Brawlers Guild: Battletron buffed?

90 Pandaren Monk
Am i going crazy or was battletron buffed from ~5mil hp to 10mil? It's pretty much impossible for me in my gear as i can only sustain ~60k dps which leaves me well short of killing it before the enrage.

Any reason why this was changed and not announced?

Ok not going crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YCtNaxp3Y4o#t=192s

massive fu blizz
Edited by Tunhoad on 11/30/2012 11:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just for everyone else the dps requirement for this fight went from ~45k dps to ~85k.

Oh and buffing a boss so extremely is pretty weak. The fight itself is pretty basic - its pretty much a patchwerk.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yeah, they buffed it quite a lot. But I guess it's okay since rank 7 is meant to be difficult. Though....it's awfully hard to stay alive and do good dps. :(
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
Melee are one thing, but I'm curious how they expect a Mage to maintain 80k dps while moving. It's an absurdity. We can't Deep Freeze him, and we can't root him for a shatter, and we don't really have the ability to survive more than a few mines. On top of that, since we have to be mobile throughout the fight, we're limited to scorch, or whatever occasional cast we can stop and sneak off before the mines rotate back around.

Mages have always had among the worst mobile dps in the game, and this just brutalizes them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I am doing this in my offspec and by no means am I the greatest Priest ever, the highest dps on one of my attempts I've only been able to do 64k dps and unless somebody knows something I don't I feel Shadow is extremely weak overall in the Brawlers Guild. WTB a better Priest to carry me to wins!

edit: Just watched the video on my best attempt I've done around 5-6 million in damage.
Edited by Prelude on 11/30/2012 1:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I jsut killed him with the Rain of fire coming after me but it jsut hit & i killed him so I'm scared of Meatball o.o
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
I jsut killed him with the Rain of fire coming after me but it jsut hit & i killed him so I'm scared of Meatball o.o

Yeah, melee don't have as much of a problem with him because their attacks are instant cast, so they're pretty much designed to run and gun. Unfortunately most caster classes that are stuck with cast times like mages are completely gated out of rank 8 because of this buff.

If I'm very lucky with my crits, I can maybe get close to 55-60k dps with bloodlust and a brawler's potion with scorch, but that's only during the initial 40 seconds or so of the fight. Once my cooldowns fade, it's over.

I can't afford to sit there and nuke because I can't survive those mines like other classes, and mages are among with worst mobile dps in the game so actually running the fight as intended is out of the question. I have absolutely no idea what they were thinking with buffing this fight in such a lazy manner.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Several bosses were changed, mostly buffs, but nothing so extreme as that. It's a bit strange to flat out double his health. Yes, he was an absolute joke, but now he's pretty far above the rest of rank 7, even above one of the rank 8 bosses (I'd be stuck at him if I weren't past it already).

Though in a way it does make sense; 85k is still less than you're expected to pull on 3/4 rank 8 bosses.
Edited by Ahanss on 11/30/2012 8:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
71k on my best attempt where I blew up the majority of the bombs but ended up dying at like 3million health
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage

Though in a way it does make sense; 85k is still less than you're expected to pull on 3/4 rank 8 bosses.

Some of those situations are a bit different though. Casters don't have to do much of any moving on Manastorm. (I haven't seen anyone survive the others to the enrage, much less make the dps requirement)

I mean, I get what you're saying, but this is a physical limitation against a subset of classes that doesn't apply to melee because of the nature of game mechanics. I don't particularly like the idea that melee get to clear this fight while casters are supposed to just come back next raid tier when they have hopefully scaled up enough to do that kind of mobile dps.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/30/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Donnicton
I don't particularly like the idea that melee get to clear this fight while casters are supposed to just come back next raid tier when they have hopefully scaled up enough to do that kind of mobile dps.

You're going to hate Epicus Maximus. Seriously, if you can't dps with the movement on battletron, Epicus is going nowhere for you.

(how have people not survived epicus to berserk? He's easy to dodge, just takes a fair amount of moving around :P).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Just for everyone else the dps requirement for this fight went from ~45k dps to ~85k.

