The loot you COULD have gotten.

90 Human Paladin
I've noticed something. Last week, I cleared the LFRs after reset.

Later that day, ran them again with the guild. To help out.

I know I can't get any gear from it, but after killing a boss, a little window popped up that said,

"You are not eligible for the following loot because you have already looted from this boss." Or something along those lines.

And in the box was a picture of a tier token.

Is that really necessary? They couldn't just not have anything happen after you kill the boss? I like running LFR when I'm bored with pals. But now, I don't want to, because it's a sad moment when Blizzard says, "Hey, we were going to give you this. BUT. You already looted from the boss this week. So we'll just keep it. Thought we'd let you know though."

Please. Take this out.

Friends ask me to run LFR with them, and I have to say, "No, I don't really feel like running on a treadmill while Blizzard dangles a metaphorical Twinkie in front of my eyes."

It just seems a bit redundant.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
That is hilariously, soul crushingly cruel.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I also agree with this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
WOW, that is a real slap in the face. Yes, that really needs to be taken out. I would probably cry like a little girl if that happened to me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
11/30/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Jessebella

QFT.

I agree with OP.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
This seems odd... I mean, I haven't been doing LFR, but from my understanding when you didn't win, it didn't show you what could have dropped... but on the second go through it does?
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well. that somewhat sucks. Hope they change that, especially with the change to the queue popup and their desire to actually get people to run LFR for bosses they don't need if they want to get the ones they do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/30/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Trygveseim
This seems odd... I mean, I haven't been doing LFR, but from my understanding when you didn't win, it didn't show you what could have dropped... but on the second go through it does?

The first time you go through, if you don't win loot, it gives you a bag of gold.

Second time through, it will show you what you didn't win. Which most of the time, it will say, "You were uneligible for...." and show the bag of gold. But in this case, it showed me the tier token.

It is hilariously, soul crushingly cruel. I laughed about it. But it was very painful, depressing laughter, haha.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

It shows you what you would have won had that been your first run through. Since it being your second run through you aren't eligible for loot, but it still rolls to find out what you would've gotten.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/30/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Shyala
Well. that somewhat sucks. Hope they change that, especially with the change to the queue popup and their desire to actually get people to run LFR for bosses they don't need if they want to get the ones they do.

My thoughts exactly. Those two things do not mix well.

They don't show you progress, so if you have to kill a boss you've already killed, and they show you that you missed out on some seriously attractive loot, the next time you're in LFR, I bet you leave if you join a group that's on a boss you've already downed.

It's the little things that hurt the most.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
11/30/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Xeyla

The first time you go through, if you don't win loot, it gives you a bag of gold.

Second time through, it will show you what you didn't win. Which most of the time, it will say, "You were uneligible for...." and show the bag of gold. But in this case, it showed me the tier token.

It is hilariously, soul crushingly cruel. I laughed about it. But it was very painful, depressing laughter, haha.

Ah got it, my bad for equating the bag of gold to winning nothing, a common mistake I'm sure! :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Yeah, I agree it is rubbing it in your face when it does that. A simple box with "You are ineligible for loot on this boss" and no other indicators would be far better.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I was running through it again to roll with my charm at a second chance for my sha touched (if you didn't realize, you can do this) and low and behold, I get a thing pop up that shows the image of my sha touched that I could have won if I hadn't run it before and didn't get using my token. There was much cursing at the screen. I really didn't need to know this.

But happy ending, this week I got it to drop again with a token run on my first run through. This will, though unhappily, probably be the end of my good RNG luck for awhile.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
It would be even better if an item started moving towards you like a newyears ball, all shiny and stuff (with beautiful music), only to bounce away to its real, new owner, leaving you only with the sound of Peter Griffin's giggle.

... then a raid message appears that says "xxyy should have received yyxx item, but didn't. Fate owes this player one piece of useful gear, as he desparately needs it."
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
You where supposed to quote me Morrighan. ME.
Reply Quote
I hate when that happens...

"Hey look what dropped! It's that peice of gear youve needed, and now you cant even roll on it. Here, let me shove it in your face. HAHAHAHAHAHA"

/cries in corner.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]