Protection warrior threat

90 Orc Warrior
Is anyone else having trouble holding AoE threat in raids as a prot warrior? Im thunderclapping like mad and hitting shockwave all i can and for some reason the AoE DPS just pulls aggro off of me. Is there something im doing wrong? Something I need more of? Or am I just dealing with bad DPS who dont know how to manage aggro?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I've only done LFR so I'm not sure how credible I am, but I haven't had any issues as long as I can charge in and get a Thunder Clap off. Occasionally if someone is single targeting while I'm trying to maintain AOE I might lose aggro, but it's not a huge deal as I can taunt right off.

Charge, Thunder Clap, backpedal a bit, Shockwave, and you're good to go. If I have excess rage or if CS is up before the pull I can even get Shield Block up to help w/ early mitigation(not really an issue w/ LFR trash from what I can tell).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Prot warrior AOE threat is pretty ridiculous. If you're losing aggro to dps while "thunderclapping like mad and hitting shockwave" then it's a safe bet you're not actually thunderclapping like mad and hitting shockwave. Or not in defensive stance.

Make sure you're also cleaving and revenging on AOE packs, but frankly thunderclap/shockwave do most of the work here.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Bloodbath dot doesn't hurt to use.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]