and get it working with out error messages so we can do rbgs and 5mans with it.

funny... i'm pretty sure you've never coded a line... but please, go ahead
90 Human Warrior
Lothrik said:

I've already said this half a dozen times now. I hate organization. I support disabling strategy. I am simply opposed to learning strats and bettering myself as a player, which is what those addons provided. That is the full extent of my input on this topic.

That's what I hear.
Edited by Buckybadger on 11/30/2012 1:53 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
In patch 5.1, we resolved some issues regarding how Addons interact with the Battleground queue system. It is no longer possible to automate queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5. We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience. Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.

This is a perfectly reasonable change. If your main use of OQ involved sneaking around the 5-player premade limit, well, I feel for you but you were exploiting a loophole which is now closed. Don't whine about it being closed, be happy you got to abuse it at all and that you aren't being sanctioned.

Then stop and think about what you have left.. a novel mesh network using the battletag system for communication that lets you BROWSE FOR PREMADES. Even a 5-man premade browser is a really big deal; you save a lot of startup time that you would've otherwise spent spamming trade, armorying candidates, etc., and your social circle is expanded beyond your server so you can get in on premades anywhere that has an active node. This is a huge QoL improvement, and I hope Blizzard considers rolling the functionality into a future release so that they can make use of the restricted API calls to make the process even smoother.

Well done, Blizz. Thanks for closing the loophole without ruining the rest of an awesome addon.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
90 Tauren Death Knight
11/30/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Cylthia
That's the long term plan, apparently, but it seems from Ghostcrawler's past comments on the subject that it is not as easy to accomplish as it sounds.

his comments are a direct description of oQueue's functionality

they can call me if they want to talk
90 Troll Priest
Fixed.

If you want to troll that's fine, but I'm going to report your posts when you do if that's the case.

Edit: Also FYI, editing your posts to make them more politically correct accomplishes next to nothing, Blizzard can see the entire history of the post if they want to do so.
Edited by Lothrik on 11/30/2012 1:56 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
I'm not trolling you. I'm telling you what you're saying because apparently you don't even know yourself what your opinions MEAN.
Edited by Buckybadger on 11/30/2012 1:51 PM PST
90 Undead Mage
The add-on (oQueue) just made it easier to do what people have been doing manually for years. People will just go back to doing it manually. Solo queue in the bot laden state of the game is sadly not an option.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
you made it so only twinks could que together why can't premades que against other premades and still get honor. i am sure some of the people doing premades just want to stomp noobs but make the queing like twink queing and you will be able to ignore those who crying about premades when there ques do not pop just like the twinks. but wait twinks are still queing and those who want other premades are still enjoying that part of the game. why can't we have a way to play with a community of people who only want to premade and not lose rating to get gear and when our rbg team is not online.
90 Human Priest
11/30/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Tinymasher
That's the long term plan, apparently, but it seems from Ghostcrawler's past comments on the subject that it is not as easy to accomplish as it sounds.

his comments are a direct description of oQueue's functionality

they can call me if they want to talk
Don't be arrogant. His comments are a 'direct description' of functions that already exist in-game for queueing for things that are intended for larger groups, like wargames and rated battlegrounds. The problem is simply that they can't currently support the other, equally important, half of the equation: matching those large groups up against equally large groups in unrated battlegrounds.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They have also suspended a few people for doing 1,2,3 que in groups of more then 5. they got suspended for 3 hours for doing premades as exploits as blizzard called.

unconfirmed FUD

Now lets work on oQ and get it working with out error messages so we can do rbgs and 5mans with it.

funny... i'm pretty sure you've never coded a line... but please, go ahead

Unconfirmed well then the first person to get banned please let me know as it has been reported of the suspensions. I havent done programming code outside of html code but thats not what im talking about. I just would like the addon to work right. I had seen this coming for a while now I had even warned people about using stall tactics inorder to exploit HKs and what you call Rage Quits. This is a huge part of why I believe they did this change so just things to think about.

Tiny while you have done alot lets not beat around the bush this addon is not your idea. It was like taking a toaster and adding a way to get bread for it and calling the whole invention yours. I remember the days of you talking about your conversations with the designer for AV preform and then oQ came up. So if your not willing to fix oQ maybe some one else will and then call it Qo and it will be published by some one else.
Edited by Ironmana on 11/30/2012 2:00 PM PST
85 Troll Druid
Why does blizzard take the time to roll out things like this, but are seem to not do anything against bots. They just tell us to report them afk and theyll look into it, LOL. You should be able to tell if somone is botting without us having to report them.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]