Oh and buffing a boss so extremely is pretty weak. The fight itself is pretty basic - its pretty much a patchwerk.

I can't resist to say that:
YOU GOT JAY WILSONED!!!!

Come on the brawler's guild always reeked of Jay Wilson. It's all probably coming from his suggestion, since Blizzard made SC2 and WoW teams collaborate with D3.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
11/30/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Ahanss
I don't particularly like the idea that melee get to clear this fight while casters are supposed to just come back next raid tier when they have hopefully scaled up enough to do that kind of mobile dps.

You're going to hate Epicus Maximus. Seriously, if you can't dps with the movement on battletron, Epicus is going nowhere for you.

(how have people not survived epicus to berserk? He's easy to dodge, just takes a fair amount of moving around :P).

I got the idea from your previous post, but it's really besides the issue.
Reply Quote
Best attempt I've gotten him to 2 million, don't understand how to do the dps required while also staying alive. Atleast make his attacks have a cast and interruptable?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well the movement thing for ranged prolly makes up for melee on the dark summoner. That was by far the hardest fight in there, gg engi i got on 3 goes and spent ~25 attempts on dark summoner (and ironically the day after i kill it they nerf it). Battletron aint hard, mechanically it's very simple. I just can't get the dps for it and won't for quite a while - purely restricted by gear. I think the dps requirements go from ~45 - 50k dps to beat enrage to 85k+ in one fight. Not much of a gradient.

Honestly im pretty disappointed - maybe if the fight was like this from the get go i wouldn't be so pissed off. But buffing a boss by doubling the dps requirement in a hotfix is just plain outright crazy/dumb/stupid etc etc.

Blizz, in future if ya gonna have hard gear checks just implement an ilvl check where u can't even queue if you dont make the requirements or at the very least have a min ilvl recommendation for each class - stop wasting other peoples time if you have no chance of killing the content. Better yet just have it scale like challenge modes - not every one enjoys endless gear grinds, fresh content like this, that for the most part is heavily based on player skill would be awesome every other patch.
Reply Quote
Well the movement thing for ranged prolly makes up for melee on the dark summoner. That was by far the hardest fight in there, gg engi i got on 3 goes and spent ~25 attempts on dark summoner (and ironically the day after i kill it they nerf it). Battletron aint hard, mechanically it's very simple. I just can't get the dps for it and won't for quite a while - purely restricted by gear. I think the dps requirements go from ~45 - 50k dps to beat enrage to 85k+ in one fight. Not much of a gradient.

Honestly im pretty disappointed - maybe if the fight was like this from the get go i wouldn't be so pissed off. But buffing a boss by doubling the dps requirement in a hotfix is just plain outright crazy/dumb/stupid etc etc.

Blizz, in future if ya gonna have hard gear checks just implement an ilvl check where u can't even queue if you dont make the requirements or at the very least have a min ilvl recommendation for each class - stop wasting other peoples time if you have no chance of killing the content. Better yet just have it scale like challenge modes - not every one enjoys endless gear grinds, fresh content like this, that for the most part is heavily based on player skill would be awesome every other patch.

How did they nerf dark summoner?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

Meatballs a free kill.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/30/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Littlebambi
How did they nerf dark summoner?

Dark Summoner's health has been reduced by 10%, and his damage reduced by 35%.

soure: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/246159-patch-51-hotfixes-november-29/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
!@#$ is all about having gear, and not about playing your class well.
GG Blizzard, do you people even play your own game, run any tests?.. Or do you just throw %^-* out there to see if it sticks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
My pets are constantly blowing up the bombs, so that's a fun issue. Also, the self healing requirement does seem a bit strict. I've yet to see a single caster down him. Warrior's surviving only because of second wind. Only others i've seen with kill is dks and monks due to gearing and self healing abilities. Nerfing the Summoner seems redundant, if they feel it's too hard and Battletron is easier. Also, not able to use death pact hurts our dps being forced to take death siphon or Conversion. I don't mind dps checks, that forces you to play better, but you shouldn't be limited in spells aloud.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]