Battleground Queues and Addons

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Stupid
92 Tauren Death Knight
His comments are a 'direct description' of functions that already exist in-game for queueing for things that are intended for larger groups, like wargames and rated battlegrounds. The problem is simply that they can't currently support the other, equally important, half of the equation: matching those large groups up against equally large groups in unrated battlegrounds.

really? show me the mesh network that allows people on other realms to join your group

oh that's right... it's not there.

and yea, 'matching' is sooooo complicated ... it might be 30 lines of code

/eye-rolls
90 Human Mage
If you want to play as a group, you queue for a rated BG.
This bs of queuing for a random as a group is a way of giving yourself the advantage of playing against uncoordinated group cause you can't win against another premade.
Only a bad & uninformed player would think this way. I have been using OQueue the past two weeks (mostly 5 man groups but a few 6+) and the majority of horde groups we faced were also premades. The flip side is solo queueing and being with a bunch of alliance players that are either bots, bads or useless midiots/road warriors.

Blizzard if you want to crack down on groups of 6+ players that's fine, but also crack down on bots & give players that actually try to win the match an incentive over players that mindlessly PvP in the middle of nowhere.
100 Human Priest
11/30/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Tinymasher
His comments are a 'direct description' of functions that already exist in-game for queueing for things that are intended for larger groups, like wargames and rated battlegrounds. The problem is simply that they can't currently support the other, equally important, half of the equation: matching those large groups up against equally large groups in unrated battlegrounds.

really? show me the mesh network that allows people on other realms to join your group

oh that's right... it's not there.

and yea, 'matching' is sooooo complicated ... it might be 30 lines of code

/eye-rolls
Show me where the arena junkie interview discusses a 'mesh network' allowing people to form groups without using conventional in-game means. Ghostcrawler was talking about letting people play in large groups with their friends. Your addon is for people who can't find enough friends to play with (and of course, for circumventing the five many party limit.)

You wrote a popular addon. That's nice. But please don't pretend you know more about how to make this game work than the people who actually do it.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
In patch 5.1, we resolved some issues regarding how Addons interact with the Battleground queue system. It is no longer possible to automate queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5. We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience. Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.

I play a ret paladin in PVP. I would love to get into RBG's as you've suggested, however, ret paladins are not considered viable within an RBG comp. Hence, I can't get into a group, and players don't like to join my RBG team, as I'm a ret paladin. (due to bad preconceived composition)

To participate in your "War Games" you need to have TWO complete groups who agree to face each other...over and over again...with no reward (honor or conquest) for success. No chance for achievements...and..well...no point.

In essence, this response states that Ret paladins are pretty much out of luck, as are any other classes that don't fit into the optimal comp team.

While this change is annoying, it does not address either of two points.

A) Premades are still being run by both sides by simply counting down in voicechat and queueing simultaneously. Your change simply makes it inconvenient.

B) The reason that people WANT to do the premades is the VAST prevalence of bots/AFK'ers in the normal battlegrounds. Why would you want to participate in a battleground where 50-90% of the team is inactive or not contributing?

I encourage you to re-think this change, as you have annoyed a decent number of the players within your game, without fixing the root problem.

You want us to play with other people and interact. Please facilitate this, instead of making it more difficult to play in an organized fashion.

Thank you.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would say the Network/ social aspect is great and defiantly all tinys doing. This is something that would be good to put into blizzards UI as a way to get people for a ton of different things. PVE, PVP, and lvling would all be great if you could search in an addon for people doing similar things. But the premade part of this addon has been worked on and developed long before oQ and tinys involvement in it.

To any one that says only botters are against this addon. Im not a botter and blizzard changed the game to take away premades do you think they all bot. Believe it or not we might have got a few GMs attention when they go up against a full oQ premade. GMs play the game as well in both alliance and horde so if they where to have been in the other side of the bg with oQ they saw how unfair it is.
Edited by Ironmana on 11/30/2012 2:10 PM PST
92 Tauren Death Knight
phase .... 2
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/30/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Tinymasher
phase .... 2
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sigh, this will in no way, shape, or form accomplish what they think it will. I have never seen a group of 5 lose a BG, nor have I ever lost a regular BG when queuing on a group of 5. When 1/2 to 1/3 of the entire BG are people from my guild, all in vent, and not botting, it provides us such an overwhelming advantage -- it's why we do it in the first place.

If Blizzard wants to stop premades from rolling over normal BGs, than congratulations, this change will fix 1% of the problem. If they really wanted to fix it, they'd just stop groups from queueing entirely. Anything less than that is a half-hearted attempt to combat the problem.
Edited by Moìra on 11/30/2012 2:18 PM PST
100 Human Priest
11/30/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Guildsignd
Have you noticed one thing? The ones that refute oQueue and don't agree with oQueue being in existence are botters themselves, they have names on the botting forums that match up exactly, screenshots and all :)
Says the level one alt.
I would say the Network/ social aspect is great and defiantly all tinys doing. This is something that would be good to put into blizzards UI as a way to get people for a ton of different things. PVE, PVP, and lvling would all be great if you could search in an addon for people doing similar things. But the premade part of this addon has been worked on and developed long before oQ.
And that method simply will not scale to support the entire playerbase. It depends on blacklisting and banning to determine who is trusted and who isn't. Either it will be open to exploitation, shutting some people out of it unfairly, or it will be vulnerable to use by the 'bad' players who you say you don't want. From a technical perspective it may work. From a social one, it simply will not. But even if it did, this is not the need that Ghostcrawler said in the AJ interview that he wanted to serve; he said he wanted to offer people more options for playing with their friends, not more ways to find friends to play with.
100 Tauren Paladin
So Blizzard is working to get rid of the "War," at least Crafting is still kind of fun.
11/30/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Seph
We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players...

I'm pretty sure you meant bots.

That is all this change will help.
100 Human Priest
11/30/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Tinymasher
phase .... 2
Is phase two the part where you acknowledge that Blizzard sees your method of queueing as an exploit and focus soleley on allowing people to find groups, without the queue circumvention features? Or is it where you find new methods of cheating and, since we finally have a blue post specifically condemning this behavior, maybe start getting users who trust you banned?
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/30/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Bovinedevine
So Blizzard is working to get rid of the "War," at least Crafting is still kind of fun.

LOL
90 Goblin Hunter
11/30/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Cylthia
phase .... 2
Is phase two the part where you acknowledge that Blizzard sees your method of queueing as an exploit and focus soleley on allowing people to find groups, without the queue circumvention features? Or is it where you find new methods of cheating and, since we finally have a blue post specifically condemning this behavior, maybe start getting users who trust you banned?

Noooo... he just finished eating mexican food. Sheesh
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/30/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Cylthia
phase .... 2

Please dont do anything that will get people banned or your self. For what reason I dont see any please just work with what you have and try improving what we can do with oQ.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